Why is everything in GTA V so expensive?

LokiFire

And mission pay out really low? i mean there are buildings i can buy for 20 million yet i get paid 7k for a mission... LOL?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Hey,

Well welcome to the real world where stuff costs lots of money.

Good Luck,

Sam 

PC SPECIFICATIONS BELOW

APOLLO_ - Ryzen 2700x | Asus Crosshair VI | No RAM atm | ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 | Corsair H115i | Aercool P7 750w | Corsair NX500 400GB + Seagate Firecuda 2TB | 

ALPINE PASS - Just a Dell 7447

3 minutes ago, LokiFire said:

And mission pay out really low? i mean there are buildings i can buy for 20 million yet i get paid 7k for a mission... LOL?

People have 2 opinions:

1. Rockstar Games wants people to work hard/spend a lot of time playing the game to earn money.

2. Rockstar are money wh**es and just want people to buy Shark Cards.

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

2 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

Sounds like real life, no?

1 minute ago, Sammy_Boy said:

Hey,

Well welcome to the real world where stuff costs lots of money.

It's a fucking game.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

1 minute ago, LokiFire said:

It's a fucking game.

It's Just A Prank M8

Good Luck,

Sam 

PC SPECIFICATIONS BELOW

APOLLO_ - Ryzen 2700x | Asus Crosshair VI | No RAM atm | ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 | Corsair H115i | Aercool P7 750w | Corsair NX500 400GB + Seagate Firecuda 2TB | 

ALPINE PASS - Just a Dell 7447

7 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

2. Rockstar are money wh**es and just want people to buy Shark Cards.

Then they better fix hacking :)

Dude, once you unlock heists and play through all of them, you'll have a ton of money. ONe thing to do is once you unlock all ehiests is to keep repeating the last one over and over again as it gives you a crap ton of money. ($550 million)

18 minutes ago, LokiFire said:

Once you do heists you get way more money

and they are goals for people, if everything was cheap, everyone would play for 2 days and get bored, it gives people a long term goal and something to work towards as an objective (since there is no objective in multiplayer really)

(also it makes people by shark cards who cba)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1. Silly boy, you don't farm missions for money... You farm heists for money
  2. Things have to cost more and more because hardcores grind heists nonstop raking in tens of millions
  3. Hackers also destroyed the economy

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Play the heists.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

1. Farm Heist.

2. Wait for people to drop 20 millions.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

6 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

1. Farm Heist.

2. Wait for people to drop 20 millions.

Se7ensins

inb4mybanfromrockstar

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Err, GTA V's missions are made to look as real as possible as in our life, I mean you can't run family errand and expect to get paid for it

However there are 2 things called Heist and Assassination Missions/ Stock Market Trading, do it correctly and you will get at least $1.5 billion on each character, shocking no?

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

The people saying farm heist either are on a lan or find some mystical sweet spot for matchmaking connection. Even when I had gotten 3 friends together to play heists, online screwed us and issues kept happening mid-heist. It got beyond annoying. I don't even bother looking for randos anymore to queue with.

GTA V had the chance to be the next GTA4, a game still highly played (and purchased) years after it's release. But I attempt to get online now and again and it's still shit. Story and gameplay = 10/10, Online -3/10. 

The most annoying thing is the money system. Work my ass off and can't afford shit! Even ammo is expensive (i need meh stickies!). I migrated my character from 360 to PC. I never cheated or anything and naturally raked up millions on 360 when missions gave you $$$. Then R* had to clean house and remove money from people they suspected cheated. I was left with 500K and had to sell my fancy cars to afford my bills :'(

TL;DR: GTAV online sucks donkey dick and the money system is just one of the problems with it. 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

4 hours ago, GeekJump said:

The people saying farm heist either are on a lan or find some mystical sweet spot for matchmaking connection. Even when I had gotten 3 friends together to play heists, online screwed us and issues kept happening mid-heist. It got beyond annoying. I don't even bother looking for randos anymore to queue with.

GTA V had the chance to be the next GTA4, a game still highly played (and purchased) years after it's release. But I attempt to get online now and again and it's still shit. Story and gameplay = 10/10, Online -3/10. 

The most annoying thing is the money system. Work my ass off and can't afford shit! Even ammo is expensive (i need meh stickies!). I migrated my character from 360 to PC. I never cheated or anything and naturally raked up millions on 360 when missions gave you $$$. Then R* had to clean house and remove money from people they suspected cheated. I was left with 500K and had to sell my fancy cars to afford my bills :'(

Yep, agree with you....The online is even more terrible on ps3 (frame drops, random disconnects, rendering lag)...

The heists don't even pay that much and is not worth the trouble to go through

-Everyone especially excluding the host should get 100k+ as the default money for the heists except fleeca...Considering how crapped out the pay is for the amount of trouble you go through

-The pacific standard bank should hold 3 million not fricking one<<Seriously you call that a real bank just holding one million?  There we could all get a fair share of the money and its very reasonable for that price due to the high chance of failure of the pacific standard heist

Also I see some stuff being overpriced in gta online

Don't play with randoms, they all suck nuff said

OT but how the heck do you transfer your xbox 360 saves to your pc saves?  Can this be done with the ps3?

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

I think its just to encourage shark card purchases, why else would you charge $5000 for a T-Shirt while nerfing all other ways for people to make money, sure heists still pay out well but good luck trying to get one of those going, lets face the vast majority of grinding that gets done is solo. 

11 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

I think its just to encourage shark card purchases, why else would you charge $5000 for a T-Shirt while nerfing all other ways for people to make money, sure heists still pay out well but good luck trying to get one of those going, lets face the vast majority of grinding that gets done is solo. 

^

Heists almost always goes to shit unless you're not with 3 of your friends and can cooperate via voice chat.

15 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Also I see some stuff being overpriced in gta online

Don't play with randoms, they all suck nuff said

OT but how the heck do you transfer your xbox 360 saves to your pc saves?  Can this be done with the ps3?

Overpriced especially when every update comes with fancy new cars. "Oh you just spent $2.5 mil on that supped up car? Well, we just released something even better!" - R*. Then you try and sell it only to get a fraction back (realistic but still lol)

And yes you can transfer GTA Online characters over to PC (not single play story saves tho) from any consoles. The only issue it's a one way trip and you can't send PC to consoles (Idk if they changed the rules since launch). 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

On 25. 2. 2016 at 9:43 AM, LokiFire said:

I dont care, i get my money from modders

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)