Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Samfisher

Quantum Break will not be coming to Steam - Windows Store Exclusive

17 minutes ago, Pintend said:

-snip-

16 minutes ago, ivhyn said:

-snip-

I actually tried To put a store app on steam and managed to. It is however very convoluted. Also do note it was just an app, not ROTR so can;t say about games.

I've also read that theres a "fix" for SLI support for ROTR.

About vsync and the such I'm not sure AZs mentioned i don;t have ROTR. so i can't check it out 

12 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Nothing I said was false. It's a DX12 title. DX12 does not run on other OSes. Therefor without other APIs it is exclusive to Windows 10. You spent several extra words saying the exact same thing I did.

DX12 Titles don't have to be DX12 only titles. That's the publisher's and developer's option (i.e. Microsoft). The point is so simple you're just trolling.

-------

Current Rig

-------

49 minutes ago, ivhyn said:

Cannot be added to the Steam game list

actually you can but you gotta do some voodoo magic (really not that hard) just gotta give yourself permission to the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

DX12 Titles don't have to be DX12 only titles. That's the publisher's and developer's option (i.e. Microsoft). The point is so simple you're just trolling.

God forbid I don't add a single fucking word to what I thought would be a painfully obvious statement.

Ok I looked into it.

Steam does not support running Windows 8/10 ModernUI / Universal Apps.

But Windows is not blocking you. For example, you can run Netflix App with:

explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\4DF9E0F8.Netflix_mcm4njqhnhss8!Netflix.App

You can make a workaround to this with Steam. Notice how I added Netflix app to Steam

netflix.png

And yes, hitting "Play" Starts Netflix Universal App. (And yes you can change the icon, Steam allows you to put your own image, I am just lazy, and added explorer.exe, and added as command line " shell:appsFolder\4DF9E0F8.Netflix_mcm4njqhnhss8!Netflix.App ")

So it is possible. Question now is if Valve wants to support this to give an easier time to add them. Seeing nothing was done on Windows 8 and so far Windows 10, probably, they don't care. But, the above is a workaround. Not to hard to do.

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

Everyone yells that such thing are good because steam gets a competitor.

Problem is every single competitor out there is even worse!

I mean valve puts their games on steam, but also allows other devs to put their games on steam.

On the other hand, have you seen games from like indies on uplay or origin? I haven't.

GoG is better.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Is this also a multiplayer? If so then does that mean PC players will need to purchase XBOX Live subscriptions? Good luck MS trying to sell that bullshit to us PC gamers too.

I can see this MS "supporting PC gamers" being a complete clusterfuck.

Just now, C2dan88 said:

Is this also a multiplayer? If so then does that mean PC players will need to purchase XBOX Live subscriptions? Good luck MS trying to sell that bullshit to us PC gamers too.

I can see this MS "supporting PC gamers" being a complete clusterfuck.

The game is singleplayer only.

Source: http://www.quantumbreak.com/faq/will-quantum-break-have-multiplayer/

Considering they are giving a pc and xbox copy bundled together with save sync this seems like an obvious business choice.

I haven't followed the game at all so my only concern is what happens if I buy this game on console get my windows store copy and then trade it in?

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

1 minute ago, Legion said:

Considering they are giving a pc and xbox copy bundled together with save sync this seems like an obvious business choice.

I haven't followed the game at all so my only concern is what happens if I buy this game on console get my windows store copy and then trade it in?

I'm guessing they're going to tie the free windows copy to your gamertag associated Microsoft Account or through a one time use code (<- more likely). So if you trade in the Xbox copy you still retain the Windows copy (What i assume) But i guess we need to see how its handled?

Everything with this makes since. MS is trying to go full support with Win10, they need a major game to draw the gaming community in and start using the store UI, the more that is drawn I the more input they will receive on both the store and DX12.

MS was bound to start doing this at some point. To many people are getting their panties in a bunch over this issue. We all saw this coming guys. Calm down and lets see how this goes. 

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing. ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates.

About Myself: https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

All these people in thread pissed its not on steam, Valve needs to have less control over the pc landscape, not more. It'd be better if it was available on multiple plateforms, such as Origin and Steam, but competition among pc distributors is good

I5-4690k ~ Sapphire+MSI r9 290 CF ~ 16 gigs HyperX Fury

The issue people are having is that every time we want to play a game, we have to download some company's BS proprietary launcher.

The reason it's fine with Valve, and not Microsoft, or EA, or Ubisoft... Is that games from anywhere are sold on steam, not just Valve games, and the delivery platform is their actual product. With something like Origin, it's only EA games, and the platform is just some after-though they put no effort in to. They would never sell a Ubisoft game on their store, so by nature Steam is aiming to be a singular platform that everyone uses, where as Uplay and Origin are just making it so we have to download 9384759834 crappy launchers to play all our games.

Maybe if the Origin and Uplay platforms were actually any good, I wouldn't have as much of an issue. But they're terrible. No back up feature, Origin STILL doesn't have a way to limit its bandwidth usage. They're not trying to make a good platform for people to use, it's just some after-thought that isn't very good that we're being forced to use.

51 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

I never understood why people get so mad when some game is not on Steam. Like really?!
What's wrong with a game even having it's own launcher. Like some MMOs and Blizzard games.

And all EA games and all Ubi games that force uplay now anyway, virtually all mmos, plus there's games you should totally support on GOG and games I genuinely like there. So couldn't agree more.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Makes sense with the whole cross-buy they're going for.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

TL;DR Version of this game?

Never heard about it...

Soft and clean.

I will ignore sites that block adblock, IDC that you can disable and fast-enable it. I will pass. TY.

