Palit GTX780 SuperJetstream Review.

Hi guys i've recently bought a Gtx 780 From palit, the Super jetstream version. Since i couldn't find any user review on this card a few weeks ago, i've decided to write one!

First: here's the link from palit website:
http://www.palit.biz/palit/vgapro.php?id=2203

Second:Why i bought this card?

I bought this card mainly because i've found it for only 553 euros (in italy everything related to tech is way more expensive than US) 

Third: Review
In the box we found: User Manual, Driver Disc, some power adapters, HDMI-DVI Adapter, DVI-CRT Adapter and some palit stickers. 
The cooler itself feels very durable and premium but after all its just solid plastic with a metal cover in the middle.
Personally i really enjoy the three "Jet designed" fans (80mm-90mm-80mm), they are absolutely outstanding. At low rpm (about 36/37%) the fans are barely hearible  giving a nice airflow and keeping the card very cool (i'll write all the temps later on). As expected from the name of the fans "TurboFan" they blow a ton of air from the exhaust in the back and even around the card itself, i've also had to rearrange my airflow because of that!
The software included for monitoring and overclocking the 780 is called "ThunderMaster". It is not intuitive at all but once you figured it out how it works, its not that bad. You can save profiles (up to 5) adjust the fans, overclock, backup and restore the bios, check the status of the card and even acces the Nvidia control panel. Obviously nothing compared to evga precision or asus Gpu tweak, but it still does the job. I'm not a great overclocker but i've tested out how the card performs even under overclock: i've managed to get +300mHz on the clock without even raise the voltage a bit. I didn't test the memory overclocking and i didn't push the base clock further simply because i wouldn't know how to do it without breaking something :P 

Fourth: Temps!

Ambient temperature: About 25/26°C 

Cpu temperature: 55°C

SB Temperature: 38°C

MB:Temperature 35°C

Idle Fan at 30%: 33°C 91°F

Idle Fan at 50%: 32°C 89°F

Idle Fan at 75%: 31°C 87°F

Idle Fan at 100%:29/30°C 85/86°F

For this tes i've simply hashed for 20 minutes (btw i get 300 mH/s) 

Fan at 40%: 75°C

Fan Auto: 70°C (you can choose the temp target under software)

Fan 100: 59°C

Kombustor 2.5 (Fan Auto)

Physx test: Max temp 70°C 

D3D11 Test: Max temp 73°C

The only thing that pisses me off about this card is the blue led on the fan.... It seems to be on all the time :D

By the way guys I hope you like my first review and please if i've made any mistakes tell me i'm still learning english  ^_^

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

STILL LEARNING ENGLISH  :P  :P  :P

dat looks!

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Great review and cool looking card, it's nice to have some feedback about less 'mainstream' GPUs =P

dat looks!

Great review and cool looking card, it's nice to have some feedback about less 'mainstream' GPUs =P

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! Wow this forum is really really fast as they say eh! :D 

Yeah i'm not very 'mainstream' in my choices ;D 

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

hope you have great time with your new video card man! nice stuff :)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Super sexy!

Enjoy your new GPU ;)

Thank you! 

Any chance we can get a picture with it running?

As soon il get my new fan controller (mine is always 100%)  i'll post a video! 

hope you have great time with your new video card man! nice stuff :)

Thank you! A pretty big step forward from my 4870 :D 

I also have a Palit card, a 550 ti, I hate it, not because of the brand, but because it's a 550 ti xD anyway, great review :)

I also have a Palit card, a 550 ti, I hate it, not because of the brand, but because it's a 550 ti xD anyway, great review :)

hahahahh thanks man!