Good Build?

lukerox2002

The R9 380 would be the better choice in terms of performance.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

For that price it's quite a good build yeah. Is that all the budget you have though? Going to a z79 board and a 4690k will give you a pretty big jump in processing performance. 

9 minutes ago, lukerox2002 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Y2w8Lk

Mainly want to know if there will be any bottle necking.

The R9 380, in my opinion, is the budget king of GPU's.  The XFX double dissipation version of the card is only 180$.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

4 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Different psu, possibly different ssd.

The PSU is fine and he's alreayd purchased the ssd according to the pcpartpicker page. If he is to buy a new ssd the OCZ ones are very good for budget builds. 

3 minutes ago, lukerox2002 said:

I already own them from my own rig im using RN.

That´s not a good psu. You should get a different psu if you pay to get a new rig. SSD is fine though if that´s the case.

Just now, Jon Trollston said:

The PSU is fine and he's alreayd purchased the ssd according to the pcpartpicker page. If he is to buy a new ssd the OCZ ones are very good for budget builds. 

PSU is rosewill arcm. That´s tier 6, same as cx. You do not want that with any high end parts.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

That´s not a good psu. You should get a different psu if you pay to get a new rig. SSD is fine though if that´s the case.

What's wrong with it. If efficiency is the case I don't care too much about the power bill. Solar power FTW :)

3 minutes ago, lukerox2002 said:

What's wrong with it. If efficiency is the case I don't care too much about the power bill. Solar power FTW :)

Just now, Jon Trollston said:

The PSU is honestly absolutely fine. No point upgrading it and sacrificing other components. 

4 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

PSU is rosewill arcm. That´s tier 6, same as cx. You do not want that with any high end parts.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

According to that guide, it's tier 3, not tier 6. Rosewill is fine for a budget build,. There's no sense im him cutting his budget in half to buy a 1200watt EVGA Supernova 

1 minute ago, Jon Trollston said:

According to that guide, it's tier 3, not tier 6. Rosewill is fine for a budget build,. There's no sense im him cutting his budget in half to buy a 1200watt EVGA Supernova 

The hell are you talking about? PSU he has is an ARCM, that´s in tier 6 slot.

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

The hell are you talking about? PSU he has is an ARCM, that´s in tier 6 slot.

Where is tier 6 anyway lol. It's bronze certified dude. The ones in tier 5 are the really dodgy white ones with no name or anything. 

He can upgrade the psu later anyway when he has a hundred bucks anyway. It's worth it for him to get that build and then upgrade the psu when he has the money to something that's more legit. 

6 minutes ago, Jon Trollston said:

Where is tier 6 anyway lol. It's bronze certified dude. The ones in tier 5 are the really dodgy white ones with no name or anything. 

Scroll down. And a psu´s efficiency says nothing about the overall quality of the parts.

large.56ca7e917040d_Screenshot2016-02-21

5 minutes ago, Jon Trollston said:

He can upgrade the psu later anyway when he has a hundred bucks anyway. It's worth it for him to get that build and then upgrade the psu when he has the money to something that's more legit. 

He doesn´t have to spend $100 for a good psu. He can get a better one for $50.

1 minute ago, Jon Trollston said:

Am I using the wrong one here?

tgrbCnr.jpg

Yes you are, talking about the one made VIA LTT forum itself.