ESXi Issues

====Posted in Troubleshooting also====

====Sorry, still trying to figure out this forum====

Hey,

My name is Blake. Currently the company I am working for is wanting to move from XenServer to VMware. I have it set up currently in a lab environment to try to make sure exporting from XenServer and importing to VMware is going to work the way I want it too since we are doing the move on Easter weekend. I was able to connect to VSphere just fine the other day and now I'm getting an error stating it's not able to connect do to a timeout issue. I have rebooted both the server and laptop I am working with and they are on the management VLAN I created. 

Anyone know any thing to fix this? I could also just fresh install the ESXi install.

Are you able to connect to it via the web interface? What happens when you run the network tests from the console (i.e. hook up a crash cart to the server)?

-KuJoe

I am not able to access it from the web interface. I can ping to the server from the laptop and from the server to the laptop..also from the ESXi server to the XenServer. But can't connect to the ESXi server from the VSphere interface or web interface.

Hook up a monitor and keyboard (or use the remote management port if available) and see what the screen says. If you're able to login to the console then you should be able to do some basic troubleshooting or at least see any errors when it boots up.

-KuJoe

I have no idea what the issue was. It works perfectly fine now. I literally only walked away from it for like 10-15 minutes and went to the 1st floor to see how things were going and came back up and it started connecting again.