Best GPU for parents

I'm looking to build my mom a new computer. Her computer is used every day for working from home. She is very active on the computer but does absolutely no gaming. She is mainly sending emails, pictures, making spreadsheets, browsing the web, moderately watches videos, and must be able to use two monitors. She can't stand a slow computer, because she tries to get as much work done as possible in a little time. The budget for how GPU is $120. It's ok if that price range is a little overkill for what she does, but no shame in telling me if it is too overkill. In conclusion, she just needs a GPU for great productivity but doesn't need to support games. What do you suggest. I will take the most frequent graphics cards suggested and create a poll from that.

I think iGPUs would do just fine for her uses. No need for a GPU. Save the money

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

Just now, N_Bot said:

What's wrong with integrated graphics.

Just now, Vercii said:

I think iGPUs would do just fine for her uses. No need for a GPU. Save the money

You've never run two monitors off a HD integrated have you?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Why don't you get her an A8 then, of you haven't bought any of the other parts and use money you save to buy an SSD.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

750ti

The 750Ti is part of NVidia's GTX lineup, which mainly exists for gaming.
It wouldn't make sense for such a PC.

I'm sure the integrated gpu of an Intel Core i3-4xxx/6xxx would get the job done, but I don't know how you can connect two displays to it.

2 minutes ago, Vercii said:

Currently, she's actually using a Gtx 7500 (I didn't now it existed either), but I don't want to downgrade.

Just now, Senzelian said:

The 750Ti is part of NVidia's GTX lineup, which mainly exists for gaming.
It wouldn't make sense for such a PC.

I'm sure the integrated gpu of an Intel Core i3-4xxx/6xxx would get the job done, but I don't know how you can connect two displays to it.

My wife uses a 970m and does ZERO gaming. A dedicated graphics card is not exclusive to gaming applications.

6 minutes ago, N_Bot said:

What's wrong with integrated graphics.

Her graphics aren't currently integrated and I don't want to downgrade.

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

You've never run two monitors off a HD integrated have you?

Nope, how well does it work?

2 minutes ago, thutzell13579 said:

It runs like sh*t. Even low-end gpus can't handle dual monitors.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, thutzell13579 said:

Extremely bad xD

I ran my HD4600 for weeks while I saved up for a 980ti. It would cause crashes going from screen to screen. You curser would vanish after crossing over. And forget about transferring applications for one the other.

And yes I had all the old drivers removed and the HD4600 drivers loaded. Ended up disconnecting the second monitor to avoid crashes.

Just now, App4that said:

My wife uses a 970m and does ZERO gaming. A dedicated graphics card is not exclusive to gaming applications.

That is not what I said.

I said, the GTX lineup was created mainly for playing games and recommending a 750Ti for watching videos is a really terrible recommendation.

Right now we are at a point, where an integrated GPU can drive resolutions of up to 4K and probably even higher if you got more than one output.

7 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Why don't you get her an A8 then, of you haven't bought any of the other parts and use money you save to buy an SSD.

I upgraded her PC a little while ago and added a 3 tb hdd and a network card. I've planned my PC on pcpartpicker and I'm planning to buy an ssd and transfer the hdd. And I might sound stupid saying this, but isn't an a8 the cup used in iPhones or is it a GPU in amds lineup ( i don't follow low end amd gpus much)

Just now, thutzell13579 said:

I upgraded her PC a little while ago and added a 3 tb hdd and a network card. I've planned my PC on pcpartpicker and I'm planning to buy an ssd and transfer the hdd. And I might sound stupid saying this, but isn't an a8 the cup used in iPhones or is it a GPU in amds lineup ( i don't follow low end amd gpus much)

Just get her a GT 730. That's enough and cheap to have two monitor's running fam.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

1 minute ago, thutzell13579 said:

no just the same name, one is called the apple a8 and the other is AMD APU A8. also onboard graphics are good, if you really want good ones go with a APU or a skylake chip. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Just now, Senzelian said:

That is not what I said.

I said, the GTX lineup was created mainly for playing games and recommending a 750Ti for watching videos is a really terrible recommendation.

Right now we are at a point, where an integrated GPU can drive resolutions of up to 4K and probably even higher if you got more than one output.

*thud*

Have you watch YouTube videos using both? Or a duel monitor setup? Or used editing software? Or had to have multiple applications going?

Guess what I'm saying is if you want to challenge my experiences, please provide yours.

1 minute ago, Ramamataz said:

Just get her a GT 730. That's enough and cheap to have two monitor's running fam.

yes but it gets beat out by a skylake on board graphics 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

6 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

It runs like sh*t. Even low-end gpus can't handle dual monitors.

what generation of CPU were you referring too. 

Just now, GDRRiley said:

Depends. The Iris uses the CPU Cache which a dedicated graphics card uses it's VRAM.

Just now, GDRRiley said:

Who the hell cares? He's asking for a bloody GPU not a IGPU. GT 730 is fine and works great mate. 

It's a simple card that exists as a little card to help with dual monitors. And maybe play some light games. But other than that it's fine. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Extremely bad xD

I ran my HD4600 for weeks while I saved up for a 980ti. It would cause crashes going from screen to screen. You curser would vanish after crossing over. And forget about transferring applications for one the other.

And yes I had all the old drivers removed and the HD4600 drivers loaded. Ended up disconnecting the second monitor to avoid crashes.

See, that's why when people are say, use integrated graphics, I'm hesitant.

19 minutes ago, thutzell13579 said:

Just get a GT 730. It fits your needs perfectly.