Computer science presentation

UnlimitedTMD

As always I make my homework on time, like always. So... I have to give a small 5 minute presentation tomorrow about computer science stuff.

But I`m kinda out of interesting and  intruiging subjects (that I haven`t done before). That aren`t too complicated for relatively no-techie people...

Hit me up :)

to game or not to game, that`s the question

2 minutes ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

As always I make my homework on time, like always. So... I have to give a small 5 minute presentation tomorrow about computer science stuff.

But I`m kinda out of interesting and  intruiging subjects (that I haven`t done before). That aren`t too complicated for relatively no-techie people...

Hit me up :)

The fall of AMD

Why not explain how cpus are made , or what are the different components of computers ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Homework on time, weeeeee! Bio-Informatic!

I sadly didn`t choose Biology, so it`s hard for me to understand some stuff, as for the other students...

Would be interesting tho

I guess the different parts of PCs and what they do is a fairly basic topic that can be made into a 5 minute presentation

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Just now, Supercian411 said:

how they make cpus?

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

Why not explain how cpus are made , or what are the different components of computers ?

I would love to explain how, but I`ve seen whole documentries but still don`t understand most stuff and it would be too complex for most `normal` students I think....

But if ya`ll don`t think so, I`ll go with it

Just now, UnlimitedTMD said:

I would love to explain how, but I`ve seen whole documentries but still don`t understand most stuff and it would be too complex for most `normal` students I think....

But if ya`ll don`t think so, I`ll go with it

i personnally like this video a lot

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Don't do a presentation nobody but you and the teacher cares about, do something interesting that people your age will want to know more about. Maybe how Apple changed the smartphone industry or something along those lines that your audience can somewhat relate to.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

Just now, ToniBamboni said:

Don't do a presentation nobody but you and the teacher cares about, do something interesting that people your age will want to know more about. Maybe how Apple changed the smartphone industry or something along those lines that your audience can somewhat relate to.

But I`m afraid it would become too complex, even for my teacher, which is a dick btw, he doesn`t care or do anything. So I`ll need to be generally normal to get a good grade xD

But it has become `all the different parts of a PC and their function` (not too difficult for non`techies)

instead make it 1 hour long and about how to plug in a usb lead

1 hour ago, Supercian411 said:

instead make it 1 hour long and about how to plug in a usb lead

You're missing my point. Just because OP loves Comp Sci and technology doesn't mean he should make his classmates suffer through a presentation over topics they have no knowledge of. You're acting like you look down on non tech-savvy people simply because they have different interests. I'm saying OP needs to select a relatable topic that can engage his classmates and make a good presentation.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

You're missing my point. Just because OP loves Comp Sci and technology doesn't mean he should make his classmates suffer through a presentation over topics they have no knowledge of. You're acting like you look down on non tech-savvy people simply because they have different interests. I'm saying OP needs to select a relatable topic that can engage his classmates and make a good presentation.

no because they don't care about learning something new

Just now, Supercian411 said:

no because they don't care about learning something new

No because nobody gives a shit about binary or how a CPU is made, people just want tech to work. OP can still make a good pres and teach his classmates something new.

No because nobody gives a shit about binary or how a CPU is made, people just want tech to work. OP can still make a good pres and teach his classmates something new.

true

RAID or the diffrences in HDDs, SSDs, and thumb drives?  

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

I typically don't think about general technology when I think of computer science...

What I think about is programming and the math behind computers.

Personally, I'd talk about neural networks and HPC, maybe in the context of self-driving cars to make it interesting to most people rather than confusing...

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

How about something that will directly affect average end user experience such as SSDs vs HDDs. Explain the tech behind both and go into a little detail as to why SSDs are faster (perhaps using seek time for your example).

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…