First Intel build (3rd build) (help)

TheGeek2448

here are my specs for this first Intel build:

-Intel Core i7 3770K

-Corsair Vengeance LP 16 GB (4X4) (CML16GX3M4A1600C9B)

-Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

-Gigabyte GTX 660ti

-OCZ Agility 4 128 GB SSD (for OS and some programs) (AGT4-25SAT3-128G)

-OCZ 700 Watt Power Supply (OCZ700MXSP)

-Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (because I have it)

-Seagate Momentus XT (gen. 1) 500 GB (rest of programs)

-1 TB Western Digital Green Drive (for Media: backed-up movies, music, pictures)

-all in an Antec Eleven Hundred

I got the system all built turned it on and this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CF_fGRop_kw

The system starts up for one second, and then seems to restart and then it repeats. the lights you see bouncing off the sound card are the back-up UEFI.

I got a Celeron G550, to see if it was my i7 and the machine booted into the UEFI a few times, but it still it occasional either shut down on it's own or would not start back up

(sigh) can someone help? I'm at a loss

Get everything down from the mobo just let the CPU and the ram, try that way if you can get to the BIOS, then keep adding things.

If it does not work you may have an issue with the MoBo itself.

It doesn't look like a short in my opinion because the system should shut off faster than that in the event of a short. The behavior looks almost like when overclocking fails on some boards the the BIOS automatically resets--my immediate step would be to check if the memory is seated properly and if so to try swapping out the DIMMs.

I suspected the power button header so I disconnected it and (as you could see in the vid) used the surface mounted power button on the mobo

I suspected the power button header so I disconnected it and (as you could see in the vid) used the surface mounted power button on the mobo
Leave only the CPU and RAM in there and see what happens. Then start adding things and tell us the results.

I disconnected everything besides the CPU and RAM and any combination of my Corsair RAM DIMMs (this is my first full build for myself in 4 years) and the same thing happened

do you have a speaker installed, the beeps speak. as was said strip it down to just the motherboard and 1 (yes one) stick of ram. i had a bad mother board on 1 build that used to do that.

I took it down to 1 stick of RAM, will add the speaker and see if it beeps, but I'm not optimistic

Ok' date=' so I did that, and there are beeps :([/quote']

What sort of beeps? Is there a beep code you could reference too?

Just to check that its not something obvious; you've got both the 24 pin and 8 pin power in completely? I had a build once that did the same and it turned out that the 8 pin wasn't completely in and therefore it wouldn't work.

when the speaker is connected there are no beeps. I took the mobo out of the case, no change. I tried a different power supply, no change.

ive had this happen before, i would discontinue starting it, this happened to me and i completely fried everything. Imo its the mobo. unplug everything and just try the 24pin. with just the cpu and ram, but i sugest you dont boot to often lets the volts drain out of it before rebooting

I replaced the motherboard and now everything is working GREAT! I'm working on overclocking my 3770K with my Zalman CNPS 9900 MAX and right now I've running Prime95 it at 4.3 GHz at 64* C. on the hottest core.

Thanks for your guys help :)