Corsair RM Series - where to buy

LinusTech

NCIX: http://ncix.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=corsair+silence

Amazon: http://geni.us/r25gh9

Corsair's RM series power supplies were built to address my biggest remaining issue with quiet/silent power supplies. Electrical noise can often be more annoying than fan noise because of how erratic it is.

So on top of building in fan control that doesn't even turn on until medium loads, Corsair also chose components that are optimized for low electrical noise

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1d8uPrP

Corsair's RM series power supplies were built to address my biggest remaining issue with quiet/silent power supplies. Electrical noise can often be more annoying than fan noise because of how erratic it is.

So on top of building in fan control that doesn't even turn on until medium loads, Corsair also chose components that are optimized for low electrical noise

How come the video is unlisted? It was uploaded ages ago

Expensive, but may very well be my next power supply. I'm excited.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

OMG I LOVE YOU LINUS THANK YOU! ORDERING ONE WHEN I GET HOME!

Video is private  :(  :mellow:

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1d8uPrP

video is private?

I'd guess it was a matter of making and uploading the video ahead of time with an NDA, so no doubt someone will fix the privacy setting soon.

Or else Slick'll just get fired again, either way.

Corsair  has a lot of different models, could anyone tell the difference, or are they just upgrades from the last one? like this AX > HX > Rm > TX > GS > CX > VS oh god I think this is a consumer nightmare...

Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.8Ghz ◆ ASUS P7P55D--E ◆ Corsair XMS3 8Gb ◆ nVidia GeForce GTX 470 ◆ 1Tb WD BLACK HDD ◆ 250Gb Seagate HDD ◆ OCZ SS2 600W ◆ WD 500Gb MyBook ◆ Corsair Vengeance 1500

new setup coming soon

MacBook Pro 2011 ◆ Intel Core i7 @ 2.2GHz ◆ Corsair 8Gb ◆ Samsung 840 120GB SSD ◆ 750Gb HDD ◆ AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Corsair  has a lot of different models, could anyone tell the difference, or are they just upgrades from the last one? like this AX > HX > Rm > TX > GS > CX > VS oh god I think this is a consumer nightmare...

VS = BAD , CX = Good for buget builds , and possibly mid-range . GS TX RM HX = Mid range - high end , really good PSU's in general . AX =  The elite enthusiast PSU's with 80+ Platinum etc.

Interested in Business and Technology

VS = BAD , CX = Good for buget builds , and possibly mid-range . GS TX RM HX = Mid range - high end , really good PSU's in general . AX =  The elite enthusiast PSU's with 80+ Platinum etc.

Thanks a lot for the direct answer, I may go for the RM.

Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.8Ghz ◆ ASUS P7P55D--E ◆ Corsair XMS3 8Gb ◆ nVidia GeForce GTX 470 ◆ 1Tb WD BLACK HDD ◆ 250Gb Seagate HDD ◆ OCZ SS2 600W ◆ WD 500Gb MyBook ◆ Corsair Vengeance 1500

new setup coming soon

MacBook Pro 2011 ◆ Intel Core i7 @ 2.2GHz ◆ Corsair 8Gb ◆ Samsung 840 120GB SSD ◆ 750Gb HDD ◆ AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Wait, what? It only has 2x6+2pin PCI-E cables? I see this on 650, 750 and 850 units.

This is a no buy from me, great PSU but I can only power 1 7870 with this unless I use molex to PCI-E adapters(WHICH LOOK UGLY AS HELL).

Why do all of the PSU manufacturers do this!?

So basically the RM series is a silence optimized version of the HX series? Was looking to upgrade from my TX650 to get modular +more wattage, and this seems like the better option than the HX 850. 

Wait, what? It only has 2x6+2pin PCI-E cables? I see this on 650, 750 and 850 units.

This is a no buy from me, great PSU but I can only power 1 7870 with this unless I use molex to PCI-E adapters(WHICH LOOK UGLY AS HELL).

Why do all of the PSU manufacturers do this!?

Look again..... It has 4 Pci-e 6+2.

Look again..... It has 4 Pci-e 6+2.

Okay, got one wrong out of the three, the 850w has 4 PCI-E.

But the 750w and even 650w has more than enough power for a dual 7870 setup and they only have two.

What gives?

Okay, got one wrong out of the three, the 850w has 4 PCI-E.

But the 750w and even 650w has more than enough power for a dual 7870 setup and they only have two.

What gives?

But if you look on the tech specs on their website it says that the 750 w version has 4 PCIe connectors:

http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/rm-series-power-supply-units/rm-series-rm750-80-plus-gold-certified-power-supply.html

Weird...it only shows two in the picture...and Newegg reports the same.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that if you look on the picture there are only 2 cables, but each cable has 2 6+2 pin connectors on it, meaning that it achieves the 4 connectors using only 2 cables.

• 2 weeks later...

hm.... would you suggest getting one of these to pair with my upcoming 4p folder? well then .. the answer is yes, and i already have mine.