Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge announced!

thexzenon
1 minute ago, atrash said:

Not with the new Nexus phones.

Of course, what really matters is the power transfer ability and how physically robust the connector is.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

i think its a nice subtle upgrade. Its really nice to see companies makign changes to make their phones handle better. 

But tbh i think the more exciting phone is the G5. more new stuff, more new ideas.

But im sure this is a solid phone still

20 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

How do you know they did a decent job ?They raised the numbers , whoopty f-ing doo, would've never seen that coming. Have you tested it ? Have you used it for a prolong amount of time so you can make such conclusions. I doubt it. So I'd rather wait for it to come out and people to start actually using it and then make conclusions.

What do you have to personally test to know that the phone is waterproof and has a MicroSD slot? Nobody's jumping to conclusions, and you're not making any sense. 

"Rawr XD"

10 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

It would make sense if you think about why reviews and phone sites exist to begin with. 

You go to a review site to check people's opinion on a phone to see whether it's good and worth buying or not. You don't need a reviewer to tell you that a phone takes memory cards.

"Rawr XD"

On 2/21/2016 at 0:52 PM, corsairian said:

Finally, samsung has a that impressed me.. but only because it has the sd card back. Im hoping the battery on the note 6 will be 4000mah.. that would be amazing. Its 3000 on the note 5 and its too small for me...

I agree. The biggest no-no on last year's S6 was the lack of SD Card support, but now that it's back, my brother has super high hopes that the Note 6 will be his next phone. He was initially upset that the Note 5 didn't include a SD Card slot since it's one of the Note series staple features.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

so this time the galaxy s7 doesnt pack the latest and greatest. and i hear theres no ir blaster? 

compared to other new android phones the s7 shines. however it doesnt give many reasons to upgrade from the s6

Upgrading my S4 to the S7. Only thing i'll miss from the S4 is the IR blaster, it was fun trolling people by changing the channel on their TV.

No model larger than 64 GB :( And Even that it select regions only. So many apps does not function correctly with microSD cards...

Xiaomi just announced their Snapdragon 820 phone that's priced at 1999 RMB, which is about $305 USD.

Spoiler

1456305864795-1310344613.jpg

Specs:

Spoiler

1456305650133-1622336060.jpg

Edit: Posting this here because I'm too lazy to write up a post.

Just now, Ex14 said:

http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s7_and_s7_edge_will_get_carrier_locks_to_the_first_inserted_sim_-news-16902.php

im glad i dont have to deal with this bullshit in my neck of the woods.

Always wanted to live in the US when I was little. Then I discovered the internet and the shit they pull there. xD

On 2/22/2016 at 10:57 AM, GoodBytes said:

All phones I see that have USB Type-C are USB 3.0

Due to the android ecosystem I know most of the phones have varying security, and varying update schedules, where-as Apple does not.  How does Windows phone work in comparison?  Has Microsoft gone with the same implementation that Apple has with over the air updates or is it still going to be up to the carrier as well?