Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC gets File Size & Requirements – Ideal Specs: 16GB RAM + 980Ti/R9 390X + win 10

Mr_Troll

Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC Gets Screenshots, File Size & Requirements – Ideal Specs: 16GB RAM + 980Ti/R9 390X

gow_ultimate_pc_6

Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC has been sneakily listed on Windows Store. You can’t search for it currently, but somehow Twitter user @M578Fury managed to catch the page, which features nine Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC screenshots. We have grabbed them for your viewing pleasure; they’re not rendered at 4K resolution, but they still give a pretty good idea of what we can expect.

There’s a lot more on the store page, though, such as the file size – a whopping 52.76GB, which will occupy a fair portion of any hard drive.

Of course, possibly the most important information is the one detailing the requirements for Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC. Interestingly, Microsoft has added another type of specs to the usual minimum and recommended: ideal specs. You’ll need Windows 10 and specifically the 1511 build to play the game, too, though that was expected since the game has been remade for DirectX 12.

MINIMUM SPECS: OS 64 bit Windows 10 (v. 1511), Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.7Ghz / AMD FX 6-core, Memory: 8 GB RAM (2 GB VRAM), GPU: AMD R7 260x / NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti, HD Space: 60GB, DirectX12

RECOMMENDED SPECS: OS 64 bit Windows 10 (v. 1511), Processor: Intel Core i5 @3.5GHz+ / AMD FX 8-core, Memory: 16 GB RAM (4 GB VRAM), GPU: AMD R9 290X / NVIDIA GTX 970, HD Space: 60GB, DirectX12

IDEAL SPECS: OS 64 bit Windows 10 (v. 1511), Processor: Intel Core i7 @4GHz+ / AMD FX 8-core, Memory: 16 GB RAM (6 GB VRAM), GPU: AMD R9 390X / NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti, HD Space: 60GB, DirectX12

According to MS 390x on par with the 980ti. WTF.LOL

Source:http://wccftech.com/gears-war-ultimate-edition-pc-screenshots-file-size-requirements-ideal-specs-16gb-ram-980tir9-390x/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/games/gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-for-windows-10/9nblggh3shm5

•  
  •  

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Ideal, AMD FX 8-Core. Hm, ye only if its "Zen". And seriously, Intel Core I7 Ghz+. XD, they should at least recommend a model family!

Groomlake Authority

4 minutes ago, Mr_Troll said:

Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC Gets Screenshots, File Size & Requirements – Ideal Specs: 16GB RAM + 980Ti/R9 390X

gow_ultimate_pc_6

According to MS 390x on par with the 980ti. WTF.LOL

Source:http://wccftech.com/gears-war-ultimate-edition-pc-screenshots-file-size-requirements-ideal-specs-16gb-ram-980tir9-390x/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/games/gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-for-windows-10/9nblggh3shm5

•  
  •  

a 390X is on par with a 980ti with DX 12 as far as I am aware of. 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.7Ghz or AMD FX 6-core

Memory: 8 GB RAM (2 GB VRAM)

Graphics: Geforce GTX 650 Ti or Radeon R7 260x

Hard Drive: 60 GB available space

DirectX 12

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR 1080P

Processor: Intel Core i5 @3.5GHz+ or AMD FX 8-core

Memory: 16 GB RAM (4 GB VRAM)

Graphics: GeForce GTX 970 or Radeon R9 290X

Hard Drive: 60 GB available space

DirectX 12

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR 4K

Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 4Ghz or AMD FX 8-core

Memory: 16 GB RAM (6+ GB VRAM)

Graphics: Geforce GTX 980 Ti or Radeon R9 390X

Hard Drive: SSD + 60 GB available space

DirectX 12

16GB of RAM for 1080p and 4K? That must be wrong. I know sometimes developers exaggerate but this is either that or a bad port. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

1 minute ago, Accursed Entity said:

-snip-

Watch Gears of Dog Wars?

Groomlake Authority

Hmmm, what about cross buy? I would like to play this on PC, but I will not buy it again. 

Just now, DaltonM said:

Hmmm, what about cross buy? I would like to play this on PC, but I will not buy it again. 

I would not be surprise if it is cross buy but not if you own then old ones just if you buy the new xbox one/pc port

If reasonably priced I'll play again. I'm assuming my GTX 980 slots right between the 1080p and 4K requirements since I'd be aiming at 1440p.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

7 minutes ago, Accursed Entity said:

16GB of RAM for 1080p and 4K? That must be wrong. I know sometimes developers exaggerate but this is either that or a bad port. 

Not necessarily, if you had 8GB then a demanding game might get you close to the max. At that point the OS will start using pagefiling more, this could impact performance and/or loading times.

Currently I am not playing any games, I have chrome open with 3 tabs + 1 "new tab" (not on a website). Besides that I have steam and Avast running. I have 3.7GB of RAM used. If the game uses ~4GB then I would be at ~7.7GB. If I had 8GB of RAM I would have a bit of an issue at that point.

They might have just went with 16GB because the next most common amount of RAM users have is 16GB.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

18 minutes ago, DeltaEternum said:

Lol wtf? Is Gears 4 coming to PC that we know of?

