Complete rework of current setup

So I have a somewhat large project on my hands here. The main idea for the project is to complete rework my current media setup to utilize an HD Homerun prime to record shows to a nas for playback with plex. Currently the plan is to hook up all of the tvs to chromecasts for playback. Now where I am not very knowledgeable is in setting up recording. I would like to be able to just set shows to record and have the hdhomerun pass them to the nas but I do not think there is anything like that currently, so will I have to build another pc to do the recording running something similar to mythtv? Also I am considering rack mounting the nas along with my pfsense router so I would appreciate recommendations for a small rack or cabinet with anything around like 8 units of space, or is that just a bad idea? I have a budget of like $2500 and I already have a 2u router and the chromecasts.

To record TV you are gonna need a capture card. The process that I have in mind must be set to record on the computer and you cant watch anything else bu that program.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

The extent of my experience with HD Homerun units is to watch live TV (we use them to verify our cable output is working at client locations). I have no idea how recording with them actually works. I have a feeling that you have to set it up from a computer, but I don't know if the comouter has to be running to manage the recording. If it does though, I see no reason why that can't be the same computer that Plex Server is running on. You just need to budget for a slightly faster CPU then you would otherwise.

Edit: and my recommendation for small racks, if you are in the US, is Navepoint. Their wall mount racks work just as well sitting on the ground.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: