Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

K0MP4CT

So my friend uses an AMD CPU and of course the cooler is loud as...bread. I told him if he buys a new cooler I'll install it for him. I looked at the Hyper 212 Evo, no doubt it'll be a good cooler, however, is it quiet? Doesn't need to be silent, just quiet enough that HIS MICROPHONE doesn't pick it up. Also, will it fit the Corsair SPEC-03 case?

Update: I checked and it will fit the case. He isn't planning any overclocking, so perhaps a smaller and cheaper fan would still do the job for the AMD FX-6350?

It's fairly quiet, if there's other fans in the case you won't notice the sound of the EVO's fan over top of the other fans(unless you put it at full speed maybe).

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

That EVO will be fine :) I had a FX6300 and it was quiet on it without overclocking it

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

It's fairly quiet, if there's other fans in the case you won't notice the sound of the EVO's fan over top of the other fans(unless you put it at full speed maybe).

What about the Hyper 103? Is that good enough to cool that specific CPU and remain quiet?

try to find something a bit lower profile like a geminII, the hyper 212 evo doesn't fit very well in the spec 03. in fact the max cooler height is 157mm and the hyper 212 is 159mm. also it is an absolute bitch to mount

Got an RC? head over to The Rc Thread and tell us about it, or you can just discuss rc in general there as well.

overly obsessed with 2 strokes and RCs

BRAAAAAAPPP

Spoiler

upgrading to:i5 6600k|MSI  z170a SLI Plus|1x8GB HYPERX Black| keeping the rest of my system the same for a few months until i have enough money for a better gpu,psu and an m.2 ssd

Spoiler

my baby:2008 Ktm 125 sx 

Spoiler

current rig:core 2 quad q6600@stock|asus p5q deluxe| 4GB of mix matched ddr2| saphirre r9 270x dual x| hyper212 evo w/ 2 sp120s| corsair cx 500m ikr time bomb| wd blue 1TB| corsair spec- 03|MSX home 64bit|

No clue, the only air cooler I've used in the past decade is the 212 EVO.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, djsoggy1234 said:

try to find something a bit lower profile like a geminII, the hyper 212 evo doesn't fit very well in the spec 03. in fact the max cooler height is 157mm and the hyper 212 is 159mm. also it is an absolute bitch to mount

Hyper 103?

3 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

Hyper 103?

have a look at the GeminII S524 Ver.2. for the price it's pretty cool(stop me now pls)

Got an RC? head over to The Rc Thread and tell us about it, or you can just discuss rc in general there as well.

BRAAAAAAPPP

Spoiler

upgrading to:i5 6600k|MSI  z170a SLI Plus|1x8GB HYPERX Black| keeping the rest of my system the same for a few months until i have enough money for a better gpu,psu and an m.2 ssd

Spoiler

Spoiler

current rig:core 2 quad q6600@stock|asus p5q deluxe| 4GB of mix matched ddr2| saphirre r9 270x dual x| hyper212 evo w/ 2 sp120s| corsair cx 500m ikr time bomb| wd blue 1TB| corsair spec- 03|MSX home 64bit|

Just now, djsoggy1234 said:

have a look at the GeminII S524 Ver.2. for the price it's pretty cool(stop me now pls)

It does but honestly if this Hyper 103 will work then that'll be the choice, so yes or no?

Just now, K0MP4CT said:

It does but honestly if this Hyper 103 will work then that'll be the choice, so yes or no?

yes, but you could still go with the 212 evo as it will fit in the case but the side panel will sit funny at the top, it's not noticeable at all 

BRAAAAAAPPP

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The 212 Evo isn't a loud cooler. The Hyper 101 would work but the Pure Rock is significantly better for not much more: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've used the Hyper 212 Evo and also the smaller Cooler Master TX3. Both are super quiet when the fans are low, but can get loud if you turn up the fans.

I don't think I've ever seen the fans on my 212 ever go above 40%.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers