AMD Offering Free Games to Owners Of Select AMD Products Including CPUs, APUs and GPUs

Mr_Troll

AMD Offering Free Games to Owners Of Select AMD Products Including CPUs, APUs and GPUs

If your PC is powered by an AMD branded processor or graphics card, you may be in luck. The American semiconductor company is running a game promotion that allows players to pick one game of their choice for free if they own a notebook or a desktop PC powered by AMD hardware that is listed among the computer processors or GPUs that are eligible for the promotion.

AMD Free Game Promotion

You May be Eligible for a Free Game If You Own AMD Powered Laptop or Desktop PC

With its AMD4U free games promotion, one of the leading computer processors and graphics cards manufacturer is once again offering players one game of their choice free of cost if their desktop PCs or laptops are powered by select AMD products including central processing units, accelerated processing units, graphics processing units and separate graphics cards for desktop PCs. The list contains AMD APUs and CPUs, including A10, A8 and A6-series APUs, a number of high-end graphics cards, and AMD FX APUs and CPUs that can be found in a number of notebooks as well as desktop PCs.

Depending on the processor or GPU, players will be able to pick up one game from the given choices. Dirty Rally, Guacamelee and LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham are some of the games that are included in the promotion. Those who are running high-end AMD Radeon Rx 200 and Rx 300 series graphics cards will have Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, Far Cry 3 and Saints Row 4 on the list among other games to choose from.

To see if you can bag a free game, visit AMD’s dedicated game promotion website, download and run AMD Product Verification Tool, and follow the instructions to see if your hardware can is eligible. Below is the complete list of all the AMD products that are eligible for this promotion (via ThePGM). The promotion reportedly runs from February 15th to December 31, 2016. Note that only branded notebooks and desktop PCs bought from participating OEM vendors and system builders that have been listed below the eligible products will be eligible for the offer

AMD Free Games Eligible products

AMD Free Games Vendors

According to reports, some users have complained about facing problems while trying to redeem their free game. AMD has acknowledged the issue and has already set up a support team that can be contacted for assistance.After validation, AMD will send out a link to portal page via e-mail, though players can simply return to the Home page of the website and redeem their game key.

Meh games . No thanks.

Source: https://www.amd4u.com/amdgamepromo/

http://wccftech.com/free-games-specific-amd-gpu-cpus/

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Pretty sure it only works for prebuilt systems from the listed manufacturers.

A10 6790k here :(

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

2 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

Wow I feel Guacamelee is the only game worth it lol. Even for free. 

far cry blood dragon, saints row 4, and dirt rally are pretty good too 

2 minutes ago, Essemm said:

Pretty sure it only works for prebuilt systems from the listed manufacturers.

Wait what????

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I could have gotten dirt rally from newegg when I bought my 390x if the DAMN THING WASNT OUT OF STOCK ONCE I ADDED IT TO THE CART

Had to buy from amazon instead >:( 

Just now, Technicolors said:

far cry blood dragon, saints row 4, and dirt rally are pretty good too 

But also really cheap games

Got me a game :)

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Does this also apply for non-reference gpu's? For a Sapphire R9 280x for example?

Edited by Rushfriend
Made the text easier to understand :)

"The Rusher" - Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro WiFi AC CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Nepton 240m RAM: Gskill TridentX 16gb 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1060 6GB OC Edition Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb // WD Blue 1tb PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 650w Case: Coolermaster CM 690 III Window + NZXT Blue LED's

Just now, DaltonM said:

But also really cheap games

yeah they could have added ac syndicate or rise of the tomb raider on there. at least for the higher tier options 

Does it not work for non-reference gpus? Doesnt recognize my Gigabyte 380 .-.

I tried to get Far Cry 3, but apparently XFX isn't an approved manufacturer...

TO CLARIFY. ONLY PREBUILT OR LAPTOPS. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

that feeling when i have all the games on my tier and will most definitely never play them

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

It's only for prebuilt systems. My 280x wasn't recognized, but I managed to verify my laptop and get a free game.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

How long will this go for? I'll be picking up a 290x here soon

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Dirt Rally fuck yes! I've wanted to try it but I always ditch racing games super fast, so I didn't want to invest in it.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Good thing my new motherboard for my Alienware M15x comes today, I have a M290X. :D

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Most of these games, if not all, are already available in the Gaming Evolved points system. But that's a lottery rather than a straight giveaway.

I wish they'd just add more codes to the Gaming Evolved points system.