Making Home Nas & Xen server, suggestions?

Bacon8tor

So I have been messing around with FreeNAS and Xen Server, and am set on setting up this for simple files small amount of video transcoding if anything. I have some old server components that I was given to by work, and plan to use some then slowly switch it out to newer components. 

Xen Server  - To run 1 windows 7 machine(used for work), 1 CentOS machine for Minecraft Server, and possibly a 1 maybe 2 more machines(I like to test stuff alot) 

• i3-2120 -> came out of a vostros 200 machine (mobo died, tested Proc in another motherboard and it worked fine) 
  • 16 GB ->   Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 16GB (new)
  • ASUS H81M-K LGA 1150 Intel H81 -> not the best mobo, but works for mean time , I would like to get a mobo that has 32GB Ram Capacity (new)

• 550w antec psu
  • used 2u rack mountable case (also got these from work they have no make/model number on them)
  • 8GB Kingston USB drive (Boot Drive) (new)

FreeNAS

• q8400 OC to 3.3Ghz 
  • 8GB of ECC memory ( used from work plan on replacing, it works but has to be quite old) not sure if better to use this or some regular non ecc memory until I can buy some new ECC memory 
  • I cant remember if the mobo is a P5KC or a P5Q , regardless not the best but works great, someone is using it as a PC atm , (upgrading them to a8-7650k, new mobo and ram) 
  • 8gb Kingston drive (boot drive) (new)
  • 550w antec PSU
  • used 2u rack mountable case (also got these from work they have no make/model number on them)
  • Havent decided on the HDD yet , I want around 3-4 TB of storage, would like to do RAID 10 but seems abit to exspensive and I think a RAID 5 would be fine for my needs. Cost on drives I want to keep around $200. 

Like I said the NAS will not be used heavily, I may be able to get another i3-2120 would this perform significantly better than the q8400 ? I am getting more familiar with hardware but there is so much out there , I am prolly over looking something. I am just looking for some suggestions or advice on the equipment. Maybe there is something better out there that I am unaware of, particularly need some good reliable drives that wont break my bank account. 

Thanks for any help/info/suggestions

Bacon8tor 

CPUIntel i5-6600k - Mobo - MSI Z170A M3 Gaming - RAM - 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133 -  GPU - MSI R9 380 4GB    

CASE - Corsair Cube 540  CPU COOLER - Hyper 212 EVO - PSU - EVGA 1050w 

The i3-2120 is requires a LGA 1155 socket MoBo. Hence, your ASUS H81M-K won't work.

If you plan to have RAID 5 you would definitely have to buy a RAID card since your using an i3 processor.

Edited by Aditya_V

Just now, Aditya_V said:

The i3-2120 is requires a LGA 1155 socket MoBo. Hence, your ASUS H81M-K won't work.

If you plan to have RAID 5 you would definitely have to buy a RAID card since your using an i3 processor.

Also, you might wanna get a new MoBo if you plan to use it 24/7.

CRAP!!!! I swear I double checked intel's website, THANKS cant believe, well shoot I ordered that mobo this morning, guess that will have to be returned. Thanks 

I dont plan on running a raid on the Xen server the raid will be on the freeNAS machine , with the q8400 , and I think I have a raid card around here somewhere. 

CPUIntel i5-6600k - Mobo - MSI Z170A M3 Gaming - RAM - 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133 -  GPU - MSI R9 380 4GB    

1 minute ago, MrKickkiller said:

A server is meant to be stable.

Overclocking is going up from stable.

So bring that Q8400 back to stock :P

okey dokey, it was my first actual time overclocking a CPU, no problem to bring it back down. :) 

just some more info I also have 

• 3x e6550
  • 1x E7500

had the thought to buy a dual socket board but wasnt sure that was better than a single quad core. ??