Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I was just wondering , by how much would my performance increase if i put in a secondary 8 gig 1866 MHz ram in my system? 
Answers in FPS is much appreciated.
here are my current specs

 

MSI- A68HM-E33-V2

Kingston Hyper X Fury 8 gig RAM 1866MHz
AMD 7700K Black Ed. 3.4 GHz apu

PLEASE DONT TELL ME TO BUY A 2133MHz RAM or even 2444MHz
i dont have enough money and my MOBO doesnt support it.
Graphs will be good too.
Please if if you have any recommendations  that would not cost me over $50-$70
and if you are recommending give me the data that proves you are right

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HERO CODIZAL said:

I was just wondering , by how much would my performance increase if i put in a secondary 8 gig 1866 MHz ram in my system? 
Answers in FPS is much appreciated.
here are my current specs

 

MSI- A68HM-E33-V2

Kingston Hyper X Fury 8 gig RAM 1866MHz
AMD 7700K Black Ed. 3.4 GHz apu

PLEASE DONT TELL ME TO BUY A 2133MHz RAM or even 2444MHz
i dont have enough money and my MOBO doesnt support it.
Graphs will be good too.
Please if if you have any recommendations  that would not cost me over $50-$70
and if you are recommending give me the data that proves you are right

 

 

quick and blunt answer: it won't.

 

There will be a few occasions where it may (like in a game which requires memory leaks for it to run)

 

but if you want FPS increase, RAM is not the way to go - especially if you already have 8GB.


Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Link to post
Share on other sites

DDR3 RAM at this point is so cheap that speed should hardly be a factor anymore. Unless you live in a country where it's still inexplicably expensive.

To be honest, your APU can only allocate so much of that memory as VRAM so if the extra RAM is the same speed it won't make a difference in framerates.
 


You have been visited by the Internet Fox Loli of Level1Techs. Fluffy, warm hugs will come to you, but only if you post " ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(𝓟𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓦𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓵)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-." in this thread.

 

My main machine:

Spoiler

Laptop Monster:
Lenovo X1 Carbon 2017; i7-7500U - 16GB 1333MHz LPDDR3 - AMD R9 Nano (Through Thunderbolt) - Toshiba RD400 256GB SSD

Cardboard 2.7:

Xeon 1230, MSI B75M-E33 - 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 - Fractal Design Edison 450W (80+ Gold) - MSI 1050Ti OC

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iWearKiltz said:

quick and blunt answer: it won't.

 

There will be a few occasions where it may (like in a game which requires memory leaks for it to run)

 

but if you want FPS increase, RAM is not the way to go - especially if you already have 8GB.

To pick you up on a point there - APUs are one of the rare instances where RAM actually massively affects framerates, because the speed of your system memory is the speed of your VRAM.


You have been visited by the Internet Fox Loli of Level1Techs. Fluffy, warm hugs will come to you, but only if you post " ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(𝓟𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓦𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓵)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-." in this thread.

 

My main machine:

Spoiler

Laptop Monster:
Lenovo X1 Carbon 2017; i7-7500U - 16GB 1333MHz LPDDR3 - AMD R9 Nano (Through Thunderbolt) - Toshiba RD400 256GB SSD

Cardboard 2.7:

Xeon 1230, MSI B75M-E33 - 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 - Fractal Design Edison 450W (80+ Gold) - MSI 1050Ti OC

Link to post
Share on other sites

you double the bandwidth.how much of thats translates into igpu performance?idk 

the apu is weak anyway dont expect miracles

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KemoKa said:

To pick you up on a point there - APUs are one of the rare instances where RAM actually massively affects framerates, because the speed of your system memory is the speed of your VRAM.

I still believe at 8GB and the speed of the RAM, this will have little effect.

 

I don't, and have never had, an APU so I can't confirm.


Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, s3ns3 said:

you double the bandwidth.how much of thats translates into igpu performance?idk 

the apu is weak anyway dont expect miracles

im expecting atleast +5 FPS

is it realistic?

im pretty satified playing at low settings @ 720 p

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iWearKiltz said:

I still believe at 8GB and the speed of the RAM, this will have little effect.

 

I don't, and have never had, an APU so I can't confirm.

True, true, you're still correct - in this instance, it likely won't make a difference, because all he's doing is adding more RAM of the same speed. who knows, though - dual-channel may help quite a bit.


You have been visited by the Internet Fox Loli of Level1Techs. Fluffy, warm hugs will come to you, but only if you post " ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(𝓟𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓦𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓵)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-." in this thread.

