Razer Abyssus - Alternatives or Rivals

Claw/fingertip grip here.

What's a good 5-7 button alternative for the Abyssus with a comparable or better sensor? Most importantly, it's gotta be roughly the same size/shape. Not really looking for anything above $60, tho.

P.S. I've used the Zowie AM for around two years, but after 1.5 years, the left click would sometimes bug out and register 3-4 clicks at once. Half a year after that, the middle click did the same thing. Just switched back to the Abyssus as a temp backup.

11 minutes ago, NationsAnarchy said:

Logitech G303 ? It might be more expensive than 60 bucks though

What about the G302 instead?

2 minutes ago, S1lent_5am said:

Logitech G502

Way more than I'm willing to pay...way more buttons than I need and the shape isn't close to Abyssus at all.

8 minutes ago, genghisquan said:

What about the G302 instead?

G302 is still a good one anyway, it's just the G303 has a stronger sensor, the best one on the market even (It's the PMW-3366 comparing to the G302's AM010). Plus I've heard that the old batch of G303s suffered a lot from build quality issues like sensor rattling.  

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, NationsAnarchy said:

G302 is still a good one anyway, it's just the G303 has a stronger sensor, the best one on the market even (It's the PMW-3366 comparing to the G302's AM010). Plus I've heard that the old batch of G303s suffered a lot from build quality issues like sensor rattling.  

Speaking of build quality, my Abyssus had to be RMA'd twice due to some mousewheel screeching/grinding issues. Third time was a charm! Ha.

2 minutes ago, S1lent_5am said:

RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G , SteelSeries Rival 100

Yep, had my eye on the Rival 100. How do I know which version of the Deathadder it is? Is the 3.5G the one with blue LED? I don't wanna spend more money on the RGB one at all either.

EVGA TORQ X5 is a pretty decent choice and the size is comparable to Abyssus'. If you don't mind the glossy finish, it's a great mouse.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

8 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

EVGA TORQ X5 is a pretty decent choice and the size is comparable to Abyssus'. If you don't mind the glossy finish, it's a great mouse.

Wow, the X5 sounds good. What about the X3?

Just now, genghisquan said:

Wow, the X5 sounds good. What about the X3?

The X3 has an inferior sensor compared to Abyssus', but it's still a very good choice if you can get it for cheap ($23 on Amazon). Get the X5 if it doesn't exceed your budget since it has one of the best sensors on the market (S3988).

Just now, Pandalf said:

The X3 has an inferior sensor compared to Abyssus', but it's still a very good choice if you can get it for cheap ($23 on Amazon). Get the X5 if it doesn't exceed your budget since it has one of the best sensors on the market (S3988).

OK. Can the lights of the X5 be turned off completely? I hate having lights on my peripherals; the subtle blue light on the Abyssus becomes bright as hell once I turn off all the lights to sleep.

2 minutes ago, genghisquan said:

OK. Can the lights of the X5 be turned off completely? I hate having lights on my peripherals; the subtle blue light on the Abyssus becomes bright as hell once I turn off all the lights to sleep.

You can disable them and you can also make them dimmer.

evga_torq_x5_mouse_09.png

16 hours ago, genghisquan said:

Yep, had my eye on the Rival 100. How do I know which version of the Deathadder it is? Is the 3.5G the one with blue LED? I don't wanna spend more money on the RGB one at all either.

it's the non rgb version.  Found it on newegg Deathadder 3.5G but you maybe able to find it else were for cheaper but the most I've seen it was 45.