Best settings for a Xonar Essence STX with Sennheiser HD 280 Pro

GlobalCorey

I would like some input from you guys on what would be the best settings in the Xonar Audio Center, Windows 7 and (if you can) foobar2000 (components, I already have WASAPI) to bring out the best quality of my Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's. By best I mean what are the settings that the headphones are capable of and will play best on, thank you in advance.

Field agent from the Ministry of Stop It. Now stop it!

Uhm, I have my sample rate set to 96KHz and Hi-Fi enabled. Only mess with it to turn 7.1 on for Crysis. Sounds great, I don't mess with the EQ, Hi-Fi toggle does a better job. Set yours to High Gain 64~300ohms. Should be fine.

T0wers got it. There is never a perfect answer. You'll also learn more about what each control does if you play with it yourself.

Gain should always be the lowest setting that gets loud enough. Although your headphones lack a bit of impedance that you'd like to have for the STX's headphone amp. Use the 192khz sampling setting, it will give you a LOT of headroom.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Well yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing, and it does sound nice. My next headphone/headset upgrade will be a pair of PC 350's to unlock some real power in the STX. HD 280 Pro's are nice and all, but I'm aware that the STX needs better to really roar.

Field agent from the Ministry of Stop It. Now stop it!

You wont be pushin the STX too hard with the PC 350

look into the pc360's if you can, the 350s are closed, and IIRC the 360's are essentially the HD555/595 with a mic.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

look into the pc360's if you can, the 350s are closed, and IIRC the 360's are essentially the HD555/595 with a mic.
yeah thats what i read too.