Quantum Break will not be coming to Steam - Windows Store Exclusive

5 minutes ago, pixeldensity said:

Personally for me, using Origin and Uplay has never been a issue for me. It only takes a few seconds of waiting for it to boot up. Buying games and using their library on their platform haven't given any problems yet. The only reason i dont use uplay right now is b/c Ubi hasnt really come out with a game that I want to play. So I really don't mind M$ having their own platform as long as they don't spam me with emails, make their interface hard to use. But that's just me.

Then good news. Windows Store is a fairly simple store layout. And it doesn't need to run to operate the apps.

Once installed, you just run your game like you do with Calculator, or Chrome, or Firefox, or Notepad, and it just runs.

All the game features are in the XBox app, so it is up to you if you want it or not.

You should have no pop-ups or anything. As for sending e-mails, I have never received any marketing e-mail from Microsoft from in store purchases.

I do recall the check box being there when creating my Microsoft account, but it has been a long time. Just make sure it isn't check if you see it. I don't recall Microsoft ever hiding this, or having it checked by default (the check by default is probably to comply with Canadian laws, however).

now i just need:

1. nvidia store that only sells gamework ready titles

2. amd store that only sells games with the colour red on the art cover

3. intel store that only sells games optimised for intel hd graphics

4. VMWare store for games made in virtual machines

5. asus store for games bundled with asus' gpu

i'll take note if anyone else knows of another good store to add

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

If ASUS has a store, you can be sure that Gigabytes and MSI will follow.

But in reality this is good. This is all good, and over time, many will fold. Look at Ubisoft, they folded. All UPlay games are on Steam now. I am sure in a year or so, they'll announce the death of UPlay. It is a question of time for EA to fold their Origin system.

That is how things works. They'll expend, and then be a mess, but it will shrink, and the consumer, despite having too many choices, wins big, and then the dust clears up. We saw this with gaming console ages ago. We have 1 console, than everyone had their own console pretty much, then it shrunk to 2, and now we are 3 big players (but technically more, as you have Shield console, Amazon has one, and you have other smaller players delivering Android games).

18 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

If ASUS has a store, you can be sure that Gigabytes and MSI will follow.

But in reality this is good. This is all good, and over time, many will fold. Look at Ubisoft, they folded. All UPlay games are on Steam now. I am sure in a year or so, they'll announce the death of UPlay. It is a question of time for EA to fold their Origin system.

That is how things works. They'll expend, and then be a mess, but it will shrink, and the consumer, despite having too many choices, wins big, and then the dust clears up. We saw this with gaming console ages ago. We have 1 console, than everyone had their own console pretty much, then it shrunk to 2, and now we are 3 big players (but technically more, as you have Shield console, Amazon has one, and you have other smaller players delivering Android games).

Ubisoft games never left Steam. They never stopped putting games on Steam when UPlay launched, they just made UPlay mandatory no matter where you bought the game.

I'm sure Origin will eventually fold, nothing last forever, but EA's PC revenue (both casual and core) is doing pretty good right now. So barring EA being EA and totally screwing things up it'll be around a while.

There was never really a long term 1 console market. Atari and Nintendo had one for a very short time before the market got flooded with competition. This is especially true if you count computers that were marketed more towards gamers like the C64.

Oh God, I'd be really pissed if Cortana is bugging the shit out of me when playing games off Microsoft store.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

11 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Source : http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/quantum_break_will_not_be_coming_to_steam_-_windows_store_exclusive/1

Source : http://majornelson.com/podcast/mnr-563-quantum-break-news-and-more/

So.... Who made the brilliant idea to make a game Windows Store exclusive?? Who does that?  I'm just waiting for this to not sell at all and then for the devs to go "PC is a dead platform, we won't make a PC version anymore".  There's so much face palm going on here...

thats retarded and all

but it does make me glad i bough a razer blade pro...

5 hours ago, XTankSlayerX said:

As for DirectX, Yeah, it's a necessary move. You have to start some where. But you'll need a 9xx card or better to play it.

No. You'll need a 760. On the AMD side you can apparently get away with using a 260X. Dat Nvidia aging... 

