What happened to good point?

IsaacDaGrazin

I think good point is more suitable rather than a thumbs up, since answers/questions may have a good point. The thumbs up doesn’t really specify what your giving a thumbs up too.

I know this isn’t that big of a deal but I'm just curious to what happened to it.

I'm sorry if this isn't the right sub-forum xp if its the wrong one, please move it :)

I agree id say bring Good point back 

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

agree and good point - kinda' the same thing

not really good point means good point xD but it does not mean you agree with the point but someone pointet out a good point okee... dis sounds retarded :D 

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

agree and good point - kinda' the same thing

:/

Good point:
Not an admission, exactly, just an acknowledgement that someone's argument has validity.
Person1: "I think your idea sucks."
Person2: "Sure, that's a good point."

agree
/əˈɡriː/
verb
verb: agree; 3rd person present: agrees; past tense: agreed; past participle: agreed; gerund or present participle: agreeing
  1. 1.
    have the same opinion about something; concur.
    "I completely agree with your recent editorial"
    synonyms: concur, be of the same mind/opinion, see eye to eye, be in sympathy, sympathize, be united, be as one man, accord; More
    "I agree with you"
    antonyms: disagree, differ
    • approve of (something) with regard to its moral correctness.
      "I don't agree with random drugs testing in schools
  2. synonyms:

consent, assent, accede; More

Probably removed since we can't really rate something cool like a sick PC set up. You can't give a rig a good point can you?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

They said agree and good point was too similar 

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

Probably removed since we can't really rate something cool like a sick PC set up. You can't give a rig a good point can you?

Yeah, that is a 'good point'....

ill let my self out now

People wanted something similar to the normal "like" button, so good point was renamed. 

IMO, "friendly" should have been the one to be renamed, as "good point" was useful if you were debating with someone and they had... well, a good point. 

Just now, IsaacDaGrazin said:

They did?

Yes so they changed it.

i saw it on a post when looking at one of the site coders or whatever the tags is. Profiles a while ago

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

People wanted something similar to the normal "like" button, so good point was renamed. 

IMO, "friendly" should have been the one to be renamed, as "good point" was useful if you were debating with someone and they had... well, a good point. 

that

Just now, AlbinoTexan said:

Yes so they changed it.

i saw it on a post when looking at one of the site coders or whatever the tags is. Profiles a while ago

lol in my opinion its a big difference idk it feels like every rep thing describes a comment and good point did too but thumbs up feels odd 

Just now, ismma99 said:

lol in my opinion its a big difference idk it feels like every rep thing describes a comment and good point did too but thumbs up feels odd 

Yeah I liked good point too 

2 minutes ago, ismma99 said:

that also

9 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

EXACTLY its a really good thing to have both an agree and a good point button, they are quite diffirent and the friendly one isnt that usefull IMO so why wasent it replaced :(

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

#bringgoodpointback

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

First people suggest we remove it, then people suggest we add it back. We just can't win...

It was removed because we felt it was too similar to agree.

Friendly has also been removed because we felt it didn't serve much of a purpose.

HTTP/2 203

44 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

First people suggest we remove it, then people suggest we add it back. We just can't win...

Friendly has also been removed because we felt it didn't serve much of a purpose.

Did you just remove friendly like an hour ago?... I swear it was there...

5 minutes ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

Did you just remove friendly like an hour ago?... I swear it was there...

Yeah

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

[...]We just can't win...

Story of our lives.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Not that I care or whatever, but are the points you got for friendly reputation votes removed or merged into something else?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

you can never win with a large amount of people. its just impossible :|

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Thank GOD friendly was removed. I hated it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)