 

My main machine:

Spoiler

Laptop Monster:
Lenovo X1 Carbon 2017; i7-7500U - 16GB 1333MHz LPDDR3 - AMD R9 Nano (Through Thunderbolt) - Toshiba RD400 256GB SSD

Cardboard 2.7:

Xeon 1230, MSI B75M-E33 - 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 - Fractal Design Edison 450W (80+ Gold) - MSI 1050Ti OC

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HERO CODIZAL said:

im expecting atleast +5 FPS

is it realistic?

im pretty satified playing at low settings @ 720 p

I think that's reasonable. Can you OC the ram any? The sweet spot seems to be @2133

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, KemoKa said:

DDR3 RAM at this point is so cheap that speed should hardly be a factor anymore. Unless you live in a country where it's still inexplicably expensive.

To be honest, your APU can only allocate so much of that memory as VRAM so if the extra RAM is the same speed it won't make a difference in framerates.
 

im expecting at-least +5 FPS

is it realistic?

im pretty satisfied playing at low settings @ 720 p

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, Alexokan said:

I think that's reasonable. Can you OC the ram any? The sweet spot seems to be @2133

I dont know how to overclock my ram. but my mother board can support 2133. only if OC'ed
and to be honest even if im a COMPUTER ENGINEER i dont know how it works

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

try to OC your RAM a bit "higher" (slower would be the right term, but you could misunderstood this, slower timings = "higher" digit ) timings and mor clock speed could give a bit more performance for your graphical unit of the APU. A second RAM stick could actually give a bit more performance if you use only one stick at the moment because your APU support dual channel RAM.

 

If you have a good cooling go and OC your APU.

 

PS: Your MB support OC'd RAM with max 2133MHz clock speed

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KemoKa said:

True, true, you're still correct - in this instance, it likely won't make a difference, because all he's doing is adding more RAM of the same speed. who knows, though - dual-channel may help quite a bit.

I didn't catch whether or not if he has 1x8GB or 2x4GB. But this is a suggestion he should maybe take into account


Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HERO CODIZAL said:

im expecting at-least +5 FPS

is it realistic?

im pretty satisfied playing at low settings @ 720 p

 

Turns out that both memory speed and dual-channel have a massive effect on framerates. Have a look at the numbers here. I'd expect your numbers to get somewhere in between these two if you were to run GTA V.


You have been visited by the Internet Fox Loli of Level1Techs. Fluffy, warm hugs will come to you, but only if you post " ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(𝓟𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓦𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓵)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-." in this thread.

 

My main machine:

Spoiler

Laptop Monster:
Lenovo X1 Carbon 2017; i7-7500U - 16GB 1333MHz LPDDR3 - AMD R9 Nano (Through Thunderbolt) - Toshiba RD400 256GB SSD

Cardboard 2.7:

Xeon 1230, MSI B75M-E33 - 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 - Fractal Design Edison 450W (80+ Gold) - MSI 1050Ti OC

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, iWearKiltz said:

I didn't catch whether or not if he has 1x8GB or 2x4GB. But this is a suggestion he should maybe take into account

sir i have a single ram right now im sorry i totally forgot to put it in

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, KemoKa said:

 

Turns out that both memory speed and dual-channel have a massive effect on framerates. Have a look at the numbers here. I'd expect your numbers to get somewhere in between these two if you were to run GTA V.

they used 2400 mhz there.
ive already veiwed that for resaerch before asking here. my plan is to buy 1866MHz. and it has a much better apu
my friend has the same build as mine and He used a gskill 2400MHz ram and his system is unstable he had to sell them rams and buy a dual channel 1600MHz

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HERO CODIZAL said:

I dont know how to overclock my ram. but my mother board can support 2133. only if OC'ed
and to be honest i dont know how it works

 

Than watch some YT videos and good reviews about your RAM (with OC potential informations) you could just try out if you RAM can handle the settings in this reviews.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, Narnash said:

Than watch some YT videos and good reviews about your RAM (with OC potential informations) you could just try out if you RAM can handle the settings in this reviews.

i tried to find everything in youtube sir, i wouldnt be asking Knowledgable people like you if i have found the answer.
I mean People dont use MY APU ahaha IDK why its pretty cheap for the performance it gives and i dont see any people doing videos with 1866 ram bundled with my APU.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, Narnash said:

try to OC your RAM a bit "higher" (slower would be the right term, but you could misunderstood this, slower timings = "higher" digit ) timings and mor clock speed could give a bit more performance for your graphical unit of the APU. A second RAM stick could actually give a bit more performance if you use only one stick at the moment because your APU support dual channel RAM.

 

If you have a good cooling go and OC your APU.

 

PS: Your MB support OC'd RAM with max 2133MHz clock speed

ILL buy a 2133 and give my system more juice once i actually FINISH this engineering program and grab a job .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×