DSLR with Capture Card for Streaming?

I have made a few posts about this and I don't think I was well understood. In the previous posts I have asked about using a DSLR for recording video, taking photos, and streaming talk shows to twitch. Everyone kept saying things like:

• DSLR's have a 30 minute record limit.
  • DSLR's suck for streaming!
  • You should just get a webcam!

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken but I can't find a webcam that can even stream at 1080p60fps which is the base requirement I want. To get to the point:

Will a Nikon D3200 hooked up to a Avermedia Live Gamer Portable be able to stream a basic talk show using a Razer Syren Pro mic from my beefy i7-5820K/GTX 770/ 32 GBs of DDR4 ram with nearly a 100Mb up and down speed?

If not I really want to know what the hell the WAN show is shot with.

Well first of all, why do you think you need 1080p 60?  1080p 24, 25 and 30fps are more than enough for 99.99% of all situations.

Yes, most HDSLRs have a 30min recording limit, but there is no time limit for the HDMI output.  There is however a limit that will automatically turn off Live View after a while, and if the sensor overheats.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just now, ALwin said:

Well first of all, why do you think you need 1080p 60?  1080p 24, 25 and 30fps are more than enough for 99.99% of all situations.

Yes, most HDSLRs have a 30min recording limit, but there is no time limit for the HDMI output.  There is however a limit that will automatically turn off Live View after a while, and if the sensor overheats.

Is there anything I can do about the Live View or the Sensor? Other than keep the room frosty cold?

3 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

Is there anything I can do about the Live View or the Sensor? Other than keep the room frosty cold?

Yeah, keep pressing some buttons on the camera every X number of minutes, you can't keep Live view turned on a Nikon DSLR indefinitely without the camera going to "sleep" after a while to save power (though there might be a setting in the menu to disable it).  Live view drains battery faster too.

So go get a webcam.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

There is a reason everyone keeps telling you to get a webcam in this situation, there are many infact

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

8 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Yeah, keep pressing some buttons on the camera every X number of minutes, you can't keep Live view turned on a Nikon DSLR indefinitely without the camera going to "sleep" after a while to save power (though there might be a setting in the menu to disable it).  Live view drains battery faster too.

So go get a webcam.

I have a camera man though. At this point I am more worried if the battery will last for an hour

Is it possible to charge it with a usb cord? Or do I need to switchout the battery each time?

2 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

I have a camera man though. At this point I am more worried if the battery will last for an hour

Is it possible to charge it with a usb cord? Or do I need to switchout the battery each time?

Battery grip and a spare battery.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

20 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

If not I really want to know what the hell the WAN show is shot with.

Blackmagic Cinema Camera 

"I have always wanted to know as much as possible about the world." ~Linus Pauling

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

Battery grip and a spare battery.

Thanks, that really helps. Any tips for keeping the sensor from overheating?

By the way, I think LMG's WAN show is filmed with their Sony FS700 video camera.

9 minutes ago, ALwin said:

By the way, I think LMG's WAN show is filmed with their Sony FS700 video camera.

Not a dSLR though, and the sensor design will be different as it's made to be on all the time whereas dSLRs are primarily designed for stills.

18 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Not a dSLR though, and the sensor design will be different as it's made to be on all the time whereas dSLRs are primarily designed for stills.

SO as far as overheating goes I've heard the Nikon D7000 fixed all those problems. Thoughts?

Just now, Johnmakuta said:

SO as far as overheating goes I've heard the Nikon D7000 fixed all those problems. Thoughts?

Not a Nikon user so not sure :P I've got my 60D waiting to be used as a streaming cam too, but I haven't got around to setting it up yet.

31 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Not a Nikon user so not sure :P I've got my 60D waiting to be used as a streaming cam too, but I haven't got around to setting it up yet.

Tell me when you do so I know how it fairs