Best GPU for parents

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Gaming performance has nothing to do with the ability to drive 2 monitors. A low end gpu will not be able to handle 2 monitors running at 1080P.  At 1024x768 yes.

Ok, make sure to vote on this poll:

http://goo.gl/H76qi9

18 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I don't want to challenge your experiences.
I'll simply wait what everyone else has to say and waste my time on something else.

Vote on this poll

http://goo.gl/H76qi9

I have never  head  of this. Wasting money just because you have it. 

1 hour ago, thutzell13579 said:

I upgraded her PC a little while ago and added a 3 tb hdd and a network card. I've planned my PC on pcpartpicker and I'm planning to buy an ssd and transfer the hdd. And I might sound stupid saying this, but isn't an a8 the cup used in iPhones or is it a GPU in amds lineup ( i don't follow low end amd gpus much)

An A8 is an AMD APU, quad core with competent onboard graphics.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Your gonna need to wait for the Fury X2 to come out for this rig........ ya, it'll play YouTube.

But seriously, the integrated graphics on a 5 year old apu is just fine. Its pushing a screen not gaming graphics, and yes an igpu will run two monitors. 

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

750 ti would be fine. The one I'm only uses PCI express power, no auxiliary 6/8 pin.

2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Gaming performance has nothing to do with the ability to drive 2 monitors. A low end gpu will not be able to handle 2 monitors running at 1080P.  At 1024x768 yes.

what do you mean onboard graphics can drive 2 monitors at 1080P

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 hours ago, App4that said:

You've never run two monitors off a HD integrated have you?

I run integrated graphics with 2 1080p monitors all the time. On my last laptop I ran a 1080 and a 3200x1800 at the same time. Integrated is fine unless you want to game.

55 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

I run integrated graphics with 2 1080p monitors all the time. On my last laptop I ran a 1080 and a 3200x1800 at the same time. Integrated is fine unless you want to game.

Not for intensive multitasking, I specified that. The OP is not asking about his family 

wanting to surf the web. They were specific and so was I. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Ran two monitors off of an iGPU. Went really well, actually.

Run FireFox, Explorer, My Mathlab, Excel, Word, and the university database at the same time. Homework reasons. Trust me, night and day between a HD4600 and any dGPU worth buying. One monitor, and it did great. 

Just now, App4that said:

Run FireFox, Explorer, My Mathlab, Excel, Word, and the university database at the same time. Homework reasons. Trust me, night and day between a HD4600 and any dGPU worth buying. One monitor, and it did great. 

lol

I've had Spotify, Discord, and Team Fortress 2 up on my laptop (one screen 1600x900, the other 1280x1024) and it was still very snappy.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 hours ago, App4that said:

Extremely bad xD

I ran my HD4600 for weeks while I saved up for a 980ti. It would cause crashes going from screen to screen. You curser would vanish after crossing over. And forget about transferring applications for one the other.

And yes I had all the old drivers removed and the HD4600 drivers loaded. Ended up disconnecting the second monitor to avoid crashes.

lol, I never had this problem with my HD5500. Used a 1080p 144hz and a 1080p 60hz monitor.

4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

lol

I've had Spotify, Discord, and Team Fortress 2 up on my laptop (one screen 1600x900, the other 1280x1024) and it was still very snappy.

Biggest problem by far was crashes. Both the 4690k and 4790k suffered them. Tried several drivers. YouTube looked horrid. First time I tried was with a 1080p and 900p, second time was two 1080p, same issues both times. Unplug a monitor and the crashing cleared up. 

20 minutes ago, App4that said:

Not for intensive multitasking, I specified that. The OP is not asking about his family 

wanting to surf the web. They were specific and so was I. 

My desktops right now running off of HD530 graphics:

desktops.thumb.png.8066c2a64bd2b50aa075c

This is a rather light load for me. Runs fine.

Just now, App4that said:

Biggest problem by far was crashes. Both the 4690k and 4790k suffered them. Tried several drivers. YouTube looked horrid. First time I tried was with a 1080p and 900p, second time was two 1080p, same issues both times. Unplug a monitor and the crashing cleared up. 

I believe that's more of an issue with drivers than anything else.

4 hours ago, thutzell13579 said:

I'm looking to build my mom a new computer. Her computer is used every day for working from home. She is very active on the computer but does absolutely no gaming. She is mainly sending emails, pictures, making spreadsheets, browsing the web, moderately watches videos, and must be able to use two monitors. She can't stand a slow computer, because she tries to get as much work done as possible in a little time. The budget for how GPU is $120. It's ok if that price range is a little overkill for what she does, but no shame in telling me if it is too overkill. In conclusion, she just needs a GPU for great productivity but doesn't need to support games. What do you suggest. I will take the most frequent graphics cards suggested and create a poll from that.

If you're building her a work computer, can I ask what CPU you're getting her? Her Gtx 7500 was better than Integrated Graphics, once upon a time, but the Skylake iGPU is way better now. It can definitely handle two monitors with ease.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

I believe that's more of an issue with drivers than anything else.

I did too but it wasn't. And like I've said before in this topic, the OP specifically stated their mother wanted fast, not acceptable, fast as possible. 

Just now, App4that said:

I did too but it wasn't. And like I've said before in this topic, the OP specifically stated their mother wanted fast, not acceptable, fast as possible. 

I mean even then a 750 Ti is just gonna end up being a waste of a PCI-Express slot. What CPU are we even talking about here, for OP?

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I mean even then a 750 Ti is just gonna end up being a waste of a PCI-Express slot. What CPU are we even talking about here, for OP?

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

How is it a waste? My wife's 970m is pretty close and she went from a iGPU to it even though everyone said the same thing you and other are, and had to admit I was right. She's in love with how responsive it is and the difference in how quickly she gets things done. 

Just now, Squirrel724 said:

In that case, you should be fine. However, Intel's drivers are more often than not completely wonky so I'd say just get her an R7 240 or a GT 730.

inb4 invalid low end card rant video