is my gtx 570 bottle necking my cpu

maccatackar
Just now, Alexokan said:

Hard to say from this side of the screen.

You're running 2 monitors? What's your GPU vram usage?

how do i check that?

depends on the game

but in general EVERY CPU bottlenecks

even the i7 5960x bottlenecks a fiji xt

6 hours ago, Ronnie76 said:

to be honest that seems pretty cheap for AUD get a H170 board though to save you money

dont get that skylake

go for something with waymore cores,, even an 8core amd

trust me,, when games start using asyncronous scheduling u will thank me

the skylake has a hhigher clock cycle however it can only process lets say one instruction per cycle

the amd 8 core will do more to actually having seperate registers,, control units and arithmatic logic units

the skylake wont,,, so the older amd (if u are on a budjet) will take u waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay further, espicialy in dx12 games where everycore can now talk to the gpu insted of ONLY 1 in dx11 and before

Edited by El Diablo
because

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

dont get that skylake

go for something with waymore cores,, even an 8core amd

trust me,, when games start using asyncronous scheduling u will thank me

the skylake has a hhigher clock cycle however it can only process lets say one instruction per cycle

the amd 8 core will do more to actually having seperate registers,, control units and arithmatic logic units

the skylake wont,,, so the older amd (if u are on a budjet) will take u waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay further, espicialy in dx12 games where everycore can now talk to the gpu insted of ONLY 1 in dx11 and before

that look good to you man

new build.PNG

No ... By more cores I believe he meant a 5820k setup. That AMD CPU is going to be a much larger bottleneck than an I5.

Linus is my fetish.

Dude, your processor is not the problem. That i5 is only going to be about 10% less frames in modern titles compared to the current gen locked skylake CPU's.

You probably need a tune up and a new GPU, especially when running dual monitors. 

If you're CPU bottlenecked the only thing, that is going to improve your frames in the games you're experiencing that CPU bottleneck, is a unlocked i5/i7 clocked to ~4.5 Ghz and it won't be ground breaking. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2016 at 4:38 AM, Bhav said:

No ... By more cores I believe he meant a 5820k setup. That AMD CPU is going to be a much larger bottleneck than an I5.

really? how

On 2/29/2016 at 7:19 AM, Alexokan said:

Dude, your processor is not the problem. That i5 is only going to be about 10% less frames in modern titles compared to the current gen locked skylake CPU's.

You probably need a tune up and a new GPU, especially when running dual monitors. 

If you're CPU bottlenecked the only thing, that is going to improve your frames in the games you're experiencing that CPU bottleneck, is a unlocked i5/i7 clocked to ~4.5 Ghz and it won't be ground breaking. 

yeah but this day in age more cores is allot better than cores with more ghz

On 2/29/2016 at 2:52 AM, maccatackar said:

that look good to you man

i dont know toomuch about that cpu

try to see what else u can get for around the same price range and compare them

but allways go for more cores

if u have a choice of choosing more cores vs hyper threaded cores,, go for more cores

hyper threaded core is basicaly a full core with 2 of the most important features missing, but it can still compute data, it just cant do anything with it untill the full core is finished or has the control unit free

Replace a perfectly good i5-2400 with a current FX 8 series is IMHO, STUPID. go skylake or wait for AMD's Zen arch. 

If you want better performance in games buy a new GPU, it will run fine for most games even with your "OLD" sandy bridge i5 until you replace the platform to something that will give an upgrade in games. (like Kaby lake from intel or zen when it comes. 

lol wouldn't be surprised if this "beam.ng" is a physics tests...

7 hours ago, El Diablo said:

really? how

yeah but this day in age more cores is allot better than cores with more ghz

No no no no!

Because AMD CPUs are shit.

More shit cores is not better that fewer stronger cores.

EG on mobile devices, 8 low power A7 cores are vastly slower than 4 performance A15 cores.

AMDs performance per core is at least a decade behind Intel. You don't need more than an I5 for any game, and the only thing that would be better, marginally is an I7, not an AMD shiity 8 core.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Bhav said:

No no noisno!

Because AMD CPUs are shit.

More shit cores is not better that fewer stronger cores.

EG on mobile devices, 8 low power A7 cores are vastly slower than 4 performance A15 cores.

AMDs performance per core is at least a decade behind Intel. You don't need more than an I5 for any game, and the only thing that would be better, marginally is an I7, not an AMD shiity 8 core.

No..the latest amd excavator 28nm IS on par with the INtel skylake 14nm..benchmarks came out a few days ago

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

No..the latest amd excavator 28nm IS on par with the INtel skylake 14nm..benchmarks came out a few days ago

No benchmarks I can find on google. Link to ones you're looking at?

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

No benchmarks I can find on google. Link to ones you're looking at?

They are on www.wCcftech.cOm  ..IM on mynpgo  ..sory my pgone  ..I meen phone..IT keeps glitching when I type

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

They are on www.wCcftech.cOm  ..IM on mynpgo  ..sory my pgone  ..I meen phone..IT keeps glitching when I type

I don't see any links. 

Linus is my fetish.