Randomly freezing and shuttering.

JEW UNIT NY

Hey. What's up? I was wondering, I'm experiencing some stuttering with my 980 ti. I was wondering what is wrong? It's even happening in the most basic games (ie the binding of isaac after birth) or even moving and organizing stuff on my desktop. It's randomly freezing in game. Do you guys know what's wrong?

This is my first build and finished it two weeks ago. 

My build (if it helps):

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/p9kTwP

don't know what you mean about the disk usage. Please let me know.  Nothing is oc'd. The most graphically intensive game I've played was The Division beta. After an hour, l was extremely loud and and was hovering about 77-80 C on gpu. 

this is far to broad a symptom. upload a video of it doing whatever it is doing while you are using the mouse swiping slow from left to right to youtube and link it. for all i know by freezing you could mean the mouse randomly freezes or hangs on the screen due to front panel usb 3 issues. or the screen could actually jutter or freeze, or skip or .

4 minutes ago, Conan1600 said:

this is far to broad a symptom. upload a video of it doing whatever it os doing while you are uaing the mouse to youtube and link it. for all i know by freezing you could mean the mouse randomly freezes or hangs on the screen due to front panel usb 3 issues. or the screen could actually jutter or freeze, or skip or .

It's not the mouse. The picture freezes for a couple seconds and then refreshes or doesn't spawn enemies until I get half way through a room (I end up getting hit by spawning enemies). Things along that line. I won't have access to my computer until tomorrow night so I can't upload a video tonight. 

Unplug everything and go one by one. Connect each thing at every boot to see if it gives you a problem, once you find the part that is giving you problems RMA it

5 minutes ago, DJ25380 said:

Unplug everything and go one by one. Connect each thing at every boot to see if it gives you a problem, once you find the part that is giving you problems RMA it

I will do that. Can't I just exchange the hardware? I ordered my parts on 1/31. It's within the month. 

3 hours ago, JEW UNIT NY said:

I will do that. Can't I just exchange the hardware? I ordered my parts on 1/31. It's within the month. 

If you are in the parameters then do so

45 minutes ago, DJ25380 said:

If you are in the parameters then do so

How do exchanges work? I bought my graphics card from bhphotovideo. Just in case. I have a friend coming over tomorrow night to help me figure this out. 

17 hours ago, JEW UNIT NY said:

How do exchanges work? I bought my graphics card from bhphotovideo. Just in case. I have a friend coming over tomorrow night to help me figure this out. 

Contact the retailer and tell them the item has issues and that you wish to replace it, every seller is different. For example if you buy NewEgg Premier which is a subscription service for $50 a year(good for returning items you purchased by accident). B&H should have an exchange policy like most other stores, simply contact them.

On 2/22/2016 at 1:19 PM, DJ25380 said:

Contact the retailer and tell them the item has issues and that you wish to replace it, every seller is different. For example if you buy NewEgg Premier which is a subscription service for $50 a year(good for returning items you purchased by accident). B&H should have an exchange policy like most other stores, simply contact them.

Thanx. I will try to get a video of what I'm talking about tonight (if I can. 

I got some gameplay but I'm trying to get my desktop problem. How do I video record the desktop?

Two possibilities.

1- I think you have a reference 980ti, which has only one fan. Division beta is a very demanding game, and GPUs have a safety feature to detune themselves if the temperature is going off the charts.

2- Happens quite often, I think your Power supply is not able to handle the total power delivery of your system. Clear out one thing for me please. This random stuttering happens only when your computer is under load, right?

Youtube Gaming Channel : International Gaming Forum (IGF) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kAr9J4RlOjuRVmoBRu5fQ

Intel Core i7 6700k   I   Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 Motherboard   I   Gskill Ripjaws V F4 3000Mhz 16GB RAM   I   Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming   I   Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD

I   Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA SSD   I   Seagate 4TB Mechanical HDD   I   Antec H2O 1250 CPU Liquid Cooler   I   NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Chassis   I   Mad Catz Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard   

I   Mad Catz M.M.O.T.E Gaming Mouse   I     So Basically, Oculus Ready!

