Windows 10 Mobile Insider Topic

GoodBytes
11 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

One of the reasons I got 640XL :). Battery and Camera are great.

Nah battery is great, the last update broke it and it drains fast.

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm having the exact opposite problem. I'm having too many apps to updates :D. 34 App updates to be precise.

That is fine. It is the language packs being updated for each app

14 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

So I updated my phone, and I noticed something... no more FM Radio. :(

(Lumia 950 XL)

No FM radio on 640 aswell, what the hell... I NEED IT, microsoft sure fucks up the stuff that i use the most.

All this time I thought the camera button on the navigation bar at lockscreen didnt work, turns out you needed to hold it *faceslap*.

I'll test the battery overnight and as for the FM radio ill use this to replace it, works great.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/radio-fm-phone/9wzdncrfhxns

EDIT: Also the battery drain problem seems to be fixed, overnight battery usage was 6-7% instead of the whopping 40-60%

VLC Universal App is coming soon!

It will be available on Windows 10 IoT , XBox One, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows 10.

The devs says that when it will be released, they'll continue to update it possibility weekly adding missing features, to make it feature complete.

albumsdark.jpg

artistselectedlight.jpg

artistselectedlightsnap.jpg

And they say that they will be working on getting Chromecast support as well.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/vlc-media-player-goes-universal-with-windows-10-app-for-pc-mobile-iot-hololens?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+neowin-main+%28Neowin+News%29

More good news.

The smart watch maker VectorWatch (from what I can see, it isn't some crap product, and yes you can apparently buy it in many regions, including Canada and U.S, it isn't some sort of 1-2 region thing), said that it will be now focus on Windows 10 Mobile support seriously.

That is right! They previously had a Windows Phone 8 app, but it was OK, with the occasional crash here and there, but now they said that they are focusing on Windows 10 Mobile, and really wants to provide a quality and FULL featured experience to Windows 10 Mobile users.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-will-platform-going-forward-vector-watch

It looks like that Vector Watch is doing an interesting move, capitalize whatever marketshare it can get on a platform that few are interested. A smart move. A small company, taking advantage of the void, but looks like (so far), dedicated to make something solid. Could it be that its devs are Windows 10 Mobile fans as well? Who knows, but it is great news.

I checked their watches, and looks pretty good in terms of design.

New build for Windows 10 Mobile! (Build 14328).

No actual build log, but based on the Windows 10 Build 14328 blog post from Microsoft, Mobile has mostly bug fixes, and now you no longer need the Insider Preview app. Like Windows 10, it is now in the Settings panel at the same location.

I have been having issues with Bluetooth connectivity and some Windows Phone 8 Apps crashing in the previous build, hopefully this new build will fix these issues.

It is installing now on my phone...

11 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

New build for Windows 10 Mobile! (Build 14328).

No actual build log, but based on the Windows 10 Build 14328 blog post from Microsoft, Mobile has mostly bug fixes, and now you no longer need the Insider Preview app. Like Windows 10, it is now in the Settings panel at the same location.

I have been having issues with Bluetooth connectivity and some Windows Phone 8 Apps crashing in the previous build, hopefully this new build will fix these issues.

It is installing now on my phone...

Isn't there stuff about Windows Ink API in there?

Also is it more stable?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 4/23/2016 at 11:28 PM, AluminiumTech said:

Isn't there stuff about Windows Ink API in there?

Also is it more stable?

More stable, but no Windows Ink API that I can see.

I have Bluetooth issues with my car, which requires a reboot before every trip with the car to make it work, and I lost my FM Radio app, but aside of that I think it is ok.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:45 PM, GoodBytes said:

More good news.

The smart watch maker VectorWatch (from what I can see, it isn't some crap product, and yes you can apparently buy it in many regions, including Canada and U.S, it isn't some sort of 1-2 region thing), said that it will be now focus on Windows 10 Mobile support seriously.

That is right! They previously had a Windows Phone 8 app, but it was OK, with the occasional crash here and there, but now they said that they are focusing on Windows 10 Mobile, and really wants to provide a quality and FULL featured experience to Windows 10 Mobile users.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-will-platform-going-forward-vector-watch

It looks like that Vector Watch is doing an interesting move, capitalize whatever marketshare it can get on a platform that few are interested. A smart move. A small company, taking advantage of the void, but looks like (so far), dedicated to make something solid. Could it be that its devs are Windows 10 Mobile fans as well? Who knows, but it is great news.

I checked their watches, and looks pretty good in terms of design.

I looked at their website, they claim to have a 30 day battery life. This is very promising for me. Though my current watch's (non-smart) battery lasts about 5 years I am hopeful with this company since everything else is 3-5 day battery life expectancy. :)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Microsoft Chefs have just released a new warm, delicious, Windows 10 Mobile and PC build: 14332

To start with Microsoft talks about the "Bug bash" that was breifly talked about before:

The Bug Bash begins!

