MP3 Alternatives to iPod?

noahkmccoy

Do you guys know of any decent MP3 players besides Apple products? It seems like the only ones available in stores are the nano, shuffle, and ipod touch. Yet neither the nano nor shuffle have the storage space I need. And I really am not interested in all the extra apps and capabilities of the touch. I just want to listen to music! 

Any suggestions? If nothing else, I'll try to find an ipod classic on eBay. 

i loved my old ipod classic. but idk maybe use you phone? if you phone can have a SD card get one and just fill it with songs. i have 780+ songs on my 32 gb SD card in my phone 

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

depending on what type of phone you have, the integrated music app on it might be good. I have a galaxy s5 and all I did was slap a 16 GB microSD in it and I have more than enough space for my music and the UI is nice. Other than using a smartphone, I honestly have never used anything else for an mp3.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Maybe the SonyWalkman yah i have been looking around and there isnt anything around that looks nice has good storage.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

19 minutes ago, noahkmccoy said:

Do you guys know of any decent MP3 players besides Apple products? It seems like the only ones available in stores are the nano, shuffle, and ipod touch. Yet neither the nano nor shuffle have the storage space I need. And I really am not interested in all the extra apps and capabilities of the touch. I just want to listen to music! 

Any suggestions? If nothing else, I'll try to find an ipod classic on eBay. 

Microsoft Zune

16 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Sandisk is still making the Clip, they are 8GB but have SD expandable storage. There are also a few "iPod like" devices from FiiO.

Honestly I'd pass on the newest version of the clip. The software is shoddy at best and making a playlist is way more complicated than it should be. Also I find it to be too small to effectively hold, and I have small hands. Battery life is insane though, so if you can find a way to set it and forget it then maybe it would work for you.

5 minutes ago, DJ25380 said:

Microsoft Zune

while true, there is no longer support for the zune. aspects of what made the zune great been integrated into windows phone/xbox.

like @Slyhawk said, sony walkman is probably the next best mp3 player in terms of music management.

Just now, niccaa23 said:

while true, there is no longer support for the zune. aspects of what made the zune great been integrated into windows phone/xbox.

like @Slyhawk said, sony walkman is probably the next best mp3 player in terms of music management.

Yep

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I definitely see smartphones taking over that market. My current phone doesn't not have enough support in the matter. I might be better off upgrading phones to one with external SD support for music. 

That or I might go with the Sony Walkman. 

1 minute ago, noahkmccoy said:

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I definitely see smartphones taking over that market. My current phone doesn't not have enough support in the matter. I might be better off upgrading phones to one with external SD support for music. 

Did you see my link? It's a MP3 player that has add on storage fam.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

2 minutes ago, noahkmccoy said:

Wait for the New OnePlus or something like Nexus 6P

3 minutes ago, noahkmccoy said:

Yeah i want a simple mp3 player thats small for running or training since dont wanna carry anything and other than the shuffle(to little storage for price in AUS) there's nothing than trying some random one from china on ebay.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

I still use my old gen 2 I pod touch.
They dont really make mp3 players any more since phones took there place

To be fair the apple ones are good, little costly but work well. becarefull buying second hand as batteries wont be as good.

The Dick of the audio page!

16 hours ago, Ramamataz said:

Did you see my link? It's a MP3 player that has add on storage fam.

Yeah I might even try that one out! It's affordable enough to give it a go with no worries. Thanks! 

If you have unlimited data, you could always upload your library to google music and stream it to your device from there. Other cloud services are making use of streaming media to smartphones and such.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14