LD Cooling PC v10 Phase Change Case

Was great seeing an oldish fashioned unboxing! 

Should've put the old intro on, (With Linus popping out of the box)

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

I was wondering why the vid name was odd.

Then, well, I was wondering why the video cut out half way through.

Then, the video name was updated.

Nice semi 'blast from the past'.

Are you still running behind of your production schedule? It certainly looks like it.

Well, actually I'm okay with that. This was entertaining also.

Do not feed.

Now I really want to see you build a system in that computer to show off just how stupid cold you can get your CPU.

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

What is the actual power consumption of running just the phase change "unit" on this?

I want to know, `how comes this video was created and edited but not released in the first place`? Not complaining, it just a bit strange

Is this the same case that they used in the Sub-Zero system build? Me thinks so! 

One of the things that always disappointed me about the Sub-Zero system build was no followup on what the performance was on the system or what types of "stable" overclocking could be done. My apologies if that information was posted on the forums, but i'v never seen data on what this thing can do. 

I think Linus should do a followup and fill this puppy up with liquid cooled video cards for a HOLY $H!T! video and make a SUB-ZERO, LIQUID COOLED, OVERCLOCKER'S DREAM! 

I think old vids are good, so long as they are somewhat relevant still. A phase change case is somewhat of a oddity so its interesting even if its old. Something like a old GPU or old 'normal' case probably wouldn't be that great of a vid.

As for the case itself, its a nice attempt at a retail available sub zero case, but it just doesn't cut it imo. its limited to 1 head, so its only for the CPU, or GPU if u mount it with ur own method, not both. I would think some one going sub zero would want both their GPU and CPU cooled, not just one.

It is my opinion that it would be more practical to create a Phase change Box, that is purely for the phase unit, and should be available in 1 to 3 heads ( CPU + up to 2 GPU's), using as many separate compressors/condensers as needed, 1 to 3 depending thermal dissipation power per unit. In such a setup it could be made with quiet operation in mind, so it would probably end up larger. But it would at least allow more options for the user as they could choose any case they like and simply mod it (cut some holes) to fit the heads from the Phase Unit.

Basically similar to how u can buy a retail water chiller designed for PC's (Koolance EXC-800). Though for truly high end systems and colder temp targets even then you'd want to get something else, like a high capacity (1000W+) Aquarium chiller.

Again, all my opinion.

I've looked into ways of going sub ambient and phase change sub zero was one of them, but in the end any and all retail options out there are just not that great for going sub zero on both CPU and GPU's at the same time. You end up having to go DIY, and that's a lot of work. So instead what im planning to go with is a sub ambient water loop using a 1650w aquarium water chiller, with a target water temp of between 4-10c. The DIY work will be much simpler (though no less important) as it will be just ensuring adequate condensation protection and prevention.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

More of this type of content please : )

9 hours ago, Bangflop said:

Now I really want to see you build a system in that computer to show off just how stupid cold you can get your CPU.

He already posted the video build before  

8 hours ago, aflyinghotpocket said:

Is this the same case that they used in the Sub-Zero system build? Me thinks so! 

One of the things that always disappointed me about the Sub-Zero system build was no followup on what the performance was on the system or what types of "stable" overclocking could be done. My apologies if that information was posted on the forums, but i'v never seen data on what this thing can do. 

I think Linus should do a followup and fill this puppy up with liquid cooled video cards for a HOLY $H!T! video and make a SUB-ZERO, LIQUID COOLED, OVERCLOCKER'S DREAM! 

And he sorta made a followup of the video. 

10 hours ago, TheWoollyMammoth said:

Are you still running behind of your production schedule? It certainly looks like it.

Well, actually I'm okay with that. This was entertaining also.

We're actually more ahead than we've been in a long time (mainly due to HUGE upcoming shoots and projects that require us to be).

8 hours ago, AxelRantila said:

I want to know, `how comes this video was created and edited but not released in the first place`? Not complaining, it just a bit strange

To be totally honest (and I don't know the real answer, this is just my guess) I think it was created for release and then just got missed on our schedule. This unboxing was done in the lead-up to our move last year, which was probably the craziest ~4 months in our company's existence. I'm surprised that only one video slipped through the cracks :P

7 hours ago, SolarNova said:

I think old vids are good, so long as they are somewhat relevant still. A phase change case is somewhat of a oddity so its interesting even if its old. Something like a old GPU or old 'normal' case probably wouldn't be that great of a vid.

-snip-

Yeah, we wouldn't do an old product that is no longer relevant. This was just such an interesting piece and it was a shame that we never shared the unboxing experience - so we just said screw it and released it.

As Linus said within the video, I'm not sure if we would ever do this again (mainly because it is an extremely rare case for us to fully create a video and not release it).