With this new build today for PC and Mobile – we’re officially kicking off the Bug Bash with Windows Insiders we mentioned last week. Over the course of the next 4 days, we will be publishing multiple Quests inside Feedback Hub that will highlight different areas of the product each day. We will be looking for feedback on each Quest, but you can also just use the parts of Windows and our apps you are most passionate about – the key is just to work together now through Sunday to get the best bug reports possible!

The Quests that you will see for the Bug Bash are not traditional Quests that list steps of trying a feature or scenario out. Many of them are open ended intentionally so that you can perform the steps that come naturally to you in order to finish the Quest and give us feedback on it. Many of them also list more than one scenario that can be tried out to finish the Quest. All the Quests for the Bug Bash will lead back to Feedback Hub so that you can upvote existing feedback or give new feedback based on your experience of completing the Quest. Please make sure to search for existing feedback to upvote before entering a new report.

We are also doing a few different types of Quests:

LIMITED TIME Quests: Quests marked as “LIMITED TIME” will expire within 24hrs of being published so make sure you get to these before the time runs out and they’re replaced with new Quests.

ADVANCED Quests: Quests marked as “ADVANCED” are more technical and may require changing the system configuration on your device and require an understanding on how to revert the changes after the Quest is done. You should only perform Quests that you feel comfortable doing, if something goes wrong you’ll need to be able to troubleshoot how to get back to a good state on your PC.

After you get this new build installed, open up Feedback Hub and get started. We’re REALLY excited about being able to include you for the first time on something that is part of our internal engineering culture at Microsoft. As I’ve been talking to people all week, I keep seeing big smiles and lots of excitement as people talk about how awesome it is to include Insiders as part of our activities. We hope you have fun as well, and send us some great bug reports. For more information on this week’s Bug Bash – see this post in Feedback Hub from Mike Fortin.

What is new on Mobile?

Bug fixes !!!!

BisonOfCourse.jpg

• We’ve made improvements to the share UI for Cortana Reminders. The experience is much more polished now.
  • We fixed an issue where a press and hold on the Camera Quick Action in Action Center wouldn’t do anything. Now it will launch the Camera app.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the Lumia 435, 532, 535 and 540 being unable to take photos with the Camera app.
  • We fixed an issue where typed text would be invisible in Cortana when the OS was set to light mode under Settings > Personalization > Colors.
  • We fixed an issue with the Italian keyboard where certain words would get auto-capitalized after a comma (acting as it would if it was a period instead).
  • Improved the performance of opening Settings > Update & security > For developers.
  • We fixed an issue where Cyrillic characters would be lowercase in list headers (for example, in the All apps list).
  • We fixed an issue where pulling your headphones out to answer a call would result in the music playing out loud once the call had ended.
  • For phones that support adjusting the brightness automatically, this setting will now be enabled by default after a restore or hard reset.
  • You can now set the time for how long it should be for Windows to require you to sign in again via Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options with Windows Hello set up.
  • We fixed an issue that blocked you from renaming your device.
  • We fixed an issue where the Lock screen quick status numbers might appear drawn under the navigation bar.

And the known issues:

• Speech Packs are unable to be downloaded. However, Language Packs for keyboards should download without any issues. We have identified the issue and working to get a fix out as soon as possible.
  • Feedback Hub is not localized and the UI will be in English (U.S.) only even with language packs installed.
  • When you navigate to your camera roll directly from the Camera app, it may crash. To view the photos taken with the Camera app, go directly to the Photos app instead to avoid the crash.
  • You may receive 0x8004C029 errors when attempting to play Groove Music Pass (DRM) content in Groove Music.
  • You may encounter “Can’t Play – Another app is controlling your sound right now. 0xc00d4e85” errors when attempting to play Groove Music Pass (DRM) content in Groove Music.
  • You may see square boxes in certain apps when using some of the new emoji – we’re still getting support for the new emoji added throughout the systems, this will be resolved in a future build.
  • There is a bug we’re investigating that prevents some apps such as Tweetium from launching.
  • Your phone will lock up and reboot when it receives a notification from an app that has “Keep notifications private on the lock screen” turned on under Settings > System > Notifications & actions. This is particularly painful if you have this turned on for the Messaging app and could result in the loss of text messages. If you have this turned on for specific apps – it is recommended you turn it off until we fix this issue.
  • The Settings app may crash when you are re-arranging Quick Actions under Settings > System > Notification & actions. If it does, it could result in one of the Quick Action spots disappearing. If you see this happen, please refrain from changing your Quick Action settings on this build. If you have been impacted by this issue, only a hard reset will revert your Quick Action settings back to default.

Full blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/04/26/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14332/

So it looks like that the Facebook app isn't full featured. It is missing video and audio calling, no ability to view group chats your belong to, and a few other things.

I noticed some issues in continuum with the last insider update (fast). Just minor things at this point like slower response time when opening apps.

Otherwise so far so good. :) 

On the phone side I am happy with the more than polished feel of the mobile OS now. It is quite fluid. I am happy with it.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I had to reset the phone earlier today because of the store update error. now back to installing back all the apps and updates

8 minutes ago, atrash said:

I had to reset the phone earlier today because of the store update error. now back to installing back all the apps and updates

:( 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I still having serious issues with Bluetooth, and I can't play any music acquired or streamed from Groove Music, sometimes answering a phone call turns off the screen and can't turn it back on to end a call or anything, All requiring a reboot of the phone, and Edge often times blocks while loading and I need to reload the page, or reboot the phone to fix it.

