Quantum Break will not be coming to Steam - Windows Store Exclusive

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

Everyone yells that such thing are good because steam gets a competitor.

Problem is every single competitor out there is even worse!

I mean valve puts their games on steam, but also allows other devs to put their games on steam.

On the other hand, have you seen games from like indies on uplay or origin? I haven't.

GoG is better.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Is this also a multiplayer? If so then does that mean PC players will need to purchase XBOX Live subscriptions? Good luck MS trying to sell that bullshit to us PC gamers too.

I can see this MS "supporting PC gamers" being a complete clusterfuck.

Just now, C2dan88 said:

Is this also a multiplayer? If so then does that mean PC players will need to purchase XBOX Live subscriptions? Good luck MS trying to sell that bullshit to us PC gamers too.

I can see this MS "supporting PC gamers" being a complete clusterfuck.

The game is singleplayer only.

Source: http://www.quantumbreak.com/faq/will-quantum-break-have-multiplayer/

aannddd who didn't expect that?

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Considering they are giving a pc and xbox copy bundled together with save sync this seems like an obvious business choice.

I haven't followed the game at all so my only concern is what happens if I buy this game on console get my windows store copy and then trade it in?

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

1 minute ago, Legion said:

Considering they are giving a pc and xbox copy bundled together with save sync this seems like an obvious business choice.

I haven't followed the game at all so my only concern is what happens if I buy this game on console get my windows store copy and then trade it in?

I'm guessing they're going to tie the free windows copy to your gamertag associated Microsoft Account or through a one time use code (<- more likely). So if you trade in the Xbox copy you still retain the Windows copy (What i assume) But i guess we need to see how its handled?

Everything with this makes since. MS is trying to go full support with Win10, they need a major game to draw the gaming community in and start using the store UI, the more that is drawn I the more input they will receive on both the store and DX12.

MS was bound to start doing this at some point. To many people are getting their panties in a bunch over this issue. We all saw this coming guys. Calm down and lets see how this goes. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

All these people in thread pissed its not on steam, Valve needs to have less control over the pc landscape, not more. It'd be better if it was available on multiple plateforms, such as Origin and Steam, but competition among pc distributors is good

I never understood why people get so mad when some game is not on Steam. Like really?!
What's wrong with a game even having it's own launcher. Like some MMOs and Blizzard games.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

The issue people are having is that every time we want to play a game, we have to download some company's BS proprietary launcher.

The reason it's fine with Valve, and not Microsoft, or EA, or Ubisoft... Is that games from anywhere are sold on steam, not just Valve games, and the delivery platform is their actual product. With something like Origin, it's only EA games, and the platform is just some after-though they put no effort in to. They would never sell a Ubisoft game on their store, so by nature Steam is aiming to be a singular platform that everyone uses, where as Uplay and Origin are just making it so we have to download 9384759834 crappy launchers to play all our games.

Maybe if the Origin and Uplay platforms were actually any good, I wouldn't have as much of an issue. But they're terrible. No back up feature, Origin STILL doesn't have a way to limit its bandwidth usage. They're not trying to make a good platform for people to use, it's just some after-thought that isn't very good that we're being forced to use.

51 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

I never understood why people get so mad when some game is not on Steam. Like really?!
What's wrong with a game even having it's own launcher. Like some MMOs and Blizzard games.

And all EA games and all Ubi games that force uplay now anyway, virtually all mmos, plus there's games you should totally support on GOG and games I genuinely like there. So couldn't agree more.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Makes sense with the whole cross-buy they're going for.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

19 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

The issue people are having is that every time we want to play a game, we have to download some company's BS proprietary launcher.

The reason it's fine with Valve, and not Microsoft, or EA, or Ubisoft... Is that games from anywhere are sold on steam, not just Valve games, and the delivery platform is their actual product. With something like Origin, it's only EA games, and the platform is just some after-though they put no effort in to. They would never sell a Ubisoft game on their store, so by nature Steam is aiming to be a singular platform that everyone uses, where as Uplay and Origin are just making it so we have to download 9384759834 crappy launchers to play all our games.

Maybe if the Origin and Uplay platforms were actually any good, I wouldn't have as much of an issue. But they're terrible. No back up feature, Origin STILL doesn't have a way to limit its bandwidth usage. They're not trying to make a good platform for people to use, it's just some after-thought that isn't very good that we're being forced to use.

Interesting. But the game is found from your Start Menu like all your other software. Just run it there

No?

