A Sad Day Indeed: RIP Corsair Vengeance K90

iruixos

So I accidentally spilled some ginger ale on my K90, and now I'm pretty sure it will never work again. :(

Any ideas on how to fix it? I currently have it upside-down in my closet hoping it will dry out a little bit...

Hopefully Linus, Slick, or you guys have a good method for fixing it!

What I've done so far:

- Removed all the keys

- Used compressed air to remove some water

- Used q-tips to remove excess water

- Had a towel underneath it during the entire process

I will leave it upside-down in my closet for the next day or so, hopefully I'll have some better results then. =/

img0418t.th.jpg img0419tn.th.jpg img0420iy.th.jpg img0421fn.th.jpg img0425oz.th.jpg

1:

2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_FZXuvvq4

GW2: Vettexl.9726

put it in a huge bowl of rice and let it sit for a week. If it still doesn't work then you're SOL. Sorry bud.

put it in a huge bowl of rice and let it sit for a week. If it still doesn't work then you're SOL. Sorry bud.

I don't have a bowl that big so a plastic tub might have to do... and a lot of rice! I'll let it sit for now and if not, I'll try that.

I've given non-working components (most notably an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe) an alcohol bath before to try to clean up whatever spilled and had them come back to life. Try the rice thing first though.

edit: isopropyl alcohol, and while it's turned off...

I've given non-working components (most notably an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe) an alcohol bath before to try to clean up whatever spilled and had them come back to life. Try the rice thing first though. edit: isopropyl alcohol' date=' and while it's turned off... [/quote']

Thanks Linus, I'll give it a shot and hopefully things turn out well!

• 2 weeks later...
I've given non-working components (most notably an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe) an alcohol bath before to try to clean up whatever spilled and had them come back to life. Try the rice thing first though. edit: isopropyl alcohol' date=' and while it's turned off... [/quote']

Two weeks later.. and SHE LIVES!!! :D

img0434mr.jpg

(sorry for the double post)