Swiftech H220 Review by TTL.

That was a pretty biased review yeah. Also he seems to be a lot more flexible and allowing when reviewing Corsair stuff. Like he was totally blown away by the SP2500' date=' while it's obviously not a high end product. That's the case with most popular reviewers though.. Corsair, Asus etc, the popular list. I'm not saying they make bad stuff, but usually (especially the higher end stuff) is very overpriced. I get the feeling TTL doesn't really know what he's talking about. He looked at the rad a bit, ran some tests, told some stuff he personally didn't like (which is not good when doing a review, it should be objective) said it will probably be too expensive (disregarding the fact that this AIO is a lot different than your average AIO and that the prices hasn't been confirmed yet) and gave it a meh silver. The review by martinsliquidlab is MUCH better. Objective, completely in depth and with respect to the fact that this is not your average AIO, and that it should not be reviewed in such a way.[/quote']

But the SP2500s are amazing. Linus even recommended them to Slick when he was looking for new monitors and speaker. Slick did a ton of research and even he bought them. They are one of the best speakers out there. Also, I think his point with the hose length is that this AIO cooler is marketed towards people who have never done a custom water cooling loop but may want to in the future. I can see his point in that if you were buying this product, you dont want to do any of the work to shorten the hoses.

That was a pretty biased review yeah. Also he seems to be a lot more flexible and allowing when reviewing Corsair stuff. Like he was totally blown away by the SP2500' date=' while it's obviously not a high end product. That's the case with most popular reviewers though.. Corsair, Asus etc, the popular list. I'm not saying they make bad stuff, but usually (especially the higher end stuff) is very overpriced. I get the feeling TTL doesn't really know what he's talking about. He looked at the rad a bit, ran some tests, told some stuff he personally didn't like (which is not good when doing a review, it should be objective) said it will probably be too expensive (disregarding the fact that this AIO is a lot different than your average AIO and that the prices hasn't been confirmed yet) and gave it a meh silver. The review by martinsliquidlab is MUCH better. Objective, completely in depth and with respect to the fact that this is not your average AIO, and that it should not be reviewed in such a way.[/quote']

Except for the fact that Tom isn't a sound enthusiast and he is a water cooling enthusiast. Like, you should trust him with water cooling tests, not acoustics. While he still maybe biased towards Corsair the numbers don't lie, and for him it didn't perform that well in his particular test. It was performing worse and costing more. Hell I'm surprised it even eeked a Silver Award from those tests. Regardless of this the unit is cheaper than he thought he ended up giving it a gold award because of this.

I would also like to note that Tom saw this unit as an AiO and reviewed it as such. He didn't see the point in reviewing it as a "noobs starter to water cooling" because it would be better to just get your own parts instead of buying the H220 if you really going to hook it up to other stuff.

Except for the fact that Tom isn't a sound enthusiast and he is a water cooling enthusiast. Like, you should trust him with water cooling tests, not acoustics. While he still maybe biased towards Corsair the numbers don't lie, and for him it didn't perform that well in his particular test. It was performing worse and costing more. Hell I'm surprised it even eeked a Silver Award from those tests. Regardless of this the unit is cheaper than he thought he ended up giving it a gold award because of this.

I would also like to note that Tom saw this unit as an AiO and reviewed it as such. He didn't see the point in reviewing it as a "noobs starter to water cooling" because it would be better to just get your own parts instead of buying the H220 if you really going to hook it up to other stuff.

I've just got one question really repeated a few times.

Why as a water cooling enthusiast did he decide to review it as an AIO?

Why as a water cooling enthusiast did he make the statement that it uses the DDC pump? - It "perhaps" shares the same housing as a DDC but the stator assembly is different and encased in resin, the rotator ferrite is entirely different and the ceramic shaft/washer arrangement is nothing like the DDC so with an "engineering" background I can conclusively say it's nothing like a DDC.

Why would an AIO unit have 3 individual features that no other AIO have? - Refill port/removable hoses/massively over rated pump.

Why would it be better to get your own parts than buy a H220? - See if you can price up an equivalent system for less than the cost of the H220?

