Windows 10 Mobile Insider Topic

GoodBytes

Does the new Instagram app require specific hardware? It won't let me download it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Does the new Instagram app require specific hardware? It won't let me download it.

huh, same thing on my side... Lumia 950 XL

Just now, GoodBytes said:

I just asked Lumia Help on Twitter. I'll suggest it's a store bug.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Hmm .... I don't know what to say. I honestly wish I had a solution for you.

Well the solution for me is to switch to the official release build.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

It works if you do that? But what if I want to be on Release Preview? Oh well. How can I switch back to production?

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

It works if you do that? But what if I want to be on Release Preview? Oh well. How can I switch back to production?

There is an option in setting to revert to production version.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

There is an option in setting to revert to production version.

Even on 10586 branch? I'm on 10586.218

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Even on 10586 branch? I'm on 10586.218

I am not sure. This available on the fast ring.

You may have to factory reset to go back to production.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Wait

UPDATED: If you have previously played DRM-protected content from services like Groove Music, Movies & TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu after updating to this build you might no longer be able to playback content from those services – will instead receive error DRM_E_INVALID_SECURESTORE_PASSWORD(0x8004C029) or DRM_E_DOMAIN_STORE_GET_DATA(0x8004C503). We’re working to have this fixed in the near future.

NNNNNNNooooooooooo..... :(

They have been saying that since the last build.

It is all your fault SansVarnic!!! 'cause it can't be mine! :P

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Wait

:o>:(:(

:ph34r:....

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Wait

It is all your fault SansVarnic!!! 'cause it can't be mine! :P

How can I go back to Production only and fix Instagram?

27 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

You can't! You are cursed for ever!! Even you run at the store and buy an Android phone, you'll power it up, and boom WIndows 10 Mobile Fast Ring release. It will hunt you the rest of your life!!!!

Ok seriously now:

-> Backup all your stuff as you'll need to format your phone.

-> Then download and install on your PC, the Windows Device Recovery Tool (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=525569)

-> Start the program on your PC, and it will tell you to connect your phone. Do so.

-> It will then check your phone, ask you if this is the correct device, and it will download the latest official build (it might get you Windows Phone 8, if your phone initally had that, I am not sure), and it will wipe the phone and install everything back to default.

Once all done, check for update (or upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile if you are back to Windows phone 8), and you are done.

21 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

You can't! You are cursed for ever!! Even you run at the store and buy an Android phone, you'll power it up, and boom WIndows 10 Mobile Fast Ring release. It will hunt you the rest of your life!!!!

Ok seriously now:

-> Backup all your stuff as you'll need to format your phone.

-> Then download and install on your PC, the Windows Device Recovery Tool (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=525569)

-> Start the program on your PC, and it will tell you to connect your phone. Do so.

-> It will then check your phone, ask you if this is the correct device, and it will download the latest official build (it might get you Windows Phone 8, if your phone initally had that, I am not sure), and it will wipe the phone and install everything back to default.

Once all done, check for update (or upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile if you are back to Windows phone 8), and you are done.

But then I won't have music for the rest of the day since Spotify is blocked in my school (I will need to re-download the songs later).

Shit, fuck, fuck, fuck. So I have to restore it to Windows Phone 8.1 and then upgrade to 10 (this only upgrades to 10586.107) and then update to newer 10 (10586 latest).

Yea :-/

I have done it a few days ago, to get the latest firmware for my phone thinking it will help some of my issues (nothing changed, and be able to update the firmware of my dock)

Hopefully you have you have a large monthly bandwidth quota from your ISP.

33 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Yea :-/

I have done it a few days ago, to get the latest firmware for my phone thinking it will help some of my issues (nothing changed, and be able to update the firmware of my dock)

Hopefully you have you have a large monthly bandwidth quota from your ISP.

Where can I get the recovery tool?

Edit: Got it.

I wish i could test the bluetooth function more but i rarely ever used it. My Band is currently paired to the iphone instead. 

5 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

5 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I was able to download it no problem on a Lumia 830 running 14332.1001 :)

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

8 minutes ago, RH00D said:

IDK. Some reviews of the new app are from 640XL and I use 640XL as well so maybe it's an issue with the store.

I'm going back to Official Releases for now. This should fix the issue.

7 hours ago, RH00D said:

Tried again this morning, and yea it works. I guess either it took time to sync all the regional servers with the "unlock" instruction, or a small error that was corrected.

GUYS

On 4/29/2016 at 6:44 PM, AluminiumTech said:

On 4/29/2016 at 6:41 PM, GoodBytes said:

On 4/29/2016 at 7:07 PM, AluminiumTech said:

Why would you want to use the official Instagram app? No swipe/pivot AAANNNNDDD it is ios code that is made into a Windows 10 app. So, it doesn't take advantage of Windows Mobile features. It doesn't look bad but it's annoying, mostly the no pivot is annoying.

6Tag is where it's at. Works well, has pivot, uses a Windows mobile theme.

51 minutes ago, TheCMan said:

GUYS

Why would you want to use the official Instagram app? No swipe/pivot AAANNNNDDD it is ios code that is made into a Windows 10 app. So, it doesn't take advantage of Windows Mobile features. It doesn't look bad but it's annoying, mostly the no pivot is annoying.

6Tag is where it's at. Works well, has pivot, uses a Windows mobile theme.

It doesn't matter. People look for official apps. Heck, many people on Windows Phone (8 and 10), still wants an official YouTube app, even though current alternative one are more feature rich and better, than the official app on Android,and it also looks decent, so that is not even a reason... sooo yea. Anyway, we have it, for those that care, this is great news. We need more.

The biggest win for the platform is Google apps on it: Waze (actually supported), YouTube, Google Drive, Google Play Music, and so on. This will allow people that aren't in the Microsoft ecosystem, to switch to Windows 10 Mobile. Because you have to consider that even if Windows 10 Mobile is so amazing, people on Android, are locked in to Google ecosystem. They can switch to Apple no problem as everything runs there too, but they can't switch to Windows 10 Mobile. While relations between Microsoft and Google are getting better, it is all baby steps.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It doesn't matter. People look for official apps. Heck, many people on Windows Phone (8 and 10), still wants an official YouTube app, even though current alternative one are more feature rich and better, than the official app on Android,and it also looks decent, so that is not even a reason... sooo yea. Anyway, we have it, for those that care, this is great news. We need more.

The biggest win for the platform is Google apps on it: Waze (actually supported), YouTube, Google Drive, Google Play Music, and so on. This will allow people that aren't in the Microsoft ecosystem, to switch to Windows 10 Mobile. Because you have to consider that even if Windows 10 Mobile is so amazing, people on Android, are locked in to Google ecosystem. They can switch to Apple no problem as everything runs there too, but they can't switch to Windows 10 Mobile. While relations between Microsoft and Google are getting better, it is all baby steps.

Yea, I guess my post was more advice. Use 6tag, not Instagram. It's better for a Windows Mobile user.

I'd also suggest using a 3rd party twitter app on Android or Windows Phone. There are some pretty good ones out there.

What is your favorite Twitter app on Windows Mobile that is also on Windows PC?