How to test a (used) before buying it graphics card

Go to solution Solved by TidaLWaveZ,

You want good memory(VRAM type,capacity, and bit width) and a good core clock.  I'd say when choosing which GPU to buy that it's more important to look at benchmark results and see where a GPU lies in comparison with others.

After you get it

Run GPU-Z to check that it's running at all the correct specs, run some benchmarks and games to make sure it's getting a ballpark framerate/thermal reading/usage.

hey guys i was building a budget Pc and due to the prices here in Egypt a new graphics card is kinda freaking impossible to get too expensive so i decided to get a used one what should i look for when am buying it like on the hardware / and what software do i run after to check if it's working 100% fine - thanks in advance 

You want good memory(VRAM type,capacity, and bit width) and a good core clock.  I'd say when choosing which GPU to buy that it's more important to look at benchmark results and see where a GPU lies in comparison with others.

After you get it

Run GPU-Z to check that it's running at all the correct specs, run some benchmarks and games to make sure it's getting a ballpark framerate/thermal reading/usage.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

After you get it

it will most likely be GTX 760 the 4 gb windforce edition as it's at less than half it's original price used. thanks mate