3 minutes ago, Chirag Borawake said:

Two possibilities.

1- I think you have a reference 980ti, which has only one fan. Division beta is a very demanding game, and GPUs have a safety feature to detune themselves if the temperature is going off the charts.

2- Happens quite often, I think your Power supply is not able to handle the total power delivery of your system. Clear out one thing for me please. This random stuttering happens only when your computer is under load, right?

1.       I have no idea if I have a reference or not. This is the card I have:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1163829-REG/msi_gtx_980ti_gaming_6g_gtx_980ti_6gddr5_gaming.html

2.       I have a 650W power supply. I it happens at random. I am uploading some proof videos for you guys to see what I’m talking about. I recorded some gameplay of The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (not really an intensive game at all). I used PCpart picker’s power usage tool and the 650W is more enough for my build (http://pcpartpicker.com/user/JEWUNIT/builds/#view=p9kTwP).  This also happens when I try to drag and drop files (with no applications open) on the desktop (from one part of the desktop to another).

3.       How do I record desktop? So I can have that proof as well

You can use Nvidia Shadowplay, by installing Nvidia Geforce Experience. It is the best possible way to record your screen, be it game, desktop, anything.

Youtube Gaming Channel : International Gaming Forum (IGF) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kAr9J4RlOjuRVmoBRu5fQ

Intel Core i7 6700k   I   Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 Motherboard   I   Gskill Ripjaws V F4 3000Mhz 16GB RAM   I   Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming   I   Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD

I   Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA SSD   I   Seagate 4TB Mechanical HDD   I   Antec H2O 1250 CPU Liquid Cooler   I   NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Chassis   I   Mad Catz Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard   

I   Mad Catz M.M.O.T.E Gaming Mouse   I     So Basically, Oculus Ready!

18 minutes ago, Chirag Borawake said:

You can use Nvidia Shadowplay, by installing Nvidia Geforce Experience. It is the best possible way to record your screen, be it game, desktop, anything.

Thank you. I will have those videos uploaded later on tonight. 

Okay guys. Thank you for your help so far. Now I have attached videos with what I’m talking about.

1.       The first video (Proof 1 – Desktop) is the issue showing up when I’m moving my icon around. This is a ridiculous speed and not how I move things around but it’s used to demonstrate what’s going on when I move the icons around at normal speed. In normal speed, it happens at random.

2.       The second video (Proof 2 - The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (with Afterbirth DLC)) is showing gameplay. This game is not a demanding game. It is a remake of a flash game from newgrounds. This is gameplay is to demonstrate what I’m talking about. It gets worse with graphically intensive games. The incident happens at ~14:20 and at ~29:10 – 29:30.

First Video –

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6E75124B17AE27!6622&authkey=!ADZmZCYrasIwyDs&ithint=video%2cmp4

Second Video –

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6E75124B17AE27!6621&authkey=!APG036JNv3NYPPg&ithint=video%2cmp4

On 2/25/2016 at 0:46 PM, JEW UNIT NY said:

Okay guys. Thank you for your help so far. Now I have attached videos with what I’m talking about.

1.       The first video (Proof 1 – Desktop) is the issue showing up when I’m moving my icon around. This is a ridiculous speed and not how I move things around but it’s used to demonstrate what’s going on when I move the icons around at normal speed. In normal speed, it happens at random.

2.       The second video (Proof 2 - The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (with Afterbirth DLC)) is showing gameplay. This game is not a demanding game. It is a remake of a flash game from newgrounds. This is gameplay is to demonstrate what I’m talking about. It gets worse with graphically intensive games. The incident happens at ~14:20 and at ~29:10 – 29:30.

First Video –

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6E75124B17AE27!6622&authkey=!ADZmZCYrasIwyDs&ithint=video%2cmp4

Second Video –

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6E75124B17AE27!6621&authkey=!APG036JNv3NYPPg&ithint=video%2cmp4

Can i please get a screenshot of your Taskmanager? also how much ram do you have in your system?