Specs:

Main PC

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500
RAM: 1x8 GiB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI H110I PRO
GPU: Integrated
Storage: Western Digital WD10EZEX
OS: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bits / Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

"New" Server:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+
RAM: 4 GiB RAM DDR2
Motherboard: Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 + Asrock AM2CPU
GPU: Nvidia FX 5500 256 MiB
Storage: Too many HDDs to list

19 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

The issue people are having is that every time we want to play a game, we have to download some company's BS proprietary launcher.

The reason it's fine with Valve, and not Microsoft, or EA, or Ubisoft... Is that games from anywhere are sold on steam, not just Valve games, and the delivery platform is their actual product. With something like Origin, it's only EA games, and the platform is just some after-though they put no effort in to. They would never sell a Ubisoft game on their store, so by nature Steam is aiming to be a singular platform that everyone uses, where as Uplay and Origin are just making it so we have to download 9384759834 crappy launchers to play all our games.

Maybe if the Origin and Uplay platforms were actually any good, I wouldn't have as much of an issue. But they're terrible. No back up feature, Origin STILL doesn't have a way to limit its bandwidth usage. They're not trying to make a good platform for people to use, it's just some after-thought that isn't very good that we're being forced to use.

Interesting. But the game is found from your Start Menu like all your other software. Just run it there

No?

Ok for those who care, I made a more step-by-step guide on how to add Universal Apps and Windows Store purchased software to Steam, and how to pin Steam game to the Start Menu or Taskbar.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/547779-add-universal-apps-and-purchased-windows-store-games-to-steam-library-and-how-to-pin-steam-games-to-windows-taskbar-and-start-menu/

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

I never understood why people get so mad when some game is not on Steam. Like really?!
What's wrong with a game even having it's own launcher. Like some MMOs and Blizzard games.

It's not specifically the fact that it's not on Steam... It's the fact that I am being forced to use THEIR crappy proprietary launcher.

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Interesting. But the game is found from your Start Menu like all your other software. Just run it there

No?

Cool. So if I'm playing a microsoft game and want to chat with a friend playing an EA game without having to alt+tab out, I can do that? Nope... If I get a gift card for the Microsoft store, I can buy the new Far Cry 4? Nope.. If I get an item drop in a Ubisoft game, I can sell it and buy something in an EA game? Nope... I can set my settings once in a single location and not worry about it anymore? Nope... I need to go set them in each of the 30 proprietary launchers I now have to download.

That's why people love Steam, because the product is the platform for games, and not just THEIR games. Where as EA, Microsoft, and Ubisoft only want to sell their own games, meaning that what they're doing is leading to every company having their own separate launcher, instead of one, unified, convenient place to have all your games.

6 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

Cool. So if I'm playing a microsoft game and want to chat with a friend playing an EA game without having to alt+tab out, I can do that?

You can always ask EA to implement game injection system for other games. For example, Trillian IM (all IMs into 1 software - well used to be, until most IM shutdown or closed their doors to their APIs) do this just fine. So it is totally possible to do. Actually, I think GOG allows you to do this. You can just add all your games to it, and use their chat service. Never tried, but I recall them announcing this with GOG Galaxy.

Nope... If I get a gift card for the Microsoft store, I can buy the new Far Cry 4? Nope..

Yes you can! Ask your friend for a Visa or MasterCard gift card instead, and you can use whatever store you want.

If I get an item drop in a Ubisoft game, I can sell it and buy something in an EA game? Nope... I can set my settings once in a single location and not worry about it anymore? Nope... I need to go set them in each of the 30 proprietary launchers I now have to download.

Or you know... have all your games in the start menu, like the good old days, then never touch Steam, Origin, UPlay, and GOG Galaxy.

That's why people love Steam, because the product is the platform for games, and not just THEIR games. Where as EA, Microsoft, and Ubisoft only want to sell their own games, meaning that what they're doing is leading to every company having their own separate launcher, instead of one, unified, convenient place to have all your games.

That is not true at all. Any developer can sales their games on any of these stores if they want.

I don't mind. Hell, if I ever pick up and xbone then at least I can play it on both.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

13 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

You can always ask EA to implement game injection system for other games. For example, Trillian IM (all IMs into 1 software - well used to be, until most IM shutdown or closed their doors to their APIs) do this just fine. So it is totally possible to do. Actually, I think GOG allows you to do this. You can just add all your games to it, and use their chat service. Never tried, but I recall them announcing this with GOG Galaxy.

Lovely. Another thing I have to set up in addition to my 30 proprietary launchers.

Yes you can! Ask your friend for a Visa or MasterCard gift card instead, and you can use whatever store you want

Clearly missing the point of gift cards. And regardless, I don't want to have 30 different wallets on 30 different platforms for MANY reasons. Play dumb if you want to, but I think the reasons there are pretty obvious.

Or you know... have all your games in the start menu, like the good old days, then never touch Steam, Origin, UPlay, and GOG Galaxy.

I can? Cool! So if I click on Far Cry 4, Uplay doesn't pop up? And if I want to install I don't have to do it through Uplay?

That is not true at all. Any developer can sales their games on any of these stores if they want.

Neat. Show me the Ubisoft game I can buy on Origin! The whole reason each of those companies has their own platform is they don't want to sell their stuff on the other's platform.

Your argument is not strong sir. It's basically "look at all these inconvenient work-arounds you can do to get things kinda like you want".

It's not about whether, after investing a bunch of time, I can get things somewhat similar to the way they would be from a single platform... It's that I really shouldn't have to do all that stuff in the first place.

Download Steam, all games are there, functionality across all games. EZ. No effort involved.

4 hours ago, Fooshi said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, Microsoft.

This hostage situation is really starting to piss me off. Let Remedy go, you manipulative pieces of shits.

How are you a hostage? Sure you can buy a hardcopy at local stores.