[AUS/NZ] Retailer Dick Smith Electronics to close

Spoiler

Electronics retailer Dick Smith will close its 363 Australian and New Zealand stores within eight weeks, putting 2,890 staff out of a job.

Receiver Ferrier Hodgson says it has not managed to find a buyer for the troubled retailer, which went into receivership in January with debts of about $400 million.

"While we received a significant number of expressions of interest from local and overseas parties, unfortunately the sale process has not resulted in any acceptable offers for the group as a whole or for Australia or New Zealand as standalone businesses," receiver James Stewart said.

"The offers were either significantly below liquidation values or highly conditional or both."

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/02/25/dick-smith-close-its-doors-good

Spoiler

yEapZrv.png

Unfortunatley down she goes guys :(

About time.
I got bored of walking in and pretending to be an idiot to see how badly they screw over actual tech illiterates years ago.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

They charged a lot for like cat 6 5m $40 when you can easily get them for like $7, they didn't sell anything which interested me or they sold things I could get cheaper and there is meant to be a sale tomorrow.