​normally i like a good TTL review because he takes multiple angles, discusses mods an things like that, with this he culd have done more, he could have thrown another rad and water block in the loop or something, normally i can agree with him on most products but this just seems off. everything about the pump and water block is of massive quality and he is basically saying its no good for it having a swiftech rad and tubing that is slightly too long.. the star of the show here is the pump/water block and swiftech rads arent exactly known for being the best. i wish they would sell the pump/water block without the rad because its clearly better than the apogee drive ii

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I've never liked TTL(this is just personal, I go somewhere else for reviews) so I really have no comment on it. He just doesn't seem, reliable, to me. I don't know if it's the camera work, the way he presents his videos, or what but I just don't have a good vibe when watching his content.

From what I hear, the H220 is an amazing "closed" looped CPU cooler, so I'd much rather wait for Linus to review it(as it should come soon after his unboxing) and see what he has to say about it, especially with Noctuas on it!

on every video i see everyone saying its crap because of what TTL said, are they so thick headed? its one guy and there are many reviews, its a similar radiator so its going to perform around the same as a 240mm AIO, as soon as you add another rad and a gpu water block youll see were this is better. you pay about $20-$30 more but you get a far better pump and an easy beginning to a custom loop. XSPC has the 750 RS240 ehich costs the same, performs the same, is a bit louder and requires 2 optical bays. the h220 makes it so much easier, you can have it installed in less time than an AIO

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

The only thing I don't like about the H220 is the tubing placement on the pump. I would personally use it for just my CPU and put some Noctuas on it, but I would prefer to have the tubing all be on one side, I can see it being easier to be used as an expansion for my cooling options by having one tubing on each side, but if I just wanted to use it for just my CPU then it wouldn't look so right in my case and if I wanted to add another component then I would just do a full custom water cooling setup and not bother with the H220.

Unsubscribed.
You both guys just opened my eyes. I totally missed the corsair sponsor at the start, it feels bad. :/

But for the 'silver award', I remember it was based on the price. If the unit was cheaper, Tom would have gave it a gold award.

Except that you are missing the fact he thought it would cost more, and thus he didn't see the point in turning it from an AiO into a custom loop, as with the price he had thought it was it wouldn't be worth it. Had he known the exact price at the time of the video he would have had an entirely different way of looking at it.

So let me get this straight what you're saying, as I understand it is......

He would have changed his view of the functionality/aesthetics/performance and relevance of the product based upon it's price??

It doesn't do the job any better or come with shorter hoses due to a price point.........or have I missed something?

Of course you have missed something. Put it into simple terms, it IS a decent water cooling starter kit for 100 quid, it ISN'T a decent water cooling starter kit for 130 quid. How isn't that easy to understand? I just pulled those number out of my ass, I'm not sure what the price he thought it would be was, or the price it is, but for the price he thought it was he didn't think it was worth it (it would be more worth while to build a custom loop with our own parts for only a few pounds more). However, since it was cheaper, it actually isn't a bad option to a starter water cooling kit. I really don't see how you are missing that point at all.

yeah i agree tom clearly said if it was cheaper it would be better, since it is cheaper he gave it a gold. at the price he thought it was is wasn't a viable option to make into a custom loop because for the price he thought it was you could do better with custom parts. it ended up being cheaper so he gave it a different reward.

Tom CORSAIR Logan. Go to the oc3d forums and read his review on the Swiftech H220, and then compare it to reliable websites like techoftomorrow and the upcoming performance review Linus is doing. You can even see the Corsair sponshorship in his channel... Corsair obviously paid him to write a false review and make false performance tables, when in actuality the H220 is a heck of a lot better than the H100/H110/H100i....

Tom CORSAIR Logan. Go to the oc3d forums and read his review on the Swiftech H220' date=' and then compare it to reliable websites like techoftomorrow and the upcoming performance review Linus is doing. You can even see the Corsair sponshorship in his channel... Corsair obviously paid him to write a false review and make false performance tables, when in actuality the H220 is a heck of a lot better than the H100/H110/H100i....[/quote']

I would seriously be careful with what you say. To state that Tom, or any serious YouTube reviewer out there, took a payment to falsify numbers is way over board. I don't think he would do such a thing, any more then I would think Linus would. Their whole channel and income depend on being impartial when required, regardless of who sponsors them for things.