This is the remaster of the first Gears of War, Gears 4 might be coming to PC too (with Microsoft releasing many of their Xbone games on Windows 10).

144Hz goodness

Ugh, I hope I don't have to buy this again... I still probably will though :P

22 minutes ago, Suicidal Korean said:

I would not be surprise if it is cross buy but not if you own then old ones just if you buy the new xbox one/pc port

I own every gears game both physical and digital they better not make me buy this one too lol 

30 minutes ago, Suicidal Korean said:

a 390X is on par with a 980ti with DX 12 as far as I am aware of. 

I love how people are using a single benchmark to make massive generalizations about GPU performance on DX12.

Believe it or not, a card's performance is more dependent on the game and how it's programmed than it is on the API used.

Everyone is just going off of the Ashes benchmark.... But you can hardly make that assumption for every DX12 game... Fable Legends for example..

Fable Legends Beta: 3840x2160 Ultra, Core i7

Fable Legends Beta: 1920x1080 Ultra, Core i7

The Fury X is better at Ashes, the 980ti is better at Fable Legends... All in how the game is programmed.

No screen shots of the store page, so I'm calling BS.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Those may be the ideal graphics cards due to VRAM usage, it might cap in some cases on 4GB that Fury X has. You can see 4GB cards as recommended, so they might not be ideal just based on performance since 290X/970 should max the game.

EDIT: Yeah that's in the specs, missed that.

Edited by Bouzoo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

44 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Ideal, AMD FX 8-Core. Hm, ye only if its "Zen". And seriously, Intel Core I7 Ghz+. XD, they should at least recommend a model family!

Just for comparison, FX 8xxx CPUs perform almost as well as i7's in Fallout 4, beating i5's by a lot. It's not unheard of.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

-snip-

And, is that an isolated case? But those cpus architecture are old as Voldemorts mom... What trickery is that?

Groomlake Authority

28 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

I love how people are using a single benchmark to make massive generalizations about GPU performance on DX12.

Believe it or not, a card's performance is more dependent on the game and how it's programmed than it is on the API used.

Everyone is just going off of the Ashes benchmark.... But you can hardly make that assumption for every DX12 game... Fable Legends for example..

Fable Legends Beta: 3840x2160 Ultra, Core i7

Fable Legends Beta: 1920x1080 Ultra, Core i7

The Fury X is better at Ashes, the 980ti is better at Fable Legends... All in how the game is programmed.

according to PCPER the 390X is faster then 980 so if they recommend a card like a 390X the comparable card or better card from Nvidia is a 980ti. but the point is that a 390X can be compared to a 980ti. but who really cares what they recommend but how it actually runs.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Fable-Legends-Benchmark-DX12-Performance-Testing-Continues/Results-1080p-Ultr

1 minute ago, Suicidal Korean said:

according to PCPER the 390X is faster then 980 so if they recommend a card like a 390X the comparable card or better card from Nvidia is a 980ti. but the point is that a 390X can be compared to a 980ti. but who really cares what they recommend but how it actually runs.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Fable-Legends-Benchmark-DX12-Performance-Testing-Continues/Results-1080p-Ultr

Add a 50MHz to that R9 290X in the benchmarks, it still won't have perform any where near as good as a GTX 980ti.

PMSL

11 minutes ago, Suicidal Korean said:

I totally agree... If the 390X is recommended, then the fastest Nvidia card after that is the 980ti... Makes sense. But in your original statement you say that the 390X is on par with the 980ti, which is not the case, since it generally outperforms the faster FuryX.

The rest was more commenting on the strange assumption that people have made, thinking AMD is simply better than Nvidia when it comes to DX12 because of one benchmark. Each cards have their strengths and their weaknesses, but you can't make a generalization about an entire API based on one benchmark...

Doing that is like saying Nvidia cards run Fallout 4  better (random example), therefore Nvidia is better than AMD in ALL games using DX11.

6 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Add a 50MHz to that R9 290X in the benchmarks, it still won't have perform any where near as good as a GTX 980ti.

yes but this is not the point if the minimum for that tier is a 390X a 980 is considered not enough so the only other card that Nvidia has above it a 980ti or titan. It is not about a 390X being on par with a 980ti but the 980 not being able to be compared to it. also this is for a different game so we have no clue how close or not close the 390, 390x, 980, 980ti are in gears so it is pointless to say it cant be.

4 minutes ago, Suicidal Korean said:

yes but this is not the point if the minimum for that tier is a 390X a 980 is considered not enough so the only other card that Nvidia has above it a 980ti or titan. It is not about a 390X being on par with a 980ti but the 980 not being able to be compared to it. also this is for a different game so we have no clue how close or not close the 390, 390x, 980, 980ti are in gears so it is pointless to say it cant be.

Lol, you do realise right that "recommended" hardware in games is mostly BS anyway? Games that recommend GTX 980+i7 for example are easily maxed out on my GTX 970+i5 4440.

PMSL

11 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Lol, you do realise right that "recommended" hardware in games is mostly BS anyway? Games that recommend GTX 980+i7 for example are easily maxed out on my GTX 970+i5 4440.

that is why I said this "but who really cares what they recommend but how it actually runs."

30 minutes ago, Suicidal Korean said: