Is this the best upgrade I can get?

Go to solution Solved by Interfectorem,

Your link is not working, but are you proposing to upgrade to a new CPU, RAM, SSD, and motherboard but keep your old GTX 750Ti (Since I assume it has plenty of horsepower to run CS:GO). If yes, then yea that's a pretty nice upgrade over that AMD APU. Even if this PC is a bit overkill for CS:GO, it will last you a loong time and you could venture into heavier games if you ever want to.

I currently have an A10-6800(k?) and a 750ti and a single stick of shitty no-brand 8gb 1333mhz RAM. I don't play many other games other than Counter Strike-Global Offensive so I don't feel the need for a GPU update yet, the 750ti does fine for me. 

http://imgur.com/1ovsVcc]http://imgur.com/1ovsVcc (There is 16gb of RAM, i5-4690k,120gb SSD and a MSI Z97 PC Mate Motherboard.

Is this the most effective upgrade I can get for my money? Don't really want to go AMD, I already have water cooling(H55) so I can hope OC the i5 well. + Bonus, are there any downsides to 4 channel RAM other than no upgrades from 16-32?

Thanks! :D

Your link is not working, but are you proposing to upgrade to a new CPU, RAM, SSD, and motherboard but keep your old GTX 750Ti (Since I assume it has plenty of horsepower to run CS:GO). If yes, then yea that's a pretty nice upgrade over that AMD APU. Even if this PC is a bit overkill for CS:GO, it will last you a loong time and you could venture into heavier games if you ever want to.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Just now, Interfectorem said:

I have a 144hz monitor and I am alright at the game so I want to get as many fames as I can:P Thanks for the conformation, appreciate it!:)

Just now, WastedBenji said:

I have a 144hz monitor and I am alright at the game so I want to get as many fames as I can:P Thanks for the conformation, appreciate it!:)

Also I forgot to answer your last question, no there's no major downfall in having 4 sticks as opposed to 2.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

3 minutes ago, Interfectorem said:

Also I forgot to answer your last question, no there's no major downfall in having 4 sticks as opposed to 2.

Great thank you!:)

Personally if your only playing CS:GO, I'd wait till you wanted to play something more demanding then upgrade, You always get more for your money if you wait and you don't really need anything yet for what you do... Maybe an SSD and ram upgrade but I wouldn't go full platform if the most demanding thing you do on it is browse and play cs.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

11 minutes ago, Interfectorem said:

Except there are major downfalls to using 4 sticks as opposed to 2. If they are 4x4gb sticks, then they are single rank, which means you lose Rank Interleaving. That is a huge downside. You also have to worry about multi dimms per channel timings (_DD nomenclature in ram settings) which is more stress on the IMC, compared to having one dimm per channel, which are exempt to those timings entirely.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

8 hours ago, MageTank said:

Except there are major downfalls to using 4 sticks as opposed to 2. If they are 4x4gb sticks, then they are single rank, which means you lose Rank Interleaving. That is a huge downside. You also have to worry about multi dimms per channel timings (_DD nomenclature in ram settings) which is more stress on the IMC, compared to having one dimm per channel, which are exempt to those timings entirely.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this department. Would that also affect real world performance in a realistic way (Namely gaming performance, since that's what OP does)? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely curious.

On 3/3/2016 at 5:26 PM, Interfectorem said:

Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this department. Would that also affect real world performance in a realistic way (Namely gaming performance, since that's what OP does)? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely curious.

Sorry for the late reply, busy work week. Rank Interleaving increases your memory bandwidth by a pretty decent amount. My tests (linked in my signature) have shown that more memory bandwidth does impact gaming performance in situations with high CPU overhead. How large the impact is, depends on exactly how much overhead exists. The stronger your GPU(s), the more likely your CPU is unable to properly keep them fed. In this situation, more memory bandwidth will help improve your minimum FPS by a large percentage. 

Rank Interleaving in and of itself will only yield about 5% more bandwidth, but the raw bandwidth is not why its important. What makes Rank Interleaving and multi-rank DIMM's important is the ability to read one rank while writing to another. You can only have one rank open per channel at any given time, and while the other ranks are closed, they can do refreshing and precharge. That is where Rank Interleaving shines. 

So in short, will it impact real world usage? Probably. Depends on the setup, and CPU overhead for gaming. It's impact on heavy compression is real, and well worth the investment in multi-rank DIMMS. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.