Srsly. WTF. Where is my DIGITAL TV?

iamdarkyoshi

Yet another thread on my Sony VAIO LS Series All-In-One PC VGC-LS25E 

Multiple sites say it will do HDTV. 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2107216,00.asp

hl3.PNG.3ebd61e58a161a589da9b579e74aabfa

http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-vaio-ls-series-all-in-one-pc-vgc-ls25e-core-2-duo-t5600-1-83-ghz-2-gb-250-gb-lcd-19/specs/

hl69.PNG.fadfa47f4eced2565963952406bc700

But...

IMG_20160213_193807.thumb.jpg.45ed2da634

Am I missing something obvious? Or is the cake a lie and we should not vote for turnip?

Wrong driver

Wrong model?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

NTSC

old anolog

ATSC

new digital hd

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

8 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

ah! Drivers!

So does Media Portal allow you to watch T.V using your TV's internal Digital Tuner?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

So why can't I see any digital channels?

Do any TVs see digital channels?

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

2 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

So does Media Portal allow you to watch T.V using your TV's internal Digital Tuner?

The PC has a tuner in it and I have spent the entire damn day trying to get drivers to work

Its supposed to be a replacement to windows media center

What type of digitcal channels are you trying to watch? This tuner supports ATSC, which is used for Over The Air (OTA) digital channels. Channels from a cable company use QAM - unencrypted channels in ClearQAM, and encrypted channels in some other type of QAM which requires a CableCard to view.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

8 minutes ago, brwainer said:

What type of digitcal channels are you trying to watch? This tuner supports ATSC, which is used for Over The Air (OTA) digital channels. Channels from a cable company use QAM - unencrypted channels in ClearQAM, and encrypted channels in some other type of QAM which requires a CableCard to view.

Antenna. Local stations. The software and stuff only seem to see it as an analog tuner

It looks like all the drivers and other software from VAIO are only availble for Windows VIsta, the original operating system. But have you checked whether AverMedia has updated drivers and software for this tuner?

According this page: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/0_TV_Card_Features MediaPortal does not support AverMedia tuners. And sources online indicate that the tuner in your computer was made by AverMedia for VAIO.

EDit: on the MediaPortal forum there are users who have gotten various AVerMedia devices to work - I guess hte wiki is saying hte specific features (DiSEqC, CI) are not supported. But a note on that page does say you need "BDA" drivers - no idea what those are. SInce this appears to be an application specific issue, I recommend asking on the MediaPortal forums for more assistance

11 minutes ago, brwainer said:

It looks like all the drivers and other software from VAIO are only availble for Windows VIsta, the original operating system. But have you checked whether AverMedia has updated drivers and software for this tuner?

I was able to get sony's drivers to work on it (after switching to a 32 bit copy of win7), and it called it a "SLIM Analog Tuner" or something.

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

I was able to get sony's drivers to work on it (after switching to a 32 bit copy of win7), and it called it a "SLIM Analog Tuner" or something.

See my edit above. What I've read so far indicates that some drivers might work in analog mode with MediaPortal but that ATSC support is more picky about drivers.