Yes, we all know he is sponsored by Corsair. Not withstanding that, he has done reviews for numerous other products and manufacturers. He has given praise and pointed out faults where needed. Many people may have an issue with his testing methods and feel the H220 may no have been giving a chance to shine. Maybe nit picked a litlle about things, but to say he is taking payments to put out false data and numbers is frankly absurd in my opinion.

If you actually read a lot of the reviews, the H220 doesn't blow any body away in stock mode. At best, it is a degree or two better. In Tom's tests it was a degree ot two worse.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Tom CORSAIR Logan. Go to the oc3d forums and read his review on the Swiftech H220' date=' and then compare it to reliable websites like techoftomorrow and the upcoming performance review Linus is doing. You can even see the Corsair sponshorship in his channel... Corsair obviously paid him to write a false review and make false performance tables, when in actuality the H220 is a heck of a lot better than the H100/H110/H100i....[/quote']

If you had paid any attention to this issue then you would know that Gabe Gruchon actually validated Tom's results.

*Rouchon
Whatever :P I can never remember it quite right

*Rouchon
That'd be why :P

He did state that it would be better to put a custom loop together "for a few quid more" but he didn't offer what that alternative was or could be. And if you had read the Martins Liquid Labs review i linked to earlier you would notice that this system beats a "custom loop" being the XSPC RASA 750 RS 240 which costs more here in the UK by a "few more quid"

Tom offered you no alternatives, just told you that a "custom loop" would perform better, which in testing as is proven isn't always the case and the RASA is XSPC's number 2 block behind the raystorm.

How can you claim it IS a decent water cooling starter kit when his closing shot was "Buy this, No don't think you should"

If you're happy to swallow without question whatever information is being fed to you then that's fine guys, I on the other hand will continue to question why a conclusion is drawn, what was and sometimes more importantly wasn't said and if the testing methodology stands up to scrutiny before spending money on any piece of kit.

Cheers

Lee

I'd pay to add a downvote/dislike option to this forum, just to downvote this comment,

Tom CORSAIR Logan. Go to the oc3d forums and read his review on the Swiftech H220' date=' and then compare it to reliable websites like techoftomorrow and the upcoming performance review Linus is doing. You can even see the Corsair sponshorship in his channel... Corsair obviously paid him to write a false review and make false performance tables, when in actuality the H220 is a heck of a lot better than the H100/H110/H100i....[/quote'] I'd pay to add a downvote/dislike option to this forum, just to downvote this comment,

i hate down votes, if you have ever been down voted into oblivion for a dyslexic mistake you would understand. probably the main reason why i am here now instead of one toms hardware were i have been offering advice and helping for years

H100i pull nf-f12 x2 71C

H220 pull stock fans 82.1C (pump 100%)

H220 pull nf-f12 x2 61.3C (pump 100%)

H220 pull nf-f12 x2 61.9C (controlled pump)

Noctua fans realy make difference...

Swiftech H220 Liquid Cooler Review Linus Tech Tips

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

H100i pull nf-f12 x2 71C

H220 pull stock fans 82.1C (pump 100%)

H220 pull nf-f12 x2 61.3C (pump 100%)

H220 pull nf-f12 x2 61.9C (controlled pump)

Noctua fans realy make difference...

Swiftech H220 Liquid Cooler Review Linus Tech Tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVNuN0UcYUQ

The thing I've noticed most from the results, and those of the earlier H100 vs H100i is that Corsair got the fan selection right and Swiftech got it badly wrong.

If you look at the gain between the NF-F12 and the stock H100i fans then you get a temp differential of 3 degrees. 64 Stock vs 61 NF-F12.

As opposed to the 20 degree difference you get with the swiftech switching from stock to NF-F12's.

So if anything has come out of this it's that the water cooling unit itself is a very very capable unit, but the fans are really letting it down. I'm hopeful that Gabe and his team have taken this on board and perhaps take a look at the fan selection for the unit.