Asus Sabertooth Z77 Assist fans

I am looking to purchase a Sabertooth Z77 I will be over clocking my CPU. I was wondering does anyone own a Z77 Sabertooth board and have had noise problems with the fans. Or if you are not running the fans are you experiencing any heat problems? Should i be looking to get better 50mm fans for the board? I am looking for a cool and quiet PC.

Any feedback is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Sabertooth Z77 and the assist fans, especially the one on the top, are louder than everything else in my system combined. Even at low RPM they are loud. I disconnected the top one and it has only made a marginal temperature difference on the other components, I have 4x200mm fans in my case so there is a lot of airflow in general.

Well here is how I set up my assist fans (I never hear them). You can also allow fans to stop/start spin at 0C - 75C. Minimum 40%.

Edit: If you have good airflow in your case those assist fans won't make any real difference and at high rpm those fans will make your ears bleed.

post-748-13667861998317_thumb.jpg

post-748-13667861998578_thumb.jpg

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

• 4 years later...
On 3/10/2013 at 9:09 AM, Jozi said:

Well here is how I set up my assist fans (I never hear them). You can also allow fans to stop/start spin at 0C - 75C. Minimum 40%.

Edit: If you have good airflow in your case those assist fans won't make any real difference and at high rpm those fans will make your ears bleed.

post-748-13667861998317_thumb.jpg

post-748-13667861998578_thumb.jpg

Tried your setup the sound stopped !! it was very frustrating before ...now i did tried your method and now am peacefully play my games <3 Thank you !!