Photoshop for cheap

Clanscorpia

I finally got a nice camera and I need some software to edit my photos and the Canon guidebook I have recommends Photoshop. Is it possible to get it and elements for under or around $30-40 Canadian? I'm not willing to spend that much for that software. Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

2 minutes ago, Hman1250 said:

G2A?

nope

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

4 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I finally got a nice camera and I need some software to edit my photos and the Canon guidebook I have recommends Photoshop. Is it possible to get it and elements for under or around $30-40 Canadian? I'm not willing to spend that much for that software. Thanks!

you can make accounts for 30 day trials for cc

I think cs4 is free now

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Why not get the Lightroom + Photoshop CC photographer's subscription.

Lightroom is good for 95% of photo editing, and it also manages your photo library.  And Lightroom integrates well with Photoshop.

This is my photography workflow:

• Connect memory card to computer
  • Open Lightroom catalogs (I make one catalog for each year)
  • Import images from memory card and organized by camera type, Year-Month-Day
  • Do a quick run through to check which photos I keep and which I will discard
  • Fill in any necessary metadata and tags
  • Edit my selection
  • If I need to work with layers or do some very advanced stuff like panoramas and photo stitching, I just select the photos in Lightroom and right click/edit in Photoshop.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

You can use Nikon's ViewNX2 while you save up for something such as Lightroom.  That's what I did.  Lightroom is sooo much better than ViewNX2 but it worked for the time I used it.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

3 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

you can make accounts for 30 day trials for cc

I think cs4 is free now

CS4 is not free.

If you have a Mac, get Affinity Photo - it's like PS-CS6 but cheaper and better.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

2 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Why not get the Lightroom + Photoshop CC photographer's subscription.

Lightroom is good for 95% of photo editing, and it also manages your photo library.  And Lightroom integrates well with Photoshop.

That $120 per year

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

2 minutes ago, Aruxx said:

You can use Nikon's ViewNX2 while you save up for something such as Lightroom.  That's what I did.  Lightroom is sooo much better than ViewNX2 but it worked for the time I used it.

Yep, Nikon's View NX is an entry level step before going to Lightroom/Photoshop or Capture One or DxO Optics Pro.  Except the OP has a Canon camera.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

Yep, Nikon's View NX is an entry level step before going to Lightroom/Photoshop or Capture One or DxO Optics Pro.

I have the Canon editing software that comes with the Rebel T3. Will that work for a bit?

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

That $120 per year

You can also buy Lightroom for a stand alone license instead of subscription.

Unfortunately none of the good software come cheap.  You can try using Adobe CS2 which Adobe has made it completely free, but I don't think it will support your camera's RAW file.

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

I have the Canon editing software that comes with the Rebel T3. Will that work for a bit?

Yes that will work too.

@Clanscorpia By the way, if you plan to use those photo editing software, shoot RAW.  I don't really see any point in shooting JPEG and using any other software than Photoshop which can work with layers for creating composite images.  JPEG throws away a lot of image data that programs like Lightroom find very useful.

Just now, ALwin said:

@Clanscorpia By the way, if you plan to use those photo editing software, shoot RAW.  I don't really see any point in shooting JPEG and using any other software than Photoshop which can work with layers for creating composite images.  JPEG throws away a lot of image data that programs like Lightroom find very useful.

Ok, I'll change my settings right now :)

Spoiler

AXIOM