5 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Why is everyone upset though? Its was supposed to be an xbox exclusive to sell the xbox. Now its also Windows 10 exclusive to push people to the new OS. 

When something is even remotely exclusive, its always a carrot on a stick. 

Or you thought Microsoft was finally being good to its promise to PC? You don't know Microsoft... 

So exactly what about this means MS lied? They never once said first party games would be on Steam nor did they ever say they would be on OSes besides Windows 10.

2 hours ago, Sakkura said:

No. You'll need a 760. On the AMD side you can apparently get away with using a 260X. Dat Nvidia aging... 

I can get away with a Mobility Radeon HD5650 (1GB) in Fallout 4, with only the 4GB RAM (3.74GB useable) being the main problem.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

12 hours ago, Derangel said:

I see your point. I guess I just wish things would work in a way where these stores were constantly improving the user experience.

Oh I totally agree with you. Steam has been pretty stagnant with new features/updates for their client/store, Origin has been quite slower but also doesn't have any issues from how much I used it, and Uplay got a major face lift for their client, but the recent use I put into it(Division beta) I never ran into any issues since it really isn't needed, it's just there to start a game and gets out of the way. So I gotta give Ubi props on that one, but I really have no use for it since none of the games I'm playing or interested in are Ubisoft games lol.

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Why is everyone upset though? Its was supposed to be an xbox exclusive to sell the xbox. Now its also Windows 10 exclusive to push people to the new OS. 

When something is even remotely exclusive, its always a carrot on a stick. 

Or you thought Microsoft was finally being good to its promise to PC? You don't know Microsoft... 

I semi-agree with the Xbone guys here, because during the Gamescon 2014 Xbox presentation they said it would be an exclusive on "Xbox"(it should go to the correct time, if not then skip to 52:16): 

I mean, I don't think "exclusively available on Xbox" can be meant in any other way. So it's a little disingenuous to turn around and also release it on PC.

Having said that, it does bother me in some way since I can compare it to if Star Citizen, for some reason, came out and said it's also releasing on consoles. My immediate thought isn't "those dirty peasants" it's "well are they now going to cripple the PC experience to bring it in line with a smoother console release?". But hey that's just my take. I'm assuming very few of the Xbone guys complaining about this are thinking "those PC plebs don't deserve it" but most are probably thinking "well now that it's going to another platform, my console purchase doesn't feel so validated anymore". Which is fine to think that, I certainly wouldn't, but valuing your purchase can be a very sentiment thing for some and not having that "exclusivity" feel is probably why all these people are whining.

But hey, that's what I'm interpreting this as, probably wrong here.

Not this shit again... Ever hear of a calamity called Games for Windows Live?

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

2 hours ago, EChondo said:

Having said that, it does bother me in some way since I can compare it to if Star Citizen, for some reason, came out and said it's also releasing on consoles. My immediate thought isn't "those dirty peasants" it's "well are they now going to cripple the PC experience to bring it in line with a smoother console release?". But hey that's just my take.

I think PC gamers should stop blaming consoles for our problems. There are so many games that are outstanding on PC despite being multiplatform. If it's not the case we should blame the devs, not the consoles.

personally I would like to see Star Citizen come to PS4 and Xbone (prev gen will not be able to run it). More people being able to experience it is a good thing. However they have taken loads of crowd-funding cash promising to make a PC game. So if they divert that cash towards making a console port before delivering the PC version then I think they will face a backlash.

2 hours ago, EChondo said:

I mean, I don't think "exclusively available on Xbox" can be meant in any other way. So it's a little disingenuous to turn around and also release it on PC.

Microsoft can just point to the Xbox app on PC. It's dumb, but it fits with their PR. 

I probably wouldn't mind if Windows store is gonna merge with Xbox store, hopefully moth games are playable on both console and pc platforms. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

2 minutes ago, Lethal Seraph said:

I probably wouldn't mind if Windows store is gonna merge with Xbox store, hopefully moth games are playable on both console and pc platforms. 

