Quantum Break will not be coming to Steam - Windows Store Exclusive

Source : http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/quantum_break_will_not_be_coming_to_steam_-_windows_store_exclusive/1

Source : http://majornelson.com/podcast/mnr-563-quantum-break-news-and-more/

11094950410l.jpg

Quantum Break will not be releasing on Steam, Origin or Uplay but will be a Windows Store Exclusive title. The game will only support the DirectX 12 API, meaning that only newer GPUs form both AMD and Nvidia will be supported. As a Windows Store exclusive title mans that Microsoft will be the sole digital distributor for the title, meaning that they will be getting all the money that comes from selling the title. Right now most developers have to give around 30% of the money generated from sales games on the platform, so Microsoft is expected to get a lot of revenue from this Windows Store Exclusivity deal.

So.... Who made the brilliant idea to make a game Windows Store exclusive?? Who does that?  I'm just waiting for this to not sell at all and then for the devs to go "PC is a dead platform, we won't make a PC version anymore".  There's so much face palm going on here...

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

.....and?

What's wrong with the Windows Store? Both EA and Ubisoft now distribute their titles thorugh their own platform, but when Microsoft does it, everybody loses their minds. It's a Windows 10 exclusive anyway. I get it, you like Steam because of its features, but I'm sure MS will sooner or later make something similar to the exisiting platforms, with a social network, in-game overlay and achievements.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Microsoft came up with the idea. And i know DX12 support goes back quite a bit, but making it right away DX12 exclusive. Not a good idea...

The game uses an api that is fully supported by, uuuh, uuuh, oh yeah, NOTHING.

not a single gpu fully supports it! Why release it for that?!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I think what Microsoft will eventually do is transform Xbox into a store rather than a piece of hardware.

So you will be able to buy an Xbox game through the windows store. This game can be played on Microsoft Windows PC or Xbox console.

This will attempt to push gog, origin, steam, uplay etc to the sidelines... But if it's only their first party games then you cannot fault them. They have the right to only distribute via their store rather than paying cuts to gog and steam etc... Nobody can say that this is evil. The danger is when they start bribing other devs to get onto the windows store exclusively. These kind of bribes and cut-throat business so far have not happened on PC because Origin and Steam etc seem to conduct themselves in an ethical manner for the most part. But in the console world these backroom deals for exclusivity are commonplace.

Why is this a surprise to anyone? Why would Microsoft pay the 30% Steam tax, when they can just not? This game is supposed to use XBox for windows thing, so savegames can be shared/updated between the Xbone and the Windows version.

Either way, this game is DX12 exclusive anyways, so you already have everything you need for it in Win 10.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

.....and?

What's wrong with the Windows Store? Both EA and Ubisoft now distribute their titles thorugh their own platform, but when Microsoft does it, everybody loses their minds. It's a Windows 10 exclusive anyway. I get it, you like Steam because of its features, but I'm sure MS will sooner or later make something similar to the exisiting platforms, with a social network, in-game overlay and achievements.

And look at how much hate Origin and UPlay get for how terrible they are.  Microsoft aren't know for getting things right the first time round, especially not gaming related things.

Sorry Microshit, but I'll just wait for the standalone Skidrow release, thanks.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

3 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

.....and?

Everyone yells that such thing are good because steam gets a competitor.

Problem is every single competitor out there is even worse!

I mean valve puts their games on steam, but also allows other devs to put their games on steam.

On the other hand, have you seen games from like indies on uplay or origin? I haven't.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Guys there is nothing wrong with Microsoft putting their game on their store only.

They do not want to pay cuts to gog etc...

This is ok as long as they do not bribe other devs or make exclusivity deals with 3rd party devs to only sell via the windows store. If they start doing that then it's the end for open competition on the PC.

Microsoft is retarded and we still dont expect things like this. there becoming worse than apple...

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

25 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, Microsoft.

This hostage situation is really starting to piss me off. Let Remedy go, you manipulative pieces of shits.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, Valve for selling only on steam.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, EA. For selling only on origin.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, Ubisoft*. for selling only on Uplay. Actually you can buy games on steam but you still gotta use Uplay.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, Blizzard. for selling only on battle.net

Everyone gets a Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you

PS: Quantum Break is a xbox exclusive. Notice how I didnt specify one.

but I'm sure MS will sooner or later make something similar to the exisiting platforms, with a social network, in-game overlay and achievements.

It's called the Xbox app. The only thing missing I believe, dont quote me on that is the in game overlay. Hell you can even record footage in the xbox app.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I don't like Steam at all but does this even make sense from a business standpoint?

from a business standpoint it does make sense when you take a long term view.

they have to make the windows store as popular as steam/Origin amongst gamers. If they cannot do that they have to at least make it as popular as gog.

Just now, Humbug said:

they have to make the windows store as popular as steam/Origin amongst gamers. If they cannot do that they have to at least make it as popular as gog.

Make it as popular as Origin? So not at all? :P

Just now, Humbug said:

Yeah, many people can tolerate GoG because it's pretty decent as a whole, and people have lots of trust into CD Projekt. If Microsoft can't even do that then they're fucking up hard.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

How dare someone not want to give Valve a 30% cut off a game they didn't have anything to do with making! Bring out the torches and pitchforks, lord Gaben's wallet is shivering.

19 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Everyone yells that such thing are good because steam gets a competitor.

Problem is every single competitor out there is even worse!

I mean valve puts their games on steam, but also allows other devs to put their games on steam.

On the other hand, have you seen games from like indies on uplay or origin? I haven't.

well I dont know about Origin but Uplay does sell other games. 4 of them are in the top sellers even.

Street Fighter: Capcom

Rise of the tomb raider: Square Enix

The Witcher 3: CDPR

Just Cause 3: Square Enix

ZTThAFd.png

26 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

not a single gpu fully supports it! Why release it for that?!

And they need full DX12 support for this game because?

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Even Windows 10 supporters can possibly defend Games for windows live 2.0.....right?

What are you talking about? There is no Games For Windows Live 2.0. Online features for first party games will be handled through XBL and the features BUILT INTO the OS itself. The Windows Store is just another store front.