?s on some things

ChrisLucero

so im building a pc and my ? is i wanna play planetside 2 and some other titles i was gonna go with a gtx 980 but its just to far out of my budget for gpus i was wandering if i got a gtx 970 if i would regret it cause if i went with the 780 its alot cheaper and id be able to save for a better graphics card down the line and just upgrade considering putting a graphics card in is super easy so will i regret going with a 780 for about 6months to a year till i had the money to upgrade my mother board is the MSI Z170A Krait Gaming (White design) ATX w/ USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 1PCIe x1, 1 SATA Express, 4 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 housed in a 750d corsair case 650rm corsair power supply

GTX 780 is about equal to a GTX 970. I say 780 if you can get a good one cheap. don't forget, even though it has 1GB less of ram, it really only has .5GB less of ram, because the 970 is a 3.5GB card in the real world.

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ

4 minutes ago, Codyman125 said:

GTX 780 is about equal to a GTX 970. I say 780 if you can get a good one cheap. don't forget, even though it has 1GB less of ram, it really only has .5GB less of ram, because the 970 is a 3.5GB card in the real world.

The 970 has 4Gb of VRAM. IIRC, the .5 Gb is just slower that the other 3.5, but it is there.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

Just now, Ddave said:

The 970 has 4Gb of VRAM. IIRC, the .5 Gb is just slower that the other 3.5, but it is there.

the last .5GB is there, yeah, but it runs at the same speed it would if it just cached the extra data in the RAM anyway, so I don't really count it.

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