Online Tech Jobs

Anyone know any decent online tech related jobs, possibly part-time, could be done in conjunction with another job?

web developer
/t

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I did some generic video editing for a real-estate marketing agency over the summer. Basically they'd hire a freelance videographer to shoot the house and then they would drop me the footage via Google Drive. 

I cut it together in Premiere in a way that made sense and sent them the completed .pr file. They would add music and titles to their liking. 

Was a pretty good gig I did it for a few months with 3-4 videos a week. Pay was like $15-30 a video depending on how large the house was.

Just check around in your area and see whats on Craigslist. That's how I found the video editing one. Just be careful sending information. 

As for "official" online employment I'm at a loss. 

You might be able to join an online indie developer or be a contractor for someone. Although these would be more software than actual hardware/tech related.

game developer. website development ect. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

The description seems way to vague... online IT jobs can mean a lot of things, you need to figure out what you are interested in and post that as your interest (what field? Are you wanting to do online support for hardware, coding, etc?). Are you looking to get paid? Volunteer hours for experience?

Sorry to be the party-pooper but I see these questions come up all the time as either a generic way to post/start chat but they never really go anywhere. I would recommend hammering out what you would like to do and hit up some online searches to narrow down who is hiring or maybe start something freelance and go from there. Best of luck either way!

On 2/22/2016 at 1:00 PM, Gen427 said:

The description seems way to vague... online IT jobs can mean a lot of things, you need to figure out what you are interested in and post that as your interest (what field? Are you wanting to do online support for hardware, coding, etc?). Are you looking to get paid? Volunteer hours for experience?

Sorry to be the party-pooper but I see these questions come up all the time as either a generic way to post/start chat but they never really go anywhere. I would recommend hammering out what you would like to do and hit up some online searches to narrow down who is hiring or maybe start something freelance and go from there. Best of luck either way!

I was thinking something along the lines of online support for hardware.

5 minutes ago, ObsidioN said:

I was thinking something along the lines of online support for hardware.

What do you mean exactly? People ship you hardware and you fix it? It's hard to have a remote job that's hardware related. If you mean help troubleshooting hardware problems then no, mostly because there are hundreds of people just on this forum that do that for free so it'd be hard to make money off it (not to mention all of the other websites out there that do the same thing).

-KuJoe

Although I did just think of something, if you've got a lot of experience working in corporate environments at an engineer or architect level then you can do consulting online, but most people willing to hire a consultant would hire somebody either local or willing to fly out to assist them (at my work we've had plenty of consultants fly here from other countries for 1-6 months before).

-KuJoe