Make People upload profile picture before posting topic

FatPenguin

I have noticed that a lot of new people do not have a profile picture. It sorta makes the forums look bland. or at least maybe a bank of pre made profile pics of some sort, Maybe some of the Linus Tech Tips logo or the LMG logo or something along those lines.

4m73WRm.png

here is a picture of the recent topics. 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Just now, Dabombinable said:

You trying to encourage random dick pics?

I always am ;)

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Just now, Dabombinable said:

You trying to encourage random dick pics?

No, I think that it is relatively low effort to find a funny or good profile pic and upload it. maybe a "profile setup" process before you could post

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

I would agreee , but then their would be too many doge's on the forum

/s

/jk

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

19 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

I would agreee , but then their would be too many doge's on the forum /s /jk

but also a chance for people to show off their rarest pepe's 

19 hours ago, APasz said:

Requiring a profile picture would help combat spam before it gets to Mods or actual spam filters.

I also don't remember people by their name I remember people by their profile pics.

5 minutes ago, FatPenguin said:

I also don't remember people by their name I remember people by their profile pics.

Which is why I hate when people change it :P

But yeah when there are way too many default grey heads it makes it hard to follow a conversation honestly 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

insert joke that would get me banned here

you just reminded me of the two exceptions to what I said above :) (you are one)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

kek

I think it's like any of those graphs with a "valley".   Change it too infrequently and no one will remember you when you do, but never change it and there's no problem, or change it so often you become that guy who always changes it and people expect/recognize that :)

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think it's like any of those graphs with a "valley".   Change it too infrequently and no one will remember you when you do, but never change it and there's no problem, or change it so often you become that guy who always changes it and people expect/recognize that :)

im pretty much in between first and third option

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

im pretty much in between first and third option

well to me it's enough to be in the group with the third option :)

1 minute ago, Cat :^) said:

I think having multiple default ones would be good, but I don't agree with forcing people to upload one.

It'd be great to have a lot of default ones then... if we get too many people all using the same one, that's arguably worse than everyone just using the grey head :P 

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

It'd be great to have a lot of default ones then... if we get to many people all using the same one, that's arguably worse than everyone just using the grey head :P 

We could possibly have randomized patterns so they're all unique and easy to tell apart, but unfortunately I have a looonnggg list of other stuff that needs to get done right now :\ But I really like this idea so if I have nothing to do one weekend this might happen.

5 minutes ago, Cat :^) said:

We could possibly have randomized patterns so they're all unique and easy to tell apart, but unfortunately I have a looonnggg list of other stuff that needs to get done right now :\ But I really like this idea so if I have nothing to do one weekend this might happen.

Thanks. :D:D:D:D:D

54 minutes ago, RZeroX said:

Don't try and force me to upload a Avatar I'm fine with the default one.

Resistance is futile.  Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be differentiated from our own.  

No, that would add so much friction to the sign up process and would stop lots of people who are just making and account for one question. 

We might be able to use gravatar though, which would help. I'll look into that at some point. 

HTTP/2 203

Don't really care to. Sometimes you just have to deal with things. If this forum tried to tell me I had to. That would be the last day I visited it.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

50 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

Just generate a random avatar from a random linustechtips themed database, the database could be filled with suggestions that submitted by users them self.

Brings memories about vanillaTF2 and their random unicorn avatars.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, Griffscavern said:

Don't really care to. Sometimes you just have to deal with things. If this forum tried to tell me I had to. That would be the last day I visited it.

But why? Why would it stop you from enjoying the forum?

-アパゾ

17 hours ago, FatPenguin said:

I have noticed that a lot of new people do not have a profile picture. It sorta makes the forums look bland. or at least maybe a bank of pre made profile pics of some sort, Maybe some of the Linus Tech Tips logo or the LMG logo or something along those lines.

4m73WRm.png

here is a picture of the recent topics. 

Yes, I would love there to be a requirement for a profile picture before you can post.

All those blank images look terrible, compared to everyone else's (amazing) pictures. :D