Anyone getting the Samsung Galaxy s7?

smeek14

Hey all, so now that it has been revealed, are any of you going to get it?  I am.  

i always thought of samsung as the next apple. i think samsung has pretty piss poor phones tbh. 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i dont buy anything Samsung unless its flash memory. 

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

3 minutes ago, smeek14 said:

Hey all, so now that it has been revealed, are any of you going to get it?  I am.  

It's mainstream-y, eh, maybe, but only cause I'm tired of iPhones

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

3 minutes ago, smeek14 said:

maybe. my contract ends this december.

depending on the videos, reviews, hands on feel, i MIGHT move to android and keep my 6Plus for snapchat, instagram, camera etc. (because snapchat is laggy as fck on android)

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Nope. Switching from the S6, to that would be dumb. Not only did it come with a still Micro-USB, no improvements on the audio department and im sure, they wont be getting updates any time soon, when Android N comes out, its no deal for me lel. For me, LG nailed on everything, Audio and Usb Type-C. And removable battery. Only theyr displays, stayed not so interesting :(

Groomlake Authority

The only reason I'm getting the s7 is because I hate the onscreen buttons on every other android phone.

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i always thought of samsung as the next apple. i think samsung has pretty piss poor phones tbh. 

well you'd be wrong. but oh well.

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

tbh, im fine with the s6. its still one of if not the best phone out. 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Like i'm going to upgrade from my Note 5 to a S7....talking about a downgrade(terms of size).

I would get one, if OP bought me one, cos I got no money, trying to save up for a rig.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

My decision will be highly reliant on Anandtech's in depth review. Since my upgrade is in May, Anandtech can take their sweet time, as usual, to write up their review. 

However, a couple things that I hope are fixed/improved over the Note5 would be:

1. Accurate colors when using the auto brightness boost rather than the oversaturated colors (even when set to the basic, accurate color profile)

2. Get rid of the seemingly default Android behavior of amping up the screen brightness when launching the camera app.

3. Make it easier to hold the phone while watching a video. More often than not, I end up accidentally pressing the capacitive buttons because there is no where to hold the phone. Maybe require 2 presses on capacitive buttons to trigger them?

4. Fix/improve the odd color glare when viewed on extreme angles that is typical of Amoled screens.

5. Standby battery drain (hopefully fixed with Android M)

6. Real DND.

7. Either constantly optimize Chrome to be as fast as the stock browser or give the stock browser more functionality. Web browsing sucks on Android because Chrome is so slow- fix it.

I may possibly upgrade to the S7 Edge once my current lease with the S6 is due for renewal, kinda depends on what else is available at the time.  Not quite sure what else I may  want though, I've heard good things about the new Nexus phones so I may check those out.