"hot" tag on topics with over 100 posts is gone

Go to solution Solved by byalexandr,

I think it gets the 'hot' tag when it receives many replies in certain amount of time. I could be wrong though, but that's what I've seen.

Gone for good?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I think it gets the 'hot' tag when it receives many replies in certain amount of time. I could be wrong though, but that's what I've seen.

3 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

you're right, i just noticed that

i guess they changed it

I still think topics with a lot of replies should have something to distinguish them from others, but oh well :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 hours ago, Enderman said:

you're right, i just noticed that

i guess they changed it

I still think topics with a lot of replies should have something to distinguish them from others, but oh well :P

They do - a large number of posts next to them.

The hot tag is I believe given to threads with >10 responses in 15 minutes, though I'm not certain.

HTTP/2 203

58 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

They do - a large number of posts next to them.

The hot tag is I believe given to threads with >10 responses in 15 minutes, though I'm not certain.

Could that be configured? Like 20 posts within 24h or something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Could that be configured? Like 20 posts within 24h or something.

It could be, but I think it's working fine as it is - 20 posts within 24 hours would get something like half the threads on the site.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It could be, but I think it's working fine as it is - 20 posts within 24 hours would get something like half the threads on the site.

I was thinking of situation if topic has been hot sometime between when I was last online and now. How long it has that hot tag, if it requires 10 posts withing 15mins?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Saw a hot topic with like only 10 replies...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list