Should I get Davinci Resolve 12 (lite version)

Maximoose

I would jump on this and get it, but my laptop is not very powerful on the graphics end, despite its i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM and an PCI SSD, it only has Intel 5500 graphics. While you may be thinking "well you won't be able to have perfectly smooth scrubbing on the timeline and lightning fast render times" and from your multiple graphics cards in SLI standpoint, not having that kind of performance would render the software unusable. I am not looking for that kind of performance, I just want it to be usable (my opinion of usable) in the slightest. Should I get it, will my computer be able to handle it? And I will only be editing in 1080p, not 4K.

Thanks, any help is appriciated.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

You know you can download the free version from: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

and try it out yourself and see how it runs on your system. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

8 hours ago, ionbasa said:

You know you can download the free version from: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

and try it out yourself and see how it runs on your system. 

I know, that's what I am getting

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)