Playstation 4 Delayed Until Feb. 22nd 2014, For Japan

EChondo

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/09/ps4-delayed-until-2014-in-japan/

Although Sony is a Japanese company, Japanese consumers won’t be able to buy a PS4 until February 22nd, 2014 the company announced Monday.

According to Sony, the launch is being pushed back in order to have more Japanese-specific games ready when the system goes on sale.

Sony is also focusing on its North American audience and attempting to avoid supply issues during the holiday season.

“We had a tough experience of supply not meeting demand at an early stage of introduction for PS2 and PS3,” Sony president and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment said, according to Bloomberg. “This time, we want to avoid that happening again. We want to launch it when we can meet the volume.”

The February 22nd launch in Japan coincides with the release of Dynasty Warriors 8 and Yakuza Restoration on the PS4.

The Japanese PS4 will come with a free download of Mark Cerny’s new game, Knack—one of the best looking games announced so far for the next-gen console.

Omg, well that sucks for our Japanese friends!

At least the PS4 will be releasing in Japan earlier than the Xbone  :P

I didn't expect that, will be waiting a long time for people wanting to do that console upgrade.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Apparently, from what I been hearing, its for the development of more japanese focused games... meanwhile they get the vita tv and new vita and we don't...

Edit: just read your post... apparently I'm correct O.o

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

Sony is a Japanese company, correct?

So Sony are releasing a Japanese product in Japan AFTER it's released in the rest of the world. I do not understand this.

I don't see why the need to release games together with the console. Just release the console and wait for the games to be released.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

That's quite a long time to be waiting for a console. Maybe time to get a PC?

they should have done that 10 years ago,,,lol :P

PC Gaming forever...