It for all practical purposes already has, they just make it easier to find stuff on the xbox store

I dont really care HOW its released, I just care that it IS being released

Microsoft doing this might show other developers that the PC market is important and bring more games to PC

Id happily use the Microsoft store, if I could play all the xbox exclusives on PC

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, Humbug said:

I think PC gamers should stop blaming consoles for our problems. There are so many games that are outstanding on PC despite being multiplatform. If it's not the case we should blame the devs, not the consoles.

personally I would like to see Star Citizen come to PS4 and Xbone (prev gen will not be able to run it). More people being able to experience it is a good thing. However they have taken loads of crowd-funding cash promising to make a PC game. So if they divert that cash towards making a console port before delivering the PC version then I think they will face a backlash.

Yeah good point, it's easy to blame the console side when the dev/pub side is ultimately at fault. I've been boycotting a lot of AAA games as of late because of this too.

As for crowd-funding, I've only ever crowd-funded one game and that's Yooka-Laylee, which at the £175k mark allows a PC(Win/Mac/Linux) release and console releases will come later, but at the £1mill allows all platforms to be released day one. That's a little over five times as much needed for console day one as compared to PC day one. So it takes a lot more money to release on console and if the project isn't budgeted right then something has to suffer, which is really poor decision making on dev/pub part but it's very hard to not blame consoles when it comes to this issue since the PC side is almost always the side that suffers because of this.

44 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Microsoft can just point to the Xbox app on PC. It's dumb, but it fits with their PR. 

Touche. Good point.

I don't really care they already did it with the new version of Minecraft and they are doing it with Fable Legend as well.
That's also why they made the Xbox app for W10 which has friends lists, achievements, game library, and DVR features.
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone as they've made it pretty clear since Windows 10 launch and it's also a good thing as Steam having a monopoly is a bad thing.

RTX2070OC 

On 2/14/2016 at 9:50 AM, Speedbird said:

.....and?

What's wrong with the Windows Store? Both EA and Ubisoft now distribute their titles thorugh their own platform, but when Microsoft does it, everybody loses their minds. It's a Windows 10 exclusive anyway. I get it, you like Steam because of its features, but I'm sure MS will sooner or later make something similar to the exisiting platforms, with a social network, in-game overlay and achievements.

Valid point, but I'd much rather use 1 platform vs 5.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

On 2/14/2016 at 9:39 AM, Samfisher said:

So.... Who made the brilliant idea to make a game Windows Store exclusive?? Who does that?  I'm just waiting for this to not sell at all and then for the devs to go "PC is a dead platform, we won't make a PC version anymore".  There's so much face palm going on here...

Honestly it's not that bad. You ask who does that...Valve does that. Is half life / hl2 / portal / portal 2, available anywhere other than consoles or steam? If you give microsoft shit for it, you also have to give valve shit for it.

14 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

now i just need:

1. nvidia store that only sells gamework ready titles

2. amd store that only sells games with the colour red on the art cover

3. intel store that only sells games optimised for intel hd graphics

4. VMWare store for games made in virtual machines

5. asus store for games bundled with asus' gpu

i'll take note if anyone else knows of another good store to add

Well Apple store

4 minutes ago, Jahramika said:

Well Apple store

that's only on macs and nothing there is exclusive (not even Apple's own iWork)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On February 14, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Speedbird said:

.....and?

What's wrong with the Windows Store? Both EA and Ubisoft now distribute their titles thorugh their own platform, but when Microsoft does it, everybody loses their minds. It's a Windows 10 exclusive anyway. I get it, you like Steam because of its features, but I'm sure MS will sooner or later make something similar to the exisiting platforms, with a social network, in-game overlay and achievements.

Ubisoft uses their own launcher. You can still purchase Ubi titles through Steam.

Now EA... has anyone ever liked Origin?

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

On 2/14/2016 at 4:53 PM, Samfisher said:

And look at how much hate Origin and UPlay get for how terrible they are.  Microsoft aren't know for getting things right the first time round, especially not gaming related things.

except it's not their first time. they have already had a disaster to learn from.

So no one cares when GabeN talks shit about Windows Store, yet people are surprised when Microsoft holds games?

Noice.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha