Quantum Break will not be coming to Steam - Windows Store Exclusive

Buy xbox on, use code for PC, trade in.......I could deal with this if this is how microsoft plan to move ahead with exclusives.

Not arsed in the slightest its only on the windows store, ill just add it to steam as a none steam game a still launch it though steam

The pricing on the windows store maybe a bit high, but i suppose using a VPN and buying from another region for cheaper could be an option....

I really fail to see anything negative with this...its win win or win draw at worst.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

9 minutes ago, Mystic Mistro said:

Surely this wi ll just do the same thing for the release as happened for the new tomb raider... its just bombed...super hard.

Much like Blu-ray doesn't make crappy movies and crappy actors any good, as much as Sony wants you to believe, Steam doesn't make any crappy games any good either.

21 hours ago, Hunched said:

Wow how shocking, Microsoft is using their Microsoft store and not using other stores where they would make less profit per copy sold.

Very shocking, everyone is shocked, I am shocked!

Outrage, hysteria, madness, confusion!

Seriously this shouldn't even be news...

Less profit per unit, but more profit overall. Microsoft is doing this to push their store, not to make money directly. 

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

Less profit per unit, but more profit overall. Microsoft is doing this to push their store, not to make money directly. 

...no, they're making more profit per copy sold by selling it on their own platform and not giving steam or others a cut.

Overall they'll probably make less money than they would if it was on more popular platforms though.

Just now, Hunched said:

...no, they're making more profit per copy sold by selling it on their own platform and not giving steam or others a cut.

But they will sell fewer units and make less profit. That's a fact. 

Just now, Sakkura said:

I know.

6 hours ago, No Nrg said:

so......... I just open Windows store and purchase instead of Steam.

Wow, such a controversy. o.O

First Xbone people complain about it being on PC, now PC group is complaining about it being on Windows Store?

Just stop the nonsense and be glad you could play a game that otherwise would have been Xbone exclusive. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Thank you! Somebody with more than half a brain cell. It's on Windows Store. If you buy it on Xbox then you also get it on PC.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Why?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

11 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Why?

Because it's on a relatively niche store that practically nobody uses for full-fledged games.

20 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Because it's on a relatively niche store that practically nobody uses for full-fledged games.

It's not niche. Nobody uses it because most people avoid Windows 10's main features and thus the store.

47 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

It's not niche. Nobody uses it because most people avoid Windows 10's main features and thus the store.

It's relatively niche because of things like "nobody uses it" and "most people avoid [...] the store." It has a privileged position in a very mainstream OS, so it has the potential for massive growth.

the best situation would be that it is that all games where on all stores and platforms, so that the platforms/stores did fight against each other directly, not based on what games they had. 

All games should be on Steam, and All games should also be on Uplay, Windows store, GOG galaxy and Orgin.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I don't care personally.  Not interested in playing it myself.

15 hours ago, Mihle Gaming said:

the best situation would be that it is that all games where on all stores and platforms, so that the platforms/stores did fight against each other directly, not based on what games they had. 

All games should be on Steam, and All games should also be on Uplay, Windows store, GOG galaxy and Orgin.

Steam won't allow that because they like having a monopoly. Just based on the current market and fanboism you will find that if they did actually put all games on every platform, it would still be dominated by Steam. So that idea, whilst in theory would work. In practice because of brand loyalty and consumers not knowing what's good for them it will not work.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

On ‎14‎.‎02‎.‎2016‎. at 4:39 PM, Samfisher said:

So.... Who made the brilliant idea to make a game Windows Store exclusive?? Who does that?  I'm just waiting for this to not sell at all and then for the devs to go "PC is a dead platform, we won't make a PC version anymore".  There's so much face palm going on here...

The brilliant idea was made by the people that do math

giving away

developers have to give around 30% of the money generated from sales games on the platform

really sucks

and I hate steam, not saying Windows store is the best solution but it's a hell better than the laggy POS that steam is

If I wanted adds popping up everytime I open up on close the game and all the content displayed be from http server I'd be using my fraking internet Explorer for that

in the perfect world we'd be using GOG without DRM and additional clients.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

If only there's some unified platform. No I have to go to Steam, uplay, origin and MS store(?).

Might as well just go back to the CD days where I buy every thing from the same merchant xD And have my entire library on my shelf. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

4 hours ago, DXMember said:

The brilliant idea was made by the people that do math

giving away

really sucks

and I hate steam, not saying Windows store is the best solution but it's a hell better than the laggy POS that steam is

If I wanted adds popping up everytime I open up on close the game and all the content displayed be from http server I'd be using my fraking internet Explorer for that

in the perfect world we'd be using GOG without DRM and additional clients.

I have to agree about Steam's ads. While I'm not sure how many people mind the ads, I imagine at least some people mind them and therefore, I would like to see the option to have them disabled from displaying. But if Valve is hell-bent on making money, they may not care to do it since they make a lot of money with that ad-displaying going on. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

On 15/02/2016 at 11:37 AM, Humbug said:

I think PC gamers should stop blaming consoles for our problems. There are so many games that are outstanding on PC despite being multiplatform. If it's not the case we should blame the devs, not the consoles.

Nobody blames the console itself, just the general idea of the console existing and the business practices that go along with it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

40 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I have to agree about Steam's ads. While I'm not sure how many people mind the ads, I imagine at least some people mind them and therefore, I would like to see the option to have them disabled from displaying. But if Valve is hell-bent on making money, they may not care to do it since they make a lot of money with that ad-displaying going on. 

Windows store and it's apps have the functionality to do adds as well but I hope they don't abuse it for full release games

worst case scenario we get something like watch this 15 second add to get 50kk zen in game or after every cutscene

If they don't have adds at all - well then I'm really positively surprised and it might even be a better solution than GOG

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K