cheap small 1150 CPU cooler that actually works?

arranb1223

Bought a used 4460 of eBay but it dint come with the stock CPU cooler. So I just bought this rubbish Arctic CPU Cooler off of Amazon for £8, It was very hard to install but once I did install it, it blocked one of my RAM slots because I have a micro ATX Board and at idle the CPU was almost 100 Celsius! so I returned it.

Can any one recommend a cheap small 1150 CPU cooler that actually works?

PC Specs
CPU: i7 4790 | Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H | RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB | GPU: GTX 1070 | Case: NZXT S340 | Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsung SSD 256GB | PSU: Corsair CS550M | Operating System: Windows 10

You might want to considering looking at a CRYORIG H7 or M9i if you have very limited space.

Hope it helps!

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

noctua do a small form factor cpu cooler or you could but a stock cpu cooler and install that

4 minutes ago, arranb1223 said:

Bought a used 4460 of eBay but it dint come with the stock CPU cooler. So I just bought this rubbish Arctic CPU Cooler off of Amazon for £8, It was very hard to install but once I did install it, it blocked one of my RAM slots because I have a micro ATX Board and at idle the CPU was almost 100 Celsius! so I returned it.

uhhhh... stock? lol since your not gonna OC you could probably pick up a stock cooler from ebay for 5 bucks 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

4 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

uhhhh... stock? lol since your not gonna OC you could probably pick up a stock cooler from ebay for 5 bucks 

Oh yeah thanks dude

PC Specs
CPU: i7 4790 | Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H | RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB | GPU: GTX 1070 | Case: NZXT S340 | Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsung SSD 256GB | PSU: Corsair CS550M | Operating System: Windows 10

I know: Arctic again, but I'm using the Arctic Freezer 13 on my 4440 and got great temperature results.

It's also pretty easy to install. (Similar to intel box installment)

Sry for bad english

6 minutes ago, arranb1223 said:

The Cryorig C7 will fit into just about any case, and is far, far more than sufficient for cooling a stock-clocked i5.

Honestly, you could probably just buy another stock cooler if you don't mind the noise.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

I've got an Asus H87M Pro+i5 4440, and with my Arcitc Freezer 7 Rev 2.0 ($25 AUD) I've had no problems at all, with the temps (very low) and the RAM. As it is with my 4790K at stock it keeps it at around 70oC under full load, and that's with the fan only at 1800RPM.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Bastian said:

I know: Arctic again, but I'm using the Arctic Freezer 13 on my 4440 and got great temperature results.

It's also pretty easy to install. (Similar to intel box installment)

Sry for bad english

I don't want to go near Arctic, I don't want to have the same problem again. Ill probably just get a stock cooler off of ebay

no need to apologise, your English was perfect 

PC Specs

3 minutes ago, arranb1223 said:

Oh yeah thanks dude

I would send you a spare one i have but i dont wanna pay 100 for shipping lol 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

1 minute ago, arranb1223 said:

I don't want to go near Arctic, I don't want to have the same problem again. Ill probably just get a stock cooler off of ebay

no need to apologise, your English was perfect 

Check the way its mounted. Poorly mounting CPU coolers is the only reason for temps like that with a locked i5-considering the only cooler you could be talking about is the Alpine, and its better than the stock cooler which is perfect for locked i5 and runs silently with my i5 4440..

PMSL

Hmm well maybe, but I can't do anything now cause I've returned it! It was too big anyway

PC Specs

4 minutes ago, arranb1223 said:

Hmm well maybe, but I can't do anything now cause I've returned it! It was too big anyway

What case and motherboard are you using? The only time one of their low end coolers would be too big is if it were a narrow case, or a motherboard with massive VRM+NB heatsinks like my P5Q Deluxe.

PMSL

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

What case and motherboard are you using? The only time one of their low end coolers would be too big is if it were a narrow case, or a motherboard with massive VRM+NB heatsinks like my P5Q Deluxe.

I'm using the nzxt s340 and a gigabyte H81M-S2H micro atx board and the cooler I bought was the ARCTIC Alpine 11 Pro Rev.2 it blocked one of my ram slots

PC Specs

8 minutes ago, arranb1223 said:

I'm using the nzxt s340 and a gigabyte H81M-S2H micro atx board and the cooler I bought was the ARCTIC Alpine 11 Pro Rev.2 it blocked one of my ram slots

Looking at it, all you needed to do was rotate it 90o and it'd have been fine.

PMSL

I run a 4460 with one of these on it and get great thermals, may be too big for your case though.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

The M9i is on sale for 19.99USD on Newegg right now.