UK v US video ports

saladcrack

I am wondering if there is a difference in the video output/input ports in the US and UK, I am planning to buy a R9 390 and use it in America for a few months and then take it to England for college.  Can anyone tell me if there will be a problem with the video ports of the card?  As in the compatibility to UK TVs or monitors.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Just now, Gamessys said:

I am wondering if there is a difference in the video output/input ports in the US and UK, I am planning to buy a R9 390 and use it in America for a few months and then take it to England for college.  Can anyone tell me if there will be a problem with the video ports of the card?  As in the compatibility to UK TVs or monitors.

I thought it was all the same? What port exactly?

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Wouldnt be a problem. Ports on things like gpus are international standards so they are the same everywere and will

work fine. 

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

Just now, ★ Coups ★ said:

I thought it was all the same? What port exactly?

Just the VGA, DVI, HDMI etc etc on the graphics card.  My brother seemed to have a problem taking an Xbox One over to the UK so he ended up buying one over there so I thought it might be a problem.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Just now, Mystic Mistro said:

Wouldnt be a problem. Ports on things like gpus are international standards so they are the same everywere and will

work fine. 

But what about on TVs and monitors sold in the UK, will they be able to connect fine through VGA or DVI or HDMI etc etc?

Just now, Gamessys said:

But what about on TVs and monitors sold in the UK, will they be able to connect fine through VGA or DVI or HDMI etc etc?

Yes mate. Its all the exact same. The only difference is the voltage and frequency of power but I cant imagine that would effect anything.

Again, I may be incorrect on this, and uneducated.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Just now, ★ Coups ★ said:

Yes mate. Its all the exact same. The only difference is the voltage and frequency of power but I cant imagine that would effect anything.

Again, I may be incorrect on this, and uneducated.

Ok thanks

6 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

I wouldn't see it making a difference either, I know people in the UK that have ordered GPU's from the US on Newegg etc and have them work absolutely fine :)

you will be fine as long as you get a proper uk plug for your PSU and not use an adapter you should be fine PAL and NTSC have not been a factor since like CRT tvs simply because of the plugs used but now with HDMI DP hell even DVI and VGA theres no problem

I lurk a lot

17 hours ago, Gamessys said:

If they have the port on them it will be fine. The outputs on TVs and monitors are international standards hence they are the same around the world..like DDR3 RAM its the same were ever you buy it. 

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

20 hours ago, Gamessys said:

Just the VGA, DVI, HDMI etc etc on the graphics card.  My brother seemed to have a problem taking an Xbox One over to the UK so he ended up buying one over there so I thought it might be a problem.

This might be because of the plugs and outlets there, if that is the case he could've just gotten another power brick instead of a whole box.

Power will not be an issue nonetheless for a graphic cards, 8-pin will be 8-pin no matter where. HDMI is HDMI. USB is USB. Do make sure your PSU is compatible overseas, you might just need to get a new power cable to plug in an outlet there. 

23 hours ago, Josephdalepi said:

there is no difference

that would be just stupid

Lol. I could imagine the USA to UK vga cables connected to UK vga to RUS HDMI adapters connected to god knows what. That'd be fun

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

1 hour ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Lol. I could imagine the USA to UK vga cables connected to UK vga to RUS HDMI adapters connected to god knows what. That'd be fun

oh god

europe is still using vga, america illegalizes everything but hdmi

japan has started using optical, but it red shifts the mechs theyre building

it is

The Format War

On 2/16/2016 at 3:28 PM, Josephdalepi said:

25 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

oh god

europe is still using vga, america illegalizes everything but hdmi

japan has started using optical, but it red shifts the mechs theyre building

it is

The Format War

Kek.

Damn broken text editor.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

1 hour ago, FruitBasketSilex said:
6 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Kek.

Damn broken text editor.

i know what you mean

6 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

i know what you mean

xD

Spoiler