Ok for those who care, I made a more step-by-step guide on how to add Universal Apps and Windows Store purchased software to Steam, and how to pin Steam game to the Start Menu or Taskbar.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/547779-add-universal-apps-and-purchased-windows-store-games-to-steam-library-and-how-to-pin-steam-games-to-windows-taskbar-and-start-menu/

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

It's not specifically the fact that it's not on Steam... It's the fact that I am being forced to use THEIR crappy proprietary launcher.

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Interesting. But the game is found from your Start Menu like all your other software. Just run it there

No?

Cool. So if I'm playing a microsoft game and want to chat with a friend playing an EA game without having to alt+tab out, I can do that? Nope... If I get a gift card for the Microsoft store, I can buy the new Far Cry 4? Nope.. If I get an item drop in a Ubisoft game, I can sell it and buy something in an EA game? Nope... I can set my settings once in a single location and not worry about it anymore? Nope... I need to go set them in each of the 30 proprietary launchers I now have to download.

That's why people love Steam, because the product is the platform for games, and not just THEIR games. Where as EA, Microsoft, and Ubisoft only want to sell their own games, meaning that what they're doing is leading to every company having their own separate launcher, instead of one, unified, convenient place to have all your games.

6 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

Cool. So if I'm playing a microsoft game and want to chat with a friend playing an EA game without having to alt+tab out, I can do that?

You can always ask EA to implement game injection system for other games. For example, Trillian IM (all IMs into 1 software - well used to be, until most IM shutdown or closed their doors to their APIs) do this just fine. So it is totally possible to do. Actually, I think GOG allows you to do this. You can just add all your games to it, and use their chat service. Never tried, but I recall them announcing this with GOG Galaxy.

Nope... If I get a gift card for the Microsoft store, I can buy the new Far Cry 4? Nope..

Yes you can! Ask your friend for a Visa or MasterCard gift card instead, and you can use whatever store you want.

If I get an item drop in a Ubisoft game, I can sell it and buy something in an EA game? Nope... I can set my settings once in a single location and not worry about it anymore? Nope... I need to go set them in each of the 30 proprietary launchers I now have to download.

Or you know... have all your games in the start menu, like the good old days, then never touch Steam, Origin, UPlay, and GOG Galaxy.

That's why people love Steam, because the product is the platform for games, and not just THEIR games. Where as EA, Microsoft, and Ubisoft only want to sell their own games, meaning that what they're doing is leading to every company having their own separate launcher, instead of one, unified, convenient place to have all your games.

That is not true at all. Any developer can sales their games on any of these stores if they want.

I don't mind. Hell, if I ever pick up and xbone then at least I can play it on both.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

13 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

You can always ask EA to implement game injection system for other games. For example, Trillian IM (all IMs into 1 software - well used to be, until most IM shutdown or closed their doors to their APIs) do this just fine. So it is totally possible to do. Actually, I think GOG allows you to do this. You can just add all your games to it, and use their chat service. Never tried, but I recall them announcing this with GOG Galaxy.

Lovely. Another thing I have to set up in addition to my 30 proprietary launchers.

Yes you can! Ask your friend for a Visa or MasterCard gift card instead, and you can use whatever store you want

Clearly missing the point of gift cards. And regardless, I don't want to have 30 different wallets on 30 different platforms for MANY reasons. Play dumb if you want to, but I think the reasons there are pretty obvious.

Or you know... have all your games in the start menu, like the good old days, then never touch Steam, Origin, UPlay, and GOG Galaxy.

I can? Cool! So if I click on Far Cry 4, Uplay doesn't pop up? And if I want to install I don't have to do it through Uplay?

That is not true at all. Any developer can sales their games on any of these stores if they want.

Neat. Show me the Ubisoft game I can buy on Origin! The whole reason each of those companies has their own platform is they don't want to sell their stuff on the other's platform.

Your argument is not strong sir. It's basically "look at all these inconvenient work-arounds you can do to get things kinda like you want".

It's not about whether, after investing a bunch of time, I can get things somewhat similar to the way they would be from a single platform... It's that I really shouldn't have to do all that stuff in the first place.

Download Steam, all games are there, functionality across all games. EZ. No effort involved.

4 hours ago, Fooshi said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, Microsoft.

This hostage situation is really starting to piss me off. Let Remedy go, you manipulative pieces of shits.

How are you a hostage? Sure you can buy a hardcopy at local stores.

4 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Microsoft came up with the idea. And i know DX12 support goes back quite a bit, but making it right away DX12 exclusive. Not a good idea...

The game uses an api that is fully supported by, uuuh, uuuh, oh yeah, NOTHING.

not a single gpu fully supports it! Why release it for that?!

