The struggles of having a better pc than your friends

Solrix

Who here has a better PC than your friends? Planet side 2 is my favorite game right now but my friend PC sucks and can't run squat. So I get stuck playing mine craft (which gets old fast) and any other game that his PC will handle. Already have a list of PC parts for his build we are planing at the end of the year. Who here has this problem?

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

Who here has a better PC than your friends? Planet side 2 is my favorite game right now but my friend PC sucks and can't run squat. So I get stuck playing mine craft (which gets old fast) and any other game that his PC will handle. Already have a list of PC parts for his build we are planing at the end of the year. Who here has this problem?

If I had friends I might have this problem. 

#Antisocial #HashTag

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I had the same problem with Planetside for a while, but I did manage to get three of my buddies to get new i5's and i7's for it :P

The main problem I get is that whenever I start talking about computer stuff (which obviously I love to do) a select few of my friends think I'm bragging when I'm really just trying to talk about something I'm passionate about :(

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

I prefer to play games alone honestly.

What games do you like playing single player?

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

Sadly I have one friend with a high end gaming machine and many of my friends can hardly run minecraft or LoL. Thanks to me explaining about my pc in school a lot of my classmates and friends are wanting to switch from their consoles or older laptops. They don't see the next-gen consoles as ideal and they understand that building one is a great experience. Every person that asks I always recommend this site, as well as Linus' youtube channels, and those of many of his guests. Everyone needs to bring the pc community back to its former glory, and not by being pc master race, but by encouraging console peasants to have a more worth while experience.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

My rig beats anyone that i know's computer hands down, though I do have friends who can play everything I can, just at lower settings, my idiot friend bought a computer from some bootleg custom gaming PC website around January, and apparently he thought a 1 gig 650 would be able to handle any game he wanted.... I think the closest to my pc any of my friends have would be my CAD instructor's rig with a 980x, as far as cpu power goes, but I think he has something like a 8800gt in there still, plus a workstation card for CAD

Main Machines~ Prometheus - i7 3930k @ 4.5GHz, X79-UD3, HyperX Blu 1600Mhz 24Gb (2x8Gb, 2x4Gb), XFX Double-D 7970, H100i, Military green C70, TX850M, All Corsair SP/AF-120 fans, Samsung 840 Pro 128Gb, 750Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM x2, NZXT Hue accent lights (wouldn't reccommend, they don't stick well). Laptop~ Asus X202E touch notebook- 500Gb 5400RPM 7mm HDD, 4Gb RAM-not upgradeable, 1.8GHz i3, HD4000

Checking in.

One of my friends will be getting some money together soon, then I'll be teaching him how to build his own!

Even I have a better PC than anyone I know personally and mine is just a mid-high end build.

People here think that building computers is impressive and most just don't bother. That's why I end up playing games alone or with people online. I have 0 friends on Steam.

i have the most powerful pc compared to my friends.
it takes them a millennia to open dota (by millennia i mean a 20 longer than me)

I don't have any friends that are PC gamers :( All are major console fanboys.

I second that. 

My Aussie friend yells at me all the time for not being passionate about FPSs because my computer is better than his.

My struggles are more like: the struggles of having friends argue that consoles have better graphics and look cooler than my PCs.

Can't wait to show them up in BF4 when they're playing at 720p :P

But on topic: I prefer to play games by myself, online or single player.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

yeah I have the same situation... just a few weeks ago I had a small LAN party with my friends but we ended up playing Call of Duty 4 instead battlefield 3 because of the PCs my friends have... not able to run BF3 properly. And I don't even have a high end machine

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

I haven't played half of the games in my steam library because my friends computers can't handle them. :(

Currently all my friends have high end gaming rigs. just from different generations. Remember the i7 920? my friend has one of those OC'd to 3.8. Everyone else has an i5/i7 rig of some type. Just there gpu's are scattered everywhere. I can only think of one friend who has a pc better then mine and that is just because he got a 680 where I have a 670 FTW edition.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

I got basicly everyone of my friends to build a pc almost the same as mine :D

I'm a follower of my friend, were helping our rich friends (Mind you, they call the monitor a computer.) And what all the parts do and how to maintain.

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

What games do you like playing single player?

Anything and everything. Far Cry, Metro, Crysis, Rouge Legacy, Bioshock, Civilization, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Dark Souls, Binding of Isaac, Borderlands, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Kingdoms of Amalur, Mass Effect, Magicka, Torchlight, Diablo (I and II). And of course, many more. 

All but one of my friends can't play any of the same games as me. The one friend that can play I don't even play with.

Well that's what we have Internet friends for!

I have the oposite i have crap pc and friends have high end rigs but not for long anymore !

4690k==H105==Z97 Sniper G1== Ballistix Tracer 8GB==MSI GTX 1660 Ti== 1TB SB==MX100 128GB ==450D

No friends - no problem.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Among my friends and family, nope, none has a rig that remotely comes close to mine....even my 2nd rig is way more powerful than all of my friends'. My bro has a reasonably powerful rig - Q6600 @3.2ghz/4GB RAM/LeadTek GTX450 - only because I'd helped him build this rig from some spare parts I had lying around. And among my friends, yes some have i5's and i7's on their laptops, and perhaps a couple with i5's on their desktops with IGP I reckon as none are gamers. Only my nephew has a reasonably powerful system (which I'd build for him) - i7 2600K/Asus Z68 mobo (don't recall model now)/8GB DDR3 1600mhz/XFX HD6990 - more than powerful enough to take on a whole slew modern games.

Main Rig: LGA2011 i7 3960X/Asus RIVE/16GB Corsair Dom Plat 2133mhz/3x HD7970 CFX

2nd Rig: FX8350 @4.5ghz/Asus CVF/16GB RipJawsX 2133mhz/2x GTX670

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2