Bluetooth sometimes screws up so badly, that I need to restart my car to fix it. So basically you drive on the highway, then it screwed up, because you DARED hit the next track button on your car, and voila, the phone goes ape crazy, and then my car bluetooth goes "screw it! I am done! No more bluetooth for you!", and you have you to switch to FM until you can stop the car, turn it off, reboot the phone, remove the car from bluetooth device list on the phone, turn the car back on, go on the car settings, delete the phone form its bluetooth device there, and reconnect them... Every... freaking... morning... Nice, no?

Aside from that, which makes me want to throw my phone out of the window, everything is nice. Still randomly reboots, but that is probably linked to bluetooth pulling a fits and the phone "BSODs" and reboots on itself. Sooo yea.. Windows 10 Mobile, latest build, its great, I highly recommend it!!!

4a3.gif

9 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

<snip>

Bluetooth sometimes screws up so badly, that I need to restart my car to fix it. So basically you drive on the highway, then it screwed up, because you DARED hit the next track button on your car, and voila, the phone goes ape crazy, and then my car bluetooth goes "screw it! I am done! No more bluetooth for you!", and you have you to switch to FM until you can stop the car, turn it off, reboot the phone, remove the car from bluetooth device list on both phone, turn the car back on, delete the phone there, and reconnect... Every... freaking... morning... Nice, no?

Sorry but I had to laugh at that last part...

But on a serious note, your Bluetooth issue is very odd. I have had no noticeable issue with my cars Bluetooth and my phone with exception of it dialing the wrong number a few times. You may have already done this but have you tried to factory reset then put your phone back onto the fast ring and see if that fixes it? 

On my 925 I had to factory reset 8.1 once because of the same type of issue you are having. That solved it.

Hopes that helps. I know it will be a time burner but it is worth a shot. *shrugs*

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

36 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Sorry but I had to laugh at that last part...

But on a serious note, your Bluetooth issue is very odd. I have had no noticeable issue with my cars Bluetooth and my phone with exception of it dialing the wrong number a few times. You may have already done this but have you tried to factory reset then put your phone back onto the fast ring and see if that fixes it? 

On my 925 I had to factory reset 8.1 once because of the same type of issue you are having. That solved it.

Hopes that helps. I know it will be a time burner but it is worth a shot. *shrugs*

Factory reset was done. Also another issue related to the lovely bluetooth, is that at times, I see my car saying that I received a phone call from Cortana (yes, I need to turn on the compatibility mode, because else it pauses the music, and nothing comes out, and unpauses when it is "done" saying the direction on the turn by turn navigation), but nothing comes out... and this time it is worse, because it doesn't wait for the time to say what it wants to say, and hangs up, no, worst, it stuck.. probably waiting for the car to send back some sort of signal, which in the past build no problem, but now, it just wait until it times out, or me hitting the hang up button on my car.

Anyway, the last 2 builds have been a serious pain for me with my car.

By the way I drive a Honda Civic 2016, and that car support just about everything, including USB flash drive music playing, Android Auto, Apple Car, and of course, and Bluetooth for "legacy phones", such as flip phones, oh and Windows 10 Mobile devices, of course, 'cause Microsoft clearly never heard of MirrorLink after all these years. Like when  Symbian phones supports this... you know it is bad to have not support. And I don't care, don't give me special UI like Apple Car, and Android Auto, give me continuum it will do just fine, as programs only starts in full screen. But nope!. So, no car support for me. Guys, can you please push this? Like you'll all thank your current effort, and pushing other to do so as well, for when you'll get your car. And trust me, this is not a "fancy car" feature. I won't be surprised if in a few years, the most low end car model without A/C will manage to have this feature.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Factory reset was done. Also another issue related to the lovely bluetooth, is that at times, I see my car saying that I received a phone call from Cortana (yes, I need to turn on the compatibility mode, because else it pauses the music, and nothing comes out, and unpauses when it is "done" saying the direction on the turn by turn navigation), but nothing comes out... and this time it is worse, because it doesn't wait for the time to say what it wants to say, and hangs up, no, worst, it stuck.. probably waiting for the car to send back some sort of signal, which in the past build no problem, but now, it just wait until it times out, or me hitting the hang up button on my car.

Anyway, the last 2 builds have been a serious pain for me with my car.

By the way I drive a Honda Civic 2016, and that car support just about everything, including USB flash drive music playing, Android Auto, Apple Car, and of course, and Bluetooth for "legacy phones", such as flip phones, oh and Windows 10 Mobile devices, of course, 'cause Microsoft clearly never heard of MirrorLink after all these years. Like when  Symbian phones supports this... you know it is bad to have not support. And I don't care, don't give me special UI like Apple Car, and Android Auto, give me continuum it will do just fine, as programs only starts in full screen. But nope!.

Hmm .... I don't know what to say. I honestly wish I had a solution for you.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER