Resolution or functionality problem on mobile website on the LG E400 smartfone

manofsteel

During usage of my LG E400 it was observed that the Mobile Version of LInusTechTips Forums Website has no login button or create new Topic button which leaves the user in the situation that he can not access all the features of the forum from this particular device. The source of the problem can be resolution of device.

Steps:

# Get LG E400

# Turn on G3 transfer or WiFi

# Search for LinusTechTips Forum

# Access it

# Pay attention to place where there should be Login Button or Create new Topic button

Results:

None of mentioned buttons exist or are visible

thats all :P

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

Can you post pic? Also remember to say which browser you use. It works fine with Firefox on my S5.

Start new topic button missing sounds really weird as its big orange button above topic listing of each subforum. Login I can understand if you don't see button for accessing menu at top right corner.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

27 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Can you post pic? Also remember to say which browser you use. It works fine with Firefox on my S5.

Start new topic button missing sounds really weird as its big orange button above topic listing of each subforum. Login I can understand if you don't see button for accessing menu at top right corner.

Yea sorry about that its a next browser (srsly its the name of it) its some chinese one i think cuz this device has old version of OS (2.3.6 Andro) and thats the most functional one i can afford. about pick thou maybe i will post it soon.

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

okay i cant get the screen cuz my old smartphone does not have the function to capture the screenshot (or the combination of buttons is weird lel) sowwy

It sounds like your browser doesn't support some of the standards required to display the site. Please use Google Chrome or another modern browser instead.

HTTP/2 203

8 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It sounds like your browser doesn't support some of the standards required to display the site. Please use Google Chrome or another modern browser instead.

My thoughts exactly. Another Dolphin like browser.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

so give me better phone for it :> joke aside if i could i would do it long ago but even with this crappy browser i got sometimes crashes or low performance so i guess i need to deal with it. Btw old version of the site worked perfectly maybe you can make an array of exceptions in javascript to browse the old website on low end smartphones with 3 th party browsers . Think about it ^^

10 minutes ago, manofsteel said:

so give me better phone for it :> joke aside if i could i would do it long ago but even with this crappy browser i got sometimes crashes or low performance so i guess i need to deal with it. Btw old version of the site worked perfectly maybe you can make an array of exceptions in javascript to browse the old website on low end smartphones with 3 th party browsers . Think about it ^^

There is no other site that can be displayed - there was a back end change as well as UI, so the old mobile version doesn't work. I'd suggest trying Chrome - it might work better than you're expecting.

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

There is no other site that can be displayed - there was a back end change as well as UI, so the old mobile version doesn't work. I'd suggest trying Chrome - it might work better than you're expecting.

its not about working properly its about workin at all my OS version is too old for chrome :P

EDIT:
Just checked on gp store and it says that my device dont support this version of google chrome :P

22 minutes ago, manofsteel said:

its not about working properly its about workin at all my OS version is too old for chrome :P

EDIT:
Just checked on gp store and it says that my device dont support this version of google chrome :P

Unfortunately, that means that there's nothing we can do I'm afraid.

HTTP/2 203

18 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Unfortunately, that means that there's nothing we can do I'm afraid.

I guessed that too but that is a nice chunk of experience thou. Next time before changin ui and stuff please consider fact that there are still ppl using some 3rd party browser on old phones :P.