Why not Nvidia does all there BS crap with royalty fees tomanufactues and so does Intel.

12 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

Lovely. Another thing I have to set up in addition to my 30 proprietary launchers.

Well, what can I say, ask all IMs to open their doors for third party solution, and I am sure someone will do a solution, like Trillian. Basically, you run Trillian at startup, and you are done, do a keyboard shortcut, and you have a Steam like overlay (which also looks nice), and you have all your chatting buddies from all different networks. It is a shame really, the guys at Trillian made that happen, and now almost everyone closed their chat IM APIs (or died, like Yahoo IM, AOL IM, etc.).

Clearly missing the point of gift cards. And regardless, I don't want to have 30 different wallets on 30 different platforms for MANY reasons. Play dumb if you want to, but I think the reasons there are pretty obvious.

Having more liberty is bad? And I don't think you know what Visa or MasterCard gift cards are. They are like any other gift cards, but you can use it anywhere. Basically, like cash, but you have a card.

I can? Cool! So if I click on Far Cry 4, Uplay doesn't pop up? And if I want to install I don't have to do it through Uplay?

You go through Uplay/Steam/Origin, etc to install it. But the game should be in the start menu, or you can manually make a shortcut to.

Neat. Show me the Ubisoft game I can buy on Origin! The whole reason each of those companies has their own platform is they don't want to sell their stuff on the other's platform.

Sure.

1- Develop your game

2- Contact the platform of your choice to sale your game through, like everyone else.

3- Register with them (registration fee may apply), sign the provided contract with the sales channels you go through.

4- They'll give you all the information you need on how to keep track of your sales, control the price, and so on.

On Windows Store it is a bit easier, and more open.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/publish

And I think it is like only 100$ for registering

4 hours ago, Samfisher said:

And look at how much hate Origin and UPlay get for how terrible they are.  Microsoft aren't know for getting things right the first time round, especially not gaming related things.

Well they got my Xbox Original right.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Well, what can I say, ask all IMs to open their doors for third party solution, and I am sure someone will do a solution, like Trillian. Basically, you run Trillian at startup, and you are done, do a keyboard shortcut, and you have a Steam like overlay (which also looks nice), and you have all your chatting buddies from all different networks. It is a shame really, the guys at Trillian made that happen, and now almost everyone closed their chat IM APIs (or died, like Yahoo IM, AOL IM, etc.).

Again. I shouldn't have to put forth a bunch of effort and contact people to hope they help me make a solution to a problem that's already solved by games simply being on Steam.

5 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Having more liberty is bad? And I don't think you know what Visa or MasterCard gift cards are. They are like any other gift cards, but you can use it anywhere. Basically, like cash, but you have a card.

The idea of a gift card is that you give them money that they have to spend on something they want.. Instead of like.. groceries. And that still doesn't solve the fact that I have 30 different wallets on 30 different platforms, and that none of their value is interchangeable.

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

You go through Uplay/Steam/Origin, etc to install it. But the game should be in the start menu, or you can manually make a shortcut to.

Yes, I can make a shortcut to it, which will then proceed to open Uplay and make me play it through that. The issue is not where I initially click on the game.

8 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Sure.

1- Develop your game

2- Contact the platform of your choice to sale your game through, like everyone else.

3- Register with them (registration fee may apply), sign the provided contract with the sales channels you go through.

4- They'll give you all the information you need on how to keep track of your sales, control the price, and so on.

On Windows Store it is a bit easier, and more open.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/publish

And I think it is like only 100$ for registering

I know you said "sure"... but you really weren't able to do what I asked. There are no Ubisoft games on Origin, or EA games on Microsoft Store, or any other combination... Other than Steam. I still have to download Uplay AND Origin AND Battle.net launcher to play all the games that I want to play.

Also, clearly you're intentionally being dense. 1) This is being discussed from the consumer side of things. 2) Independently developing my own game does not stop me from having to download Uplay AND Origin AND Battle.net launcher to play the games that I want to play.

4 hours ago, Speedbird said:

.....and?

What's wrong with the Windows Store? Both EA and Ubisoft now distribute their titles thorugh their own platform, but when Microsoft does it, everybody loses their minds. It's a Windows 10 exclusive anyway. I get it, you like Steam because of its features, but I'm sure MS will sooner or later make something similar to the exisiting platforms, with a social network, in-game overlay and achievements.

There is a big problem with windows store, ive completely deleted it. So cant play games if they start going store exclusive, store is not steam/origin which you can install separately.