Good Build or nah?

Flying_Belgian

Heyo, 

So im planning to build my first pc that will cost around 800 euros.

I was wondering if this is a good build, havent build a pc yet so not a 100% sure i made the good decisions for my hardware.

Here is my build up until now:

• Intel core i5 4460
  • XFX radeon r9 380 4GB
  • ASrock z97 anniversary addition
  • A 1 TB HDD from seagate
  • Kingston hyperX fury SSD 120 GB
  • 1 stick of kingston hyperX fury blue ram 8 GB 
  • NZXT S340
  • Cooler master G650M
  • Cooler master hyper 212 evo 

I live in belgium and my budget is around 800 euros, my main reason for building this pc is gaming at 1080p and some light video/photo editing.

I will probably get a second monitor so ill be running a dual monitor setup (both 1080p ).

Thnx if you are answering :) 

Spoiler

Nah, get a H97 board and ditch the cooler for a better power supply since you can't overclock. Also check the prices for the skylake i5s (i5 6500/i5 6400) and see if you can afford them.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Is there no way you can get a Skylake I5 6400 and an equivalent priced motherboard? The difference wont be that big with new parts, about 20€ to 30€ max, unless those are used ones. Also, try to get the highest performance Seagate hard drive, and if you dont mind an extra 10€, a Hybrid hard drive, could boost even more the performance, and you could use your SSD for some priority games. Also if you could, perhaps a Corsair H60 liquid cpu cooler? But your build seems solid for its purpose, especially since your not overclocking it. The gpu is a good choice for 1080P, just dont expect max settings on Crysis 3, Gta V like games with that card alone, with a 2nd monitor especially.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Is there no way you can get a Skylake I5 6400 and an equivalent priced motherboard? The difference wont be that big with new parts, about 20€ to 30€ max, unless those are used ones. Also, try to get the highest performance Seagate hard drive, and if you dont mind an extra 10€, a Hybrid hard drive, could boost even more the performance, and you could use your SSD for some priority games. Also if you could, perhaps a Corsair H60 liquid cpu cooler? But it seems solid for its purpose, especially since your not overclocking it. The gpu is a good choice for 1080P, just dont expect max settings on Crysis 3, Gta V like games with that card alone, with a 2nd monitor especially.

I thought of getting a skylake cpu but didnt really want to go for one because most skylake MOBO's are still very expensive and i think the liquid cooler is way too overkill since im not overclocking. 

I might look into a hybrid, thnx for that idea.

7 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Nah, get a H97 board and ditch the cooler for a better power supply since you can't overclock. Also check the prices for the skylake i5s (i5 6500/i5 6400) and see if you can afford them.

Think ill be sticking with my z97, I took that mobo on purpose so that i can upgrade my cpu in the future if needed/wanted.

What is wrong with the psu? what other psu would you recommend for around 70 - 75 euros?

2 minutes ago, Flying_Belgian said:

Think ill be sticking with my z97, I took that mobo on purpose so that i can upgrade my cpu in the future if needed/wanted.

What is wrong with the psu? what other psu would you recommend for around 70 - 75 euros?

Okay, after looking around that PSU is good, but I would go for a 550W G2/GS since you don't need that much wattage.

And why not go for skylake? 

Pascal laptops guide

4 minutes ago, Flying_Belgian said:

-snip-

Yeah, pretty much the liquid cooler wont be of good use, unless you live in a quite hot place and your computer doesnt have many fans to help with cooling. Well, many motherboards are very expensive but (https://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z170apcmate), for an example that one is just 12$ more expensive, than the 82$ Asrock Z97 Anniversary. But yeah, you just have to feel comfortable about what your getting :p. Ye as for the Hybrid Drive, id suggest Seagate ones, since Western Digital Hybrid ones are SSHD Blues, so not really an SSHD Black xp, and until that, it shouldnt be considered "gaming" oriented, but it will still be on par with Seagate ones, its just that i heard Seagate has better warranty and support services, but im not sure, since ive never owned one :D. Whichever you choose tough, theyr the two most reliable and popular hard drive brands worldwide.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, BigDay said:

get a 4590

eeh, that one is rather pricy, it goes for over 200 euros and thats will get me off my budget ... thnx for suggesting tho.

4 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Okay, after looking around that PSU is good, but I would go for a 550W G2/GS since you don't need that much wattage.

And why not go for skylake? 

oh k lol.

Ill be taking a look at some skylake cpu's and mobo's.

Any suggestions? (Don't know a lot bout the skylake cpu's)

btw im willing to give around 180-190 euro for the cpu and around 70-80 for the mobo.

Just now, Flying_Belgian said:

oh k lol.

Ill be taking a look at some skylake cpu's and mobo's.

Any suggestions? (Don't know a lot bout the skylake cpu's)

btw im willing to give around 180-190 euro for the cpu and around 70-80 for the mobo.

I5 6500 (or a i5 6400 if you can't afford it) and a B150/H150 board, look for a board with 4 RAM slots. If you plan on getting a used/new i7 6700K later on get a Z170 board.

Pascal laptops guide

3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

I5 6500 (or a i5 6400 if you can't afford it) and a B150/H150 board, look for a board with 4 RAM slots. If you plan on getting a used/new i7 6700K later on get a Z170 board.

After looking into it I think ill be sticking to a 5th gen cpu and non skylake mobo because the lowest priced skylake cpu and mobo (that i could find here) will get my whole pc cost up by another ~ 20 euros and then i wouldnt really have enough for my other peripherals (monitor and keyboard) and my windows 10 license (wich i obviously need).

Thnx tho, appreciate it

6 minutes ago, Flying_Belgian said:

After looking into it I think ill be sticking to a 5th gen cpu and non skylake mobo because the lowest priced skylake cpu and mobo (that i could find here) will get my whole pc cost up by another ~ 20 euros and then i wouldnt really have enough for my other peripherals (monitor and keyboard) and my windows 10 license (wich i obviously need).

Thnx tho, appreciate it

I would drop the cooler off, no reason to get it the stock cooler is sufficient, get the cooler later and get a newer CPU now.